Other games [Round 24, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Damien2812

Bencher
You are right in some sense parta we're gritty I will give them that but with Grant and Smith starting storms team balance was so out of wack.
It definitely wasn't the normal Scum team but Eels did what the Scum usually do and that's play set to set, no errors and take their chances.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Give Doesn'tmatta some credit, I think they out muscled the Strom and they didn't like it, they prefer playing to their strength which is speed...
Yes they did. They played well but I still think storm were at only about 60% of what they have showed all year.

Credit to them for beating the storm which is always good to see but it's parra so not good on that front.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No mate, they have just hit the end of their run, I thought after the panthers games 4 weeks ago they would struggle, I thought we would get them, them they struggled against the raiders and the tits, they are cooked, 19 in a row has taken its toll, the slime were the beneficiary’s of opportunity and capitalised on it.
Eels in that sense got the storm at the perfect time.

NYEagle

Bencher
That can only happen if they lose to Cronulla next week; can’t see that happening, assuming Panthers beat Tigers and Eels.
The caveat here is that Cronulla will be playing for a finals spot and Melbourne will be resting players.
I don’t know if you just saw the interview with Brandon Smith but he basically said they don’t give a damn about the minor premiership and will rest players.
How things change in the blink of an eye!.
But in the end, a healthy Manly squad into the finals and no excuses whoever we play, and in whatever order.

NYEagle

Last edited:

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Watch the drizzle players. They played not to get injured. No desperation, no commitment, drew back from the collision. So obvious.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No it's just my perspective on the game. Basically we could have beaten the Scum if we didn't make those silly crucial errors.
Still think storm are the team to beat once they get Grant back to bench , smith starting, hynes at one they combinations will flow.

They just shot themselves in the foot tonight with switching too many players around.

NYEagle

Bencher
Another thing tonight of concern was the number of Melbourne players that stayed down - Papp, Munster, Smith etc.
Yeah sure they had contact to the head, but in the past NRL players would play the ball and get on with it rather than use it to get a penalty. There were also players lowering heads into contact which says to me that could be a developing trend to get penalties.

Big concern.

NYEagle

XV-1

First Grader
Not sure where all this Storm threw the game, Storm played crap is coming from.
Storm had everything to play for - 20 games in a row. The best winning streak ever.

Storm actually showed they have nerves and played a little like it.

Parra were very very good and showed total commitment in D everywhere.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Will Bellamy be able to rest as many players against the Sharks as he was planning, if he does the Sharks are a chance of winning.

If the Sharks win and the Panthers and Manly win their two remaining games we could be playing the Panthers and not the Storm.
Brandon smiths interview was interesting still thinks they will rest players v Sharks and goal is to win gf not be minor premiers. I however think Bellamy won’t rest them as he needs to win. This in sone ways is a blessing for us too as Penrith won’t rest players Friday night. We will know on Friday night what we need to do to take 4th. In fact we may be locked into 4th on Friday night if we beat the dogs tomoz results going our way. If so I’d be resting plenty v cows.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Absolutely and it flattered their performance, but in saying that they have beaten them twice this year and not to many sides have achieved that in recent times
They have beaten them twice.

Storm lost the game I think with both Grant and Smith starting it just screwed with there play.

Anyway enough about the storm we control our own fate win the next 2 games and we will finish 4th.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Another thing tonight of concern was the number of Melbourne players that stayed down - Papp, Munster, Smith etc.
Yeah sure they had contact to the head, but in the past NRL players would play the ball and get on with it rather than use it to get a penalty. There were also players lowering heads into contact which says to me that could be a developing trend to get penalties.

Big concern.

NYEagle
Players on both sides tonight were shocking for that. It’s an ugly look for the game.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I don't think Cronulla will win next week regardless of who the Storm rest.

I think Melbourne have looked mentally fatigued for weeks. I remember the Cowboys pushing them to their limit weeks and weeks ago. They've been winning games by close margins. Parramatta wouldn't have had to work too hard to get up in terms of energy and enthusiasm for this game tonight and simply out enthused the opposition. All things being equal, they don't get near Melbourne. No Mahoney and no Sivo...I don't think they'll trouble anyone in the finals.

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
Fk the eels, they deserved to win.

Fk the Storm, they are damaged goods based on last few weeks. Seriously starting to question the Storm's tenacity - they lost to a team we beat by 50 guys....and most games they won before they ran on to the field with the opposition thinking "if we give them a good run we are going OK". Manly went out there to win. Other teams since then have done the same, and Melbourne are now struggling with adversity.

The Panthers of all teams would be looking at this weekend thinking its their time - Rooters/Rabbits Double KO. Eels eat the Storm's record, and steal their Soul, but the Eels are a soul-less bunch themselves after their month of penance. That was their Grand Final, they peaked tonight - point proven. They could very well melt into the shadows from here.

So who does that leave?

Manly v Penrith GF is looking a distinct possibility imo.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
They have beaten them twice.

Storm lost the game I think with both Grant and Smith starting it just screwed with there play.

Anyway enough about the storm we control our own fate win the next 2 games and we will finish 4th.
Storm we’re terrible from the start. Have said it before Harry Grant is overrated imo and smith is way better starting. Pap is a shadow of his old self and Hynes should go back to fb ASAP. Finucane a BIG out tonight. Massive workload and motor in the middle.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
No mate, they have just hit the end of their run, I thought after the panthers games 4 weeks ago they would struggle, I thought we would get them, them they struggled against the raiders and the tits, they are cooked, 19 in a row has taken its toll, the slime were the beneficiary’s of opportunity and capitalised on it.

As much as I'd like to believe the conspiracies, I think its more that this loss has been building for weeks and it culminated in tonight's $hithouse showing.

For mine they have been coming back to the field ever since Papenhuyzen returned to fullback. Despite the media saying he's looking like the player of old, he's clearly not and the Storm have not looked anywhere near the same free flowing, dominant team they were when Hynes was fullback.

They'll want to hope Pap gets his mojo back soon because with injuries (Addo-Carr) and players like Smith on report (for the umpteenth time) ... it could all be falling apart at the wrong time for them if they aren't careful.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As much as I'd like to believe the conspiracies, I think its more that this loss has been building for weeks and it culminated in tonight's $hithouse showing.

For mine they have been coming back to the field ever since Papenhuyzen returned to fullback. Despite the media saying he's looking like the player of old, he's clearly not and the Storm have not looked anywhere near the same free flowing, dominant team they were when Hynes was fullback.

They'll want to hope Pap gets his mojo back soon because with injuries (Addo-Carr) and players like Smith on report (for the umpteenth time) ... it could all be falling apart at the wrong time for them if they aren't careful.
100%

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18