Our hooker going forward?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Imagine If we hadn’t let api, hynes and gutho go. We would be top 4 every year.

Pretty disappointing last eight or nine years tbh. If we don’t win next year then this will be the longest stints between grand finals in our history.
Just another thing to thank Barrett for, didn't just churn out crap year after year but completely nuked our squad.

GCKT surely has to get a run next year. Give him a few games now the season is over. See if he can play.
Yeah mate he’s a gun from what I’ve seen of him. No point looking for a hooker outside the club imo, as all the good 9s are signed up. Better off to keep developing GCKT and give him a crack next year off the bench and see how he goes. Reckon he could provide some really good impact for us. And then have croker starting, and give Lawton a go at playing that lock role off the bench that Walker has been doing so well.

Imagine If we hadn’t let api, hynes and gutho go. We would be top 4 every year.

Pretty disappointing last eight or nine years tbh. If we don’t win next year then this will be the longest stints between grand finals in our history.

Dumb dumb Des has been setting all the records since his return..

Second worst losing streak in our history.

Worst losses to Eels , Dragons and other teams

2nd worst defensive record in the history of the nrl of any team over 20 games.

No wonder we have a massive player exodus happening, and the players that ARE here are running the assylum.

This is honestly the lowest point in our history.

Is everyone forgetting Karl Lawton was a 9 when we got him from warriors? Him and croker good where they are

Look at his body shape playing 9 at The Warriors compared to his frame now with us. He's up maybe 15 odd K/g's. He's slower, less explosive. He's the right frame for a mobile backrower which he plays now.

Yeah mate he’s a gun from what I’ve seen of him. No point looking for a hooker outside the club imo, as all the good 9s are signed up. Better off to keep developing GCKT and give him a crack next year off the bench and see how he goes. Reckon he could provide some really good impact for us. And then have croker starting, and give Lawton a go at playing that lock role off the bench that Walker has been doing so well.
Agreed. Every time i saw him (admittedly for the lower grades) he looked fast.. sharp and could tackle. Would like to see him step up.

Dumb dumb Des has been setting all the records since his return..

Second worst losing streak in our history.

Worst losses to Eels , Dragons and other teams

2nd worst defensive record in the history of the nrl of any team over 20 games.

No wonder we have a massive player exodus happening, and the players that ARE here are running the assylum.

This is honestly the lowest point in our history.

Des is one of my favourite Manly Legends

Des has done everything in the game

that is just how good Des has been

The has been part bothers me though

As every great has their use by date

We have under achieved this season and Great head coaches do not get paid over half a million dollars a season to come up with excuses for failing to make the finals

Great head coaches get paid over half a million dollars to get results in a results driven business

Just another thing to thank Barrett for, didn't just churn out crap year after year but completely nuked our squad.
Blame the people that recruited him. The ones that fell for the pretty boy hype surrounding the ‘Tyrone Power of Temora’ - Penn, Peters and sadly Bob Fulton. Seeing off a club stalwart in the process.

They didn’t just ‘nuke’ the squad. The club has suffered ever since the ‘Snives Crew,’ aka the Penn family, set its eyes upon it.

Lachie Crokes is great. He’s only been playing hooker for a couple of years and he’s getting better and better. He’s also great value in terms of the salary cap. There aren’t many elite hookers outside of Grant and Cook, so save the coin. Crokes is a great club man, and if this Fainu thing has taught us anything, it’s that great club men are under valued.
So so true - great post

Looks like it is going to be a Croker - Lawton 9 combo and wouldn 't be to displeased with that . Suggest that Croker 's defense is among the best out of all of the comp 's 9 's and good enough workman like in other requirements there . Lawton is a goer there . nothing special but sharp and lively enough to add something worthwhile and to give Froggy a rest . Maybe this junior G C K T can keep improving . Not as high profile as the Api - Fainu combo but just was not sustainable , May not have had that much game time in any case with Manase with his shoulder issues and would have been under pressure to retain A P I over time if he was retained although sure that he would have provided real good value .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8