NRL: Restarting May 28th. Grand Final Oct 25th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I suspected, the NRL cave in and let these boofheads off with a fine, half suspended.

This is a classic example of the cartel clubs like the Drizzle and the Vermin getting special favours! Addo-Carr and Mitchell are a law onto themselves, I understand that this is the 3rd time that Addo-Carr has been in breach of the laws imposed on us.

They get slapped with a wet feather, what a joke!!! When I heard Mitchell playing the race card, I knew this was a stitch up, heaven help that we upset him and his mates. These guys needed to be rubbed out for a minimim month as a deterent for any player being dumb enough to thumb their noses at the rules in a critical time for the NRL to get this season re-started.

We really need change at the top, because I am sick of the double standards in the game, If those players played for so called lesser clubs they would have been suspended.

These two brilliant players on their day have no respect for what we are all going through and the handling of this by the NRL is a massive fail!! on all fronts!!!

Get LM and JAC speak to families who have had loved ones pass away alone from this insidious virus, people who would have not had the chance to say goodbye in person to loved ones.

and then get them to try and explain why they think what they did was right And why they deserve special treatment.

Last edited:
The NRL Premiership will recommence as a 20-round competition on May 28 with the grand final to be played on October 25.

Australian Rugby League Commission Chair Peter V’landys on Tuesday confirmed the details after extensive consultation with broadcast partners, clubs, and key stakeholders.
The first two rounds of the competition will be counted and the current competition ladder remains in place when games resume.

Its not 50k .60% of that is suspended like the 1 week suspension ,so its 30k and play on !!
I'm disappointed PVL That should have been a lay down 8 week susupension all day , so that all the other idiots playing for teams other than Manly know what the penalty will be if they break ranks .
Todd’s play would have been similar, then as soon as a player from a non favoured club offended in a similar fashion, he would have thrown the book at them under the guise that the message wasn’t getting through. Let’s hope Peter doesn’t give us more of the same.

Once again the NRL treat every Joe public like mugs. No backbone and bending over to appease the politically correct millennial brigade. They'll just thumb their nose at the pissweak penalties and continue to do what they like.

And now the cover up

Announce details of the season to distract from other news

You can see just how much the nrl has changed.

Not one bit.

And now the cover up

Announce details of the season to distract from other news

You can see just how much the nrl has changed.

Not one bit.

You notice how quietly they went about announcing the punishments. No big press conference with V'Landys front and centre as he has been lately. No news interviews. Just a small printed statement about the non-event sanctions

Compare that to their shout from the roftops announcement about the season just a few hours later.

You think they aren't trying to bury this??? That carpet Greenturd swept things under is back in use.

Last edited:
Give them a bit of a break guys. While I don't think the penalties are harsh enough, maybe the "cover up" is more to take everyone's mind off the infractions than to sweep the level of penalty under a rug.
Maybe the powers that be, NRL/goverment, agree the penalties are strong enough (even if we all don't agree) and are just trying to "get back to the footy". We have no idea what has been said/agreed to behind closed doors.

So who decides which teams play twice in a 20 round comp? Guessing Manly's play twice list will be something like rorters, bunnies, storm, maybe parra and broncos?
I really hope they at least attempt to be fair when deciding. Highly doubt it though.:rolleyes:

So who decides which teams play twice in a 20 round comp? Guessing Manly's play twice list will be something like rorters, bunnies, storm, maybe parra and broncos?
I really hope they at least attempt to be fair when deciding. Highly doubt it though.:rolleyes:

I doubt those teams will be happy playing us twice either nic.

If we are playing out of NSW I suspect they will mod the current draw rather than major change.

I did read that there is a preference from 9/fox for club's to play their drawcards. So expect us to play storm again, souffs vs dragoons, Donkeys vs cows, etc... as the double games.

If we are all playing out of NSW, and the out of state teams base themselves here, then travel factors less into the equation.

Obviously the biggest factors is the broadcasters as they will want as many games of choice in prime time and the 5 day turn around. Those 2 may result in a whole new draw.

Anyone that thinks Latrell, JAC and Cleary are the only ones that will be caught has rocks in their head. If any player is even only marginally doing the wrong thing, people will be quite happy to take a snap of them on their phone.

I just hope our players are too scared of Dessy to do so!
Players might be scared of Des but if they aren't posting on social sites of what they are getting up too, then well and good. As I've stated before, every team will undoubtably have certain individuals that have not followed social distancing. They are human after all.

The NRL Telstra Premiership will recommence as a 20-round competition on May 28 with the grand final to be played on October 25.

Australian Rugby League Commission Chair Peter V’landys confirmed the details late on Tuesday afternoon after extensive consultation with broadcast partners, clubs, and key stakeholders over the past month.

@Bring back the.... Biff? I've changed the thread title a little as dates are now confirmed. Lemme know if that's a problem. Thanks.

I will accept "confirmed dates" when the NSW, QLD, VIC and NZ governments agree on them after the latest show that many NRL players can not be trusted to follow simple guidelines applicable to ALL Australian and and Kiwi citizens.

I feel a spanner has been thrown in the works and the governments above are well within guidelines to abort the restart.

These retards have jeopardised the NRL restart and it would be fair enough the associated bodies err on the side of caution.

Did the NRL players who contravened the guidelines set for all AU and NZ citizens show blatant disregard for these guidelines? Yes. Will others do so as well?

Is it worth the risk? Probably not, considering the attitude of the seemingly arrogant RL stars.

It's not about playing footy for money anymore, it's about getting back to what RL is all about...playing for your club and your buddies and pride and self worth.

I lived and breathed RL for years and hate what this game has become.

Cancel this year and weed out the vermin who are desecrating the legacy of countless RL legends.

Start from the roots up and renew the game to what it always was.

Modern RL hurts my senses.

I will accept "confirmed dates" when the NSW, QLD, VIC and NZ governments agree on them after the latest show that many NRL players can not be trusted to follow simple guidelines applicable to ALL Australian and and Kiwi citizens.

I feel a spanner has been thrown in the works and the governments above are well within guidelines to abort the restart.

These retards have jeopardised the NRL restart and it would be fair enough the associated bodies err on the side of caution.

Did the NRL players who contravened the guidelines set for all AU and NZ citizens show blatant disregard for these guidelines? Yes. Will others do so as well?

Is it worth the risk? Probably not, considering the attitude of the seemingly arrogant RL stars.

It's not about playing footy for money anymore, it's about getting back to what RL is all about...playing for your club and your buddies and pride and self worth.

I lived and breathed RL for years and hate what this game has become.

Cancel this year and weed out the vermin who are desecrating the legacy of countless RL legends.

Start from the roots up and renew the game to what it always was.

Modern RL hurts my senses.
Take a deep breath! One minute you say the risk is extremely low and now you say the risk is too high!
The risk is the same as it always has been, namely high, but not necessarily prohibitively high. First and foremost, it was always dependent on how the country is coping with the virus from time to time.
Second, the risk factor was always about the impossibility that NRL players could comply with various lockdown protocols for any length of time.
As I see it, nothing has changed and the game is still some chance of going ahead.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8