Ok Harper - last chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just gets a pass mark today, but really it was the same old rubbish, hits it up, turns his back and gets driven backwards. Made some decent tackles today, but was defending a second rower. Absolutely stifles our attack when he gets the pill. And lets not talk about his effort in chasing Garner, he didnt even try.

If he plays next week, Staggs will score a quadruple..

Just gets a pass mark today, but really it was the same old rubbish, hits it up, turns his back and gets driven backwards. Made some decent tackles today, but was defending a second rower. Absolutely stifles our attack when he gets the pill. And lets not talk about his effort in chasing Garner, he didnt even try.

If he plays next week, Staggs will score a quadruple..

Agree. Both Bronco centres have the capacity to rip Harper a new one

Hopefully Des puts Burbo back to centre when Haumole returns.

Speaking of Luke ‘Jim Rockford’ Garner, he was giving it to Turbo after he scored his try.

Must still rankle that he was never really good enough for the Sea Eagles.;)

Either that or he was a traitor, like his new coach at Penrith.

Exactly why Harper should be released at the end of the year as he is not a first grade centre and never will be

Garner burned him easily for speed yesterday which was embarrassing
Yep still pretty ordinary. Ben also had some defensive issues however offers a lot more so would imagine he is now well ahead of Harper in the pecking order.

All these people bagging Harper and Foz for being burnt for speed by Garner at the same time conveniently overlook the very poor cover defence from a certain legend. That effort reminded me of his early years when his defence was pretty sketchy. He really should have had Garner covered easily and bundled into touch... underestimated Garner's speed and strength.

Exactly why Harper should be released at the end of the year as he is not a first grade centre and never will be

Garner burned him easily for speed yesterday which was embarrassing
He is contracted at Manly for 2023.

Des doesn't drop players lightly, and yesterday Burbo was selected as centre and only moved at the last moment due to Haumole's mysterious ailment. Harper went on to play OK, Burbo starred.
I therefore expect Burbo to be chosen at left centre against Broncs.

And to be given a few games in that spot. If his mobility gets shown up too badly then might have to be a re-think, but at this stage Harper is yet to recover his feisty best form (which was pretty good in the past), Parker is missing and has a big question mark for this year, so ball is in Burbo's court for a centre spot.

Speaking of Luke ‘Jim Rockford’ Garner, he was giving it to Turbo after he scored his try.

Agreed.

I mentioned that in the game day thread (didn't know his name).

A bit classless. I mean tom didn't give Garner a gobfull when Garrick scored and all Garner had to do was push him 10 centimetres to his right. that was a much bigger miss on a much easier tackle.

He's an anker, and like the tigers, all that's missing is the 'W'...

edit: I meant "Kepeoa " for those lovely silvertailers

My hilarious joke about the 'w' still stands.

Last edited:
Menzies burned nearly every centre he played against, I won’t judge Harper on his play based on the fact someone ran faster than him

He was adequate and solid squad depth yesterday, didn’t look comfortable on the left hand side of the park, and him playing there shows he has fallen down the pecking order

I think garner and the trbojevic clan are close. Would’ve been some friendly banter.

However, the winger kepeoa had a massive chip on his shoulder.

I think garner and the trbojevic clan are close. Would’ve been some friendly banter.

However, the winger kepeoa had a massive chip on his shoulder.

Ah yeah, Kepeoa - that's the guy I meant when he was gobbing off while Tom was on the ground.

toolbag

All these people bagging Harper and Foz for being burnt for speed by Garner at the same time conveniently overlook the very poor cover defence from a certain legend. That effort reminded me of his early years when his defence was pretty sketchy. He really should have had Garner covered easily and bundled into touch... underestimated Garner's speed and strength.
yes i was disappointed by that effort, happened right in front of me at the game. Turbo should have easily had him covered. Looked like he was only 50% fit to play

Agreed.

I mentioned that in the game day thread (didn't know his name).

A bit classless. I mean tom didn't give Garner a gobfull when Garrick scored and all Garner had to do was push him 10 centimetres to his right. that was a much bigger miss on a much easier tackle.

He's an anker, and like the tigers, all that's missing is the 'W'...
Garner and Tom are good mates.

Just some ribbing between buddys, play on

I think Tom is out of form & hesitant in his play. In the first 15 minutes, he bombed a try by not passing to Garrick who was unmarked on his outside. Also, he is not running with the same zip & acceleration as last year, so it is likely he is not fully fit.
I mean Tom had a try assist, line break assist, 230 metres, 64 of those post contact, 5 tackle busts and 3 offloads on a return game from injury.

Out of form is very harsh

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8