Official - T-Rex a Bulldogs till 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
He's injury prone and a penalty puller. I'll boo him next year.

Injury Prone ? i'll say. Did you see TRex go down in the SOO ?
I'm a TRex fan like anyone else .
Anyone with a 'lower back' injury which forces you to go on the ground in agony who thinks his back will 'come right' in a quick amount of time is kidding themselves.

The Dogs would be mad to pay him anything over $350 - 400k for 4 yrs. TRex is a big man, and his back discs will take a beating everytime he just stands up. It looked to me like a classic "Disc Rupture" where the jelly squirts out of one or more discs and into the spinal cord area causing massive pain and immobility. Beliieve me i know what i'm talking about. It takes AGES to heal. Where the ruptures heal in the discs, there will be scar tissue and this remains a 'weak spot'.

Has there been any further 'information' about the 'nature' of TRex's injury ???.

Getting the 'cap headroom' may turn out to be a lucky break for MWSE. Sorry Tony.

Good luck to him. He will do well under halser.

Im glad teh club didnt spend 600k a season for a forward, who has spent a considerable amount of games on the sidelines.

Throw some more $$$ at matty ballin and snake, and a contract extention at gift while we are going.

Like most I am sad to see him go but I'm also just glad that it’s done and dusted, let’s get on with the next game.

From what I have seen in the past few years our clubs coaching staff seem to have a knack of obtaining no name or fringe players and turning them into real classy players. Based on that, CYA T-Rex and best of luck at being a scumdogs millionaire and hello to our next new sensation at a fraction of the cost.

For some reason this loss hasn’t affected me as much as the way young hopper left.

2nd tier team, you have to pay overs. Enough said.

[attachment=289]

Attachments

• stats.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 54
Not in my DNA to boo players that wear the MW jersey. Next year Tony will be fair game.

I love my brothers and I want to stay and play with my brothers at Manly. Seems I've heard that tune a few times BRO!!!!

Don't understand some of the anger leveled at Trex. 200k a year extra is just crazy money that he couldn't knock that back. I think he genuinely wanted to stay, and I bet he can't actually believe the coin the Dogs have thrown at him. Good luck Trex sad to see the big fella go.

mickqld said:
I love my brothers and I want to stay and play with my brothers at Manly. Seems I've heard that tune a few times BRO!!!!

The Beatles were wrong, Money can buy you love.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Mick, Panthers fans actually have more class....they might come from a lower socio economic area in Sydney BUT they have loads more than these $cumdog$
It comes from the top, last week gus confirmed the signing of whare and then said out of respect to manly there would be no further comment. Greenturd gets on twitter and tweets more exciting news coming soon then makes a massive deal about it. Gus is all class, Greenberg is the lowest of the low.

We were always going to lose someone and he seemed the most likely of all to be going. I am not real pleased about it as he is a quality player, but I also think we can do just as well without him, especially if we are now able to keep Stewart, Matai and Ballin

Had to laugh on twitter have a look at Trex followers, gee those dogs fans are a laugh they are like orphans looking for parents the way they latch on.

T-REX was signed from Parramatta for $150K a year 3 years ago. To think that he is worth $600K a year which is 4 times what Manly originally signed him for makes me think that Canterbury have paid way over’s. Unfortunately I don’t think Manly will see the best of T-REX this year due to his back problem.

On the positive side I’d be surprised if Manly don’t keep Ballin & B. Stewart with the money freed up by T-REX’s departure.

pfoti said:
T-REX was signed from Parramatta for $150K a year 3 years ago. To think that he is worth $600K a year which is 4 times what Manly originally signed him for makes me think that Canterbury have paid way over’s. Unfortunately I don’t think Manly will see the best of T-REX this year due to his back problem.

On the positive side I’d be surprised if Manly don’t keep Ballin & B. Stewart with the money freed up by T-REX’s departure.

We signed him as a winger and he was a mediocre winger at best. He is a far better 2nd rower than he is a winger, that is for sure

Well at things can move on now.

For the most part I accept the business nature of things, but the smaller emotional part of me wants to go:

You lousy bugger, I remember you as the queen mary floundering around at wing and then finally after 2 years de$ puts you in the forwards (really, 2 years, not a master stroke de$ if it takes that long to realise a 193 cm tall and 120kg player who is slow should go into the forwards), then we get to see you on the sideline from suspension after suspension and injury after injury.

Not giving the money back for the suspensions? Still leaving? Then don't b/s us about your agonising decision about leaving your 'mates', what a load of crap. Enjoy your cash, loyal-less mercenary.

But that would be a bit childish, so good luck t-rex (now extinct).

You all might want to contemplate this.

Des knew exactly what T-Rexs contract was with us & the exact nature of Manlys salary cap position. And yet (if reports are true) massive overs have been paid to get T-Rexs signature.

Not only have hasler/greenturd made a poor business decision, it has helped Manly with its other retention & recruitment plans. Wouldnt surprise me if the Bulldogs were "played" by Manly on this one.

Daniel said:
pfoti said:

We signed him as a winger and he was a mediocre winger at best. He is a far better 2nd rower than he is a winger, that is for sure

We always signed him to play in the forwards but season enders to wolf and Brett in 09 put paid to that along with Matai and Lyon missing large chunks of footy

As far as i understand Judas Dogler signed TRex last year to a 2 year deal 2012/13 BUT 2013 was optional. This was done by Judas when he knew he was going to be at scumville in 2013 to coach. Put 2 and 2 together over this it was always going to happen because that Judas has planned it since mid last year otherwise why wasn't TRex signed up on a 3 or 4 year deal last year. The Manly board were asleep at the wheel last year and early this year and now we have paid the price losing TRex because that traitor was planning for 2013 at the dogs.He should have had his contract extended till 2015 or 16 and locked in after the GF and Kangaroo tour last year.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8