Our hooker going forward?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love Croker's defensive work this year, but I don't think he is what we need.

Just my opinion - we should avoid signing utility/fill in types like Turpin or Keighran. Hooker isn't a position you can afford to throw anyone in.

What is the answer - I don't know. Look at England - Daryl Clark, go with a junior from Manly - GCKT or Daniel O'Donnell (not ready for a few more years), sign a gun junior from elsewhere.

Turbo is the only member of our existing spine that I think we can actually win a premiership with.
Foran is leaving
DCE eats too much cap and plays too much jungle ball
Croker is not a top 8 quality hooker

I don't think we'll be a serious premiership threat for the next 2 seasons, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Lachie Crokes is great. He’s only been playing hooker for a couple of years and he’s getting better and better. He’s also great value in terms of the salary cap. There aren’t many elite hookers outside of Grant and Cook, so save the coin. Crokes is a great club man, and if this Fainu thing has taught us anything, it’s that great club men are under valued.

Lachie Crokes is great. He’s only been playing hooker for a couple of years and he’s getting better and better. He’s also great value in terms of the salary cap. There aren’t many elite hookers outside of Grant and Cook, so save the coin. Crokes is a great club man, and if this Fainu thing has taught us anything, it’s that great club men are under valued.
👏

Isn't that what Crusher Cleal is being payed for the last 4 years or is he here on the retirement benefits plan too.

They wanted to sack him at Canterbury due to failing to meet every KPI, but Des wouldn't allow them to do it (mate, our club IS an embarrassment now):

A section of Michael Chammas' deep dive into the Bulldogs has caused a considerable stir at Manly. It surrounds the role of former Sea Eagles great Noel "Crusher" Cleal. He is responsible for recruiting and identifying talent, but when he was at the dogs, then chair Ray Dib, singled him out when discussing the loss of faith in CEO Raelene Castle and her judgement when it came to then coach Des Hasler.

"She wanted to extend Des 22 months out from his contract end date," Dib said. "She also wanted to extend Cleal's contract when it was clear to all of us he was struggling to develop any players into first graders. He didn't reach any of his KPIs in four years. Des begged me to keep Cleal on board and Raelene backed him, but the board had lost trust in her judgement by then."

There are Manly elements also questioning Cleal. His colleague, Scott Fulton, has either discovered or recruited the majority of their top-30 players. I've been told Cleal's big move was getting Andrew Davey. He's whole hearted but not a big player in the Manly machine.

Because his service from dummy half isn't up to NRL standard. You can't win a premiership in the modern game without a hooker who can get the team rolling quickly with fast, smart, and accurate passing out of dummy half.
Agree, just watch the 2 dummy half's in tonight's game

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8