Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one way this game is going and it's not in our favour. We've lost our last 6 vs Penrith, last 7 vs Souths, 6/7 against Melbourne and 6/8 vs Roosters. I had high hopes for this season but after watching us let Parra back into the game multiple times, failing to beat the Bunnies reserve grade forward pack and then the Knights game I don't think we have the right kind of attitude to be winning these games against the top sides. More than happy to be wrong but Penrith are ruthless and we are the opposite
Hard to argue. Can only hope they can pull one out of the bag.

we are gonna get pu-pu-pu-pu-pu-pu-pu-pumped, but ill still watch
I don't think we will get pumped @Bomb Voyage So far this season, we have lost only one game, by one point, in golden point, to a team that I think will get close to the GF this season. I agree it's unlikely we'll win this one, but it's vitally important to the rest of our season that we don't get pumped and compete for the full eighty minutes. I can't tip against the Sea Eagles (ever), so I have us winning by 5 points. Go Manly.

I don't rate our chances at zero, but given that we have played two golden point matches back to back I think that alone will get the Panthers the win.

Would love to be wrong.

Anyone who is going to the game, where are you sitting?? As there is no away supporters I would like to be among some fellow Manly fans. I was planning on getting south hill tickets but let me know where you silvertailvers will be.

Hopefully they’ll surprise you

I don’t expect a win , but I don’t think we’ll be smashed either.
Think the first 15min will be trench warfare, then after that we'll see if we start dropping off in tackles. If we can go set for set after 15min I'll be really impressed. Conceding errors and penalties will automatically lead to Riff try's no matter where it's taken from. Just think after two taxing games, this really is a bridge to far for our boys. I know we shouldn't look ahead but we have the Storm on Friday week 8pm at home, I'm more inclined to make sure we have a fit and focused team against the drizzle. Anyway, I'll be watching but praying we don't get anymore injuries.

Think the first 15min will be trench warfare, then after that we'll see if we start dropping off in tackles. If we can go set for set after 15min I'll be really impressed. Conceding errors and penalties will automatically lead to Riff try's no matter where it's taken from. Just think after two taxing games, this really is a bridge to far for our boys. I know we shouldn't look ahead but we have the Storm on Friday week 8pm at home, I'm more inclined to make sure we have a fit and focused team against the drizzle. Anyway, I'll be watching but praying we don't get anymore injuries.
You are more likely to be right than me.

But I dunno I just feel there’s more resolve in this side than last year.

They were disrupted by injuries on Saturday , and let’s face it like the Dolphins our depth isn’t our strongest point.

We all expect an absolute thrashing , and that’s a reasonable bet if you are into Sportsbet or Ladbrokes BUT we could surprise.

No great pressure , expected to lose in a big way , who knows !!!
Obviously Penrith is still a very good side but they arnt in the same league as last few years.

Yes they may very well give us a touch up but I'm predicting a win for us.

Fisher Harris looks like he's out is he not?

Obviously Penrith is still a very good side but they arnt in the same league as last few years.

Yes they may very well give us a touch up but I'm predicting a win for us.

Fisher Harris looks like he's out is he not?
Yes that’s part of my reasoning , they’ve actually lost a lot of really good players , mind you still a top 4 side BUT I’m not sure they are as good as they were say in 2021 when they were largely invincible.

That said I doubt a win , but everyone is predicting a pantsing and I think that’s way off the mark.

You are more likely to be right than me.

But I dunno I just feel there’s more resolve in this side than last year.

They were disrupted by injuries on Saturday , and let’s face it like the Dolphins our depth isn’t our strongest point.
Agree, on the greater resolve in the team. Lawton could be an option for centre, just purely for his defence alone. And Weeks needs to be sent out more often when a bit of fatigue sets in, that's if they get fatigued...

Hopefully they’ll surprise you

I don’t expect a win , but I don’t think we’ll be smashed either.
Hey Mark , I hope you are feeling well feathered friend

I am expecting a win against the Panthers . The Panthers may be Premiers but they are not unbeatable or perfect and have weaknesses like every other team and Smart coaching staff are able to sort this sht out

Looking forward to seeing the dynamic coaching duo Seibold / Flanagans winning game plan Because These are the type of wins that champion teams are made from

The game against the Panthers is a defining moment for us
A resilient win can Transform us into Respected Premiership winning Contenders

Assuming Tuipulotu & Burbo are not available, this team will likely be selected today
  1. Turbo
  2. Vaega
  3. Parker
  4. Harper
  5. Garrick
  6. Schuster
  7. DCE
  8. Paseka
  9. Croker
  10. Jake
  11. Olakauátu
  12. Tuilagi
  13. Aloiai
  14. Weekes
  15. Lawton
  16. Keppie
  17. Bullemor
However, this is another team that could be selected specifically for this match (assuming Gordon is not upgraded). No one is playing out of position. Harper has played wing for the Maori All Stars & Turbo has excelled in the centres for NSW. He & Weekes could swap throughout the match. Lawton can share dummy half duties with Croker.
  1. Weekes
  2. Harper (if preferred, select Vaega)
  3. Parker
  4. Turbo
  5. Garrick
  6. Schuster
  7. DCE
  8. Paseka
  9. Croker
  10. Jake
  11. Olakauátu
  12. Tuilagi
  13. Aloiai
  14. Lawton
  15. Fainu
  16. Keppie
  17. Bullemor
Edit: whatever team Seibold selects, I will be very happy if Weekes is in the starting 13

Assuming Tuipulotu & Burbo are not available, this team will likely be selected today
  1. Turbo
  2. Vaega
  3. Parker
  4. Harper
  5. Garrick
  6. Schuster
  7. DCE
  8. Paseka
  9. Croker
  10. Jake
  11. Olakauátu
  12. Tuilagi
  13. Aloiai
  14. Weekes
  15. Lawton
  16. Keppie
  17. Bullemor
However, this is another team that could be selected specifically for this match (assuming Gordon is not upgraded). No one is playing out of position. Harper has played wing for the Maori All Stars & Turbo has excelled in the centres for NSW. He & Weekes could swap throughout the match. Lawton can share dummy half duties with Croker.
  1. Weekes
  2. Harper (if preferred, select Vaega)
  3. Parker
  4. Turbo
  5. Garrick
  6. Schuster
  7. DCE
  8. Paseka
  9. Croker
  10. Jake
  11. Olakauátu
  12. Tuilagi
  13. Aloiai
  14. Lawton
  15. Fainu
  16. Keppie
  17. Bullemor
Edit: whatever team Seibold selects, I will be very happy if Weekes is in the starting 13
The Relentless and Dynamic Panthers have a lot of points in them
A speedy and dynamic Player like Weekes can only add to our points tally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8