Official - T-Rex a Bulldogs till 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really wanted T Rex to stay he is one of my favorites....but I gotta say 600k a season for him is bordering on the ridiculous. I reckon our offer of about 400k a season is more than fair & we would be mad to go any further than that. No qualms with our management at all if these figures are at all right.

Teams that pay overs for players ( like Parra did with Hoppa last year ) just buy themselves a world of trouble.

Good luck T Rex - you just won the lotto....to steal the quote from Kerry Packer you just found your own "Alan Bond".

I wouldn't swap any of the following: Brett or Glenn Stewart, Jamie Lyon, DCE, Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough or Steve Matai for T-Dog to stay. I can't wish him well for the future, in fact not even for the rest of this year. If he went to a decent club (any of the other 14) then maybe i could.

Surely you'd be even more disgusted if he went to the Storm or Broncos? I would.
I wouldn't have worried if he went to Parra, knowing we'd never see his potential reached.

At the end of the day all about the money.

If what we hear is right.

$1.6 Million at Manly for 4 years
$2.4 Million at the $cumdog$ for four years

$800K is a LOT of extra Ca$h and it seems that's what has driven his decision.

I can't say I blame him and if any of you reading this were offered a 50% salary increase to change jobs you'd probably jump at it.

It's a business nothing more (sadly...but that's the way it is these days)

Mark from Brisbane said:
At the end of the day all about the money.

This - What we need to remember is that T-Rex said that he wanted to stay at Manly. And I believe him.
So really at the end of the day he has not gone to the Dogs cause its a better club or 'cause he wanted to play under Des.
He wanted to stay and it is purely the dollar that drove him.
And as Mark said, that sort of increase, it'd be hard to knock back.

The Who said:
The Storm have shown that you don;t need big name forwards to win football matches. Apart from Smith they are recycled players from other clubs or have been nurtured from juniors.
I'll be really worried if we lose Ballin. He is our 'rock'.

The scum have shown that you can't win comps without big name forwards. They crashed last season because of it and they will crash this season for the same reason.

These people on the big dollars are the big taxpayers in this country. Tony will be paying about $252550 per annum to the ATO in comparison to a donation of $159 550 if he took Manlys offer.

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/nrl/players/off-contract-2012/by-position-2012/

The above site lists Tasi as off contract, is that right?

Bring him home i say!

Alternatively if the above list is correct i would pick up one of the below on a cheapish deal

Anthony Cherrington
Matthew Ryan
Neccrom Areaiiti
Matt Groat
Dale Finucane

Or save his money, front end contracts where we can and at the end of next year replace Kite and Joe with TAMOU!!!!

Haha, now im dreaming

I'm sure the decision was very hard for him! and I believe he does love the club and all the lads but he couldn't knock back that amount of coin.

Disco said:
http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/nrl/players/off-contract-2012/by-position-2012/

Bring him home i say!

Alternatively if the above list is correct i would pick up one of the below on a cheapish deal

Anthony Cherrington
Matthew Ryan
Neccrom Areaiiti
Matt Groat
Dale Finucane

Dale isn't going anywhere bud

Clint i wish it was the case however it just is not

Every player who is off contract, until they make a decision, will generally say they want to stay at the club where they are playing (blake Ferguson is the only one who comes to mind who has done opposite)

Imagine if T-Rex had come out weeks ago and said he was going to do what was best for himself and family, even if that meant leave Manly?

MK Eagle said:
Still a Seaeagle for 2012.
Whoever the Bulldogs accountant is , amazing job to balance the books.
I'm on early for the Bulldogs wooden spooners in 2013 after they have all their premiership points deducted mid season, especially if they get Jennings which is on the cards.....
T REx - no hard feelings as long as the big guy gets stuck in when he gets back & he will.

Wooden spoon pays on most losses mate not least points.

bulldoggy said:
BOZO said:
bulldoggy said:
You were not smiling when we beat you in round 8 you clown . We also beat you without T-Rex . :D:D:D
sorry where are you on the ladder?

now where are we?

thanks

Same points as us you Derek!

bulldoggy said:
Disco said:

Bring him home i say!

Anthony Cherrington
Matthew Ryan
Neccrom Areaiiti
Matt Groat
Dale Finucane

I wish you would go somewhere!

DSM5 said:
He's injury prone and a penalty puller. I'll boo him next year.

I won't be waiting that long. It will be Dogkinson all over again for me. Any players leave to go to any other club I can handle. Not the dogs.

$2.4 million for 4 years with his injury and judiciary record good luck he's not worth that much. I'm pissed he's going but I'm glad we didn't pay that much for him there are other fish in the sea. He'll learn just like all the others there is no better club to be at than Manly. Funny how not one Penrith person on here gloating about signing Whare but we get another procession of useless braindead morons from scumville as soon as they sign someone.

bulldoggy said:
Disco said:

Bring him home i say!

Anthony Cherrington
Matthew Ryan
Neccrom Areaiiti
Matt Groat
Dale Finucane

Why, what is he on - $500,000 as well?!

Mick, Panthers fans actually have more class....they might come from a lower socio economic area in Sydney BUT they have loads more than these $cumdog$

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6