Ok Harper - last chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I mean Tom had a try assist, line break assist, 230 metres, 64 of those post contact, 5 tackle busts and 3 offloads on a return game from injury.

Out of form is very harsh
Yeah, even on one and a half legs and not with his full mojo he still put up some impressive numbers. I think some are commenting that he doesn't look near his peak physically and a bit down on confidence... and I would concur with that. Hopefully, we'll see his confidence in his body improve over the coming weeks and his performance lift even further (I suspect it's probably more psychological for him at the moment coming back from another injury). Happy to have him there even at 80%.

I think Tom is out of form & hesitant in his play. In the first 15 minutes, he bombed a try by not passing to Garrick who was unmarked on his outside. Also, he is not running with the same zip & acceleration as last year, so it is likely he is not fully fit.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why we don’t use him as a decoy he attracts so many defenders these days

Harper or Burbo to center. Wasn't impressed with Harper's return he looks very slow and kept getting pushed backwards on hitups. Who will Des pick ?

Harper wasn’t OK on Saturday. He doesn’t win anything he does in the game. Even when he makes a tackle, he is always hanging onto to one ankle of the opposition player, and that’s if he manages to make a tackle at all.

When he runs, he is slow and gets belted and driven back.

He is not a first grader...that’s coming from someone who really liked the first 10 games of his career. I guess you could say he should be able to get back there, but it looks like the grind of the game has gotten the better of him after only 1 year.

Harper wasn’t OK on Saturday. He doesn’t win anything he does in the game. Even when he makes a tackle, he is always hanging onto to one ankle of the opposition player, and that’s if he manages to make a tackle at all.

He is not a first grader...that’s coming from someone who really liked the first 10 games of his career. I guess you could say he should be able to get back there, but it looks like the grind of the game has gotten the better of him after only 1 year.
Really don't see how anyone can see this any other way

I think Tom is out of form & hesitant in his play. In the first 15 minutes, he bombed a try by not passing to Garrick who was unmarked on his outside. Also, he is not running with the same zip & acceleration as last year, so it is likely he is not fully fit.
True, when he made that break down the middle he was looking to pass straight away, he usually takes on the fullback or draws him. He'll be better for the run though come friday night.

Harper or Burbo to center. Wasn't impressed with Harper's return he looks very slow and kept getting pushed backwards on hitups. Who will Des pick ?
One thing about Harper though, he doesn't lack courage, he got ganged tackled a few times doing the hard yards.

I mentioned before I got the wrong player re: name ( a massive 3 posts later)

play on
Yikes sorry, wasnt having a go, was just trying to clear up.

I just reply when I read the post. I don't forward read the entire thread in order to come back and reply.

Yikes sorry, wasnt having a go, was just trying to clear up.

I just reply when I read the post. I don't forward read the entire thread in order to come back and reply.

lol I meant 'play on' as I'd fixed me own f-up.

Actually..reading it, it seems a bit salty, sorry! :)

Yes it’s sad really but he looks well off the pace I think he needs an extended time in Reggie’s to rebuild confidence , as I think that’s what he’s lacking mainly.

Because Des doesn't change our playing style
This is exactly what makes us easy to defend against and why sides are now having success shutting Turbo down. We need variation and to straighten up as we tend to go from side to side to often. What happened to blokes running good lines and hitting holes like Menzies off Cliffy. I really wish DCE would take the double back out of his game.

If not already posted elsewhere, is anyone (eg @globaleagle ) able to please access a piece in 'Sport Confidential' in the Herald Sun titled "Harper reveals emotional scars left by demolition man" and begins "Manly's Morgan Harper has opened up on the permanent damage done when he was torched by Siosifa Talakai"?
If so, I'd be very grateful.

Last edited:
If not already posted elsewhere, is anyone (eg @globaleagle ) able to please access a piece in 'Sport Confidential' in the Herald Sun titled "Harper reveals emotional scars left by demolition man" and begins "Manly's Morgan Harper has opened up on the permanent damage done when he was torched by Siosifa Talakai"?
If so, I'd be very grateful.

Morgan Harper says his performance against the Sharks which saw him hooked at halftime “never goes away”.
Harper made his return to first grade last week after spending a week in reserve grade following his first half capitulation against Siosifa Talakai.

“It was a pretty poor performance,” Harper said. “Footy doesn’t always go to the plan. I had to go back and play NSW Cup and try and work on some of my tackles. I needed to get the body back. I lost a couple of kilograms because of Covid. I’m slowly getting it back which is important so I don’t get thrown around.

I'm sorry @ALinda - that's all I can get. The DT has been busy with their walls.
someone else may though...

Morgan Harper says his performance against the Sharks which saw him hooked at halftime “never goes away”.
Harper made his return to first grade last week after spending a week in reserve grade following his first half capitulation against Siosifa Talakai.

“It was a pretty poor performance,” Harper said. “Footy doesn’t always go to the plan. I had to go back and play NSW Cup and try and work on some of my tackles. I needed to get the body back. I lost a couple of kilograms because of Covid. I’m slowly getting it back which is important so I don’t get thrown around.

I'm sorry @ALinda - that's all I can get. The DT has been busy with their walls.
someone else may though...
Only two short paragraphs to add - it was a short piece:

“I’m lucky I have a close support network. They helped me through it. It never goes away, you just learn to do deal with it. I’ve learnt what I’ve learnt from it. There is no point looking back. Dwelling gets you no where.”

Harper found out on game day that he would be starting for the Sea Eagles against the Tigers last week. He has been overlooked for selection this week as the Sea Eagles play the Broncos.

I don't see Burbo being a centre. He's too slow. He's also too lightweight at this stage for backrower. His best option at the moment is off the bench but Lawton is a better option there. We need to recruit a hard running centre. Parker is ok defensively but offers little in attack and gets bashed on hitups too much. Harper is a reserve grader.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8