Other games [Round 24, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Knights v Titans

Warriors v Raiders
Roosters v Rabbitohs

Dragons v Cowboys
Sharks v Broncos
Storm v Eels

Panthers v Wests Tigers

Lots of news and 'guff' this week already, so I thought I'd start this beastie early.

Cook out for souths being rested this week after picking up a quad injury last week.

Seriously hate relying on souths but Cook is a big out for souths.

I have a bad feeling for Friday night

Cook out for souths being rested this week after picking up a quad injury last week.

Seriously hate relying on souths but Cook is a big out for souths.

I have a bad feeling for Friday night
Let's hope these final two rounds don't feature teams tanking, which I think is prevalent in the AFL. I'm counting on Souffs' hatred of Easts to lift them for the match, even though it won't affect their position on the ladder (2nd or 3rd).
Did I hear correctly that Doesn'tmatta is planning to rest its stars? If so they must be content with finishing 6th.
The NRL is capable of changing rules 'on the fly' so if it is obvious clubs are tanking will we see some action taken as it does impact more teams than just their own?

Let's hope these final two rounds don't feature teams tanking, which I think is prevalent in the AFL. I'm counting on Souffs' hatred of Easts to lift them for the match, even though it won't affect their position on the ladder (2nd or 3rd).
Did I hear correctly that Doesn'tmatta is planning to rest its stars? If so they must be content with finishing 6th.
The NRL is capable of changing rules 'on the fly' so if it is obvious clubs are tanking will we see some action taken as it does impact more teams than just their own?
It’s a bit of a different situation in the AFL… the lower you place the better draft picks you get. That’s why teams that are out of the finals race consider tanking.

The NRL teams are just resting guys to be ready for finals if they think their position on the table is unlikely to change.

Match Officials​

• Referee: Ashley Klein
  • Touch Judge: Todd Smith
  • Touch Judge: Jon Stone
  • Senior Review Official: Henry Perenara
One guess which game this is
That's right
The fix is on
Roosters vs Souths ref's above.

Match Officials
That's right
The fix is on
IMG_0026.jpg

Match Officials​

That's right
The fix is on
I hope Perenara remembers to pack his glasses after last week's effort.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Dufty is injured for the Drags?
Not named in the 21 but not on the NRL casualty list either.

I know he's not going to be there next year but either is Norman and he continues to get picked much to all Dragon's fans mirth.

If Parra are resting their players when they are about to play the premiership favourites, this close to the finals time, then that is even more evidence that they are baked this year and Brad Arthur is cooked as coach.

That would be the most boneheaded move imaginable.

They need a proper benchmark for how far they have slipped, or win back some personal pride with a decent showing at full strength. Else they are simply running scared. A final's-intensity game close to finals time with a side they likely need to get over the top of to win it in Melbourne, followed by another round next week with Penrith is pretty much the best prep you can get for a finals series.

The Storm will give them the reality check they need, just in case they needed another one after their recent performances....

It’s a bit of a different situation in the AFL… the lower you place the better draft picks you get. That’s why teams that are out of the finals race consider tanking.

The NRL teams are just resting guys to be ready for finals if they think their position on the table is unlikely to change.
It hasn't happened this round. All teams seem to have picked their best available side, but it certainly could happen in round 25 for Doesn'tmatta, Melbourne, Penrith and Souffs.
I think with us and Easts battling for the No. 4 spot both clubs will be selecting their best sides next round.

It hasn't happened this round. All teams seem to have picked their best available side, but it certainly could happen in round 25 for Doesn'tmatta, Melbourne, Penrith and Souffs.
I think with us and Easts battling for the No. 4 spot both clubs will be selecting their best sides next round.
If the Roosters manage to beat Souths AND the Raiders (Thursday game) I could see us resting a couple for the Cowboys game. But if we need to win to secure 4th, don’t see it happening.

Bennett said the Rabbitohs would still expect a fine showing from Trent Robinson’s side, who have defied a wretched season to remain in premiership contention.

“I think they’ve done a great job. We all go through those seasons. That’s the strength of their club — besides Melbourne, they’ve (Roosters) probably been the best club in the competition over the past 20 years,” Bennett said.

Booooo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12