Non quality players?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's about time we had a clean out.

This club is starting to recruit like we did in the 70's and 80's - but on steroids. Big difference nowadays is BOZO is absolutely no ARKO.
Facts Frank !!!
The difference is Bozo has a salary cap to work with and also limited funds unlike the great Arko who had no cap and plenty of cash
Both Arko and Bozo are Legends of the club
Quote from Arko " I have seen a lot of great players but Bob Fulton is the greatest player I have ever seen "
643621-bob-fulton.jpg

So on other threads you shoot down the club for persisting with "inept" players but on this one defend Bozo because he has a salary cap to work with and limited funds....?
Cant have your cake and eat it too.

Bozo played a part in selecting your inept players and perhaps Baz has no other choice but to play them to make up the 25 man squad.

As Baz said in interviews, Kelly is a kid playing amongst men. He is part of the 25 man squad and he is the centre that we have for the remainder of the year. I wish him all the best and hope he can turn it around and show the form he is capable of like earlier in the year (like a lot of the other players in the team).
You give new players the opportunity to show you what they have and we saw what we got from them . Bozo does not stick with inept players and that is why he has clean outs .
What is so hard to understand by this ?

Last edited:
Its obviously quite hard to understand as Bozo signed Kelly for 3 years.

Perhaps when the great man signed the kid he saw something in Kelly and he knew it would take time. Thats not too hard to understand....

Unfortunately these players play as part of a limited squad and in that limited squad they spend the year learning the ins and outs of Manlys attack and defensive structures.
You play with a limited squad and when injuries occur, sometimes you can't just have a mid season clean out.... Thats not to hard to understand....

Im sure Parkers injuries both early in the season and most recently have resulted in Kelly probably getting more game time than was anticipated. Not to hard to understand....

But the kids obviously struggling. But giving his best. I'll support him 100% as he's been given the Maroon and White jersey to play in. He just needs to find some form. Form that the entire team seem to be missing at the moment.
I dont support any players doing the maroon and white a disservice
Some players can step up from junior league and some cant and Kelly from what i have seen does not have what it takes to be a NRL quality player
We will agree to disagree feathered friend
download.jpg

No disrespect but in my opinion we have zero 2nd rowers, one decent centre, 1 prop and a very ordinary 5/8.

There is no way our roster sits anywhere near the likes of Storm, Roosters, Sharks, Cowboys and Broncos. We are two or three seasons away from those sides.

Why is it when we were having a run, all these very same players (and coaches) were getting praised?

We have competed with the very best teams.

I don't get how fickle people are. This season we've had extremes, but shouldn't that happen with a youthful roster, a roster 1.2M less in cap space than every other team?

DCE has gone from a world beater, earning every bit of his salary, to a dud in some people's eyes. Really?

Marty Taupau, Api Koroisou, Brenton Lawrence, Frank Winterstein, Curtis Sironen & Jake Trbojevic - surely we aren't complaining about that starting pack. Doesn't even include players like Lussick, Fonua-Blake, Perrett & others, and we have one prop and 0 2nd rowers? That's panic talk mate.

You know, it won't take much, maybe something insignificant - and things will chang quickly. We can click. We have periods in games when we literally tear opposition teams apart. All it comes down to is consistency.

Everyone is ripping Kelly. Very early on, Anthony Minichello got moved from Fullback at one point to Wing, because he was dropping everything and his defensive choices crapped out. All ot took was for him to re-find confidence, and he was back. Earlier on Kelly was sound in defense and great in attack. He'll get it back.

We miss Jorge Taufua - BIG TIME. I don't think Wright has done enough with his goal kicking to warrant removing the responsability off Walker. We need to make sure he's long term goal kicker.

Honestly, this roster is great. Just inexperienced and needs some time together to build chemistry, comradery and combinations. Those early years of Matai, Stewart, Gift, Choc & others had plenty of teething problems as well.

Why is it when we were having a run, all these very same players (and coaches) were getting praised?

I don't get how fickle people are. This season we've had extremes, but shouldn't that happen with a youthful roster, a roster 1.2M less in cap space than every other team?

DCE has gone from a world beater, earning every bit of his salary, to a dud in some people's eyes. Really?

Marty Taupau, Api Koroisou, Brenton Lawrence, Frank Winterstein, Curtis Sironen & Jake Trbojevic - surely we aren't complaining about that starting pack. Doesn't even include players like Lussick, Fonua-Blake, Perrett & others, and we have one prop and 0 2nd rowers? That's panic talk mate.

You know, it won't take much, maybe something insignificant - and things will chang quickly. We can click. We have periods in games when we literally tear opposition teams apart. All it comes down to is consistency.

Everyone is ripping Kelly. Very early on, Anthony Minichello got moved from Fullback at one point to Wing, because he was dropping everything and his defensive choices crapped out. All ot took was for him to re-find confidence, and he was back. Earlier on Kelly was sound in defense and great in attack. He'll get it back.

We miss Jorge Taufua - BIG TIME. I don't think Wright has done enough with his goal kicking to warrant removing the responsability off Walker. We need to make sure he's long term goal kicker.

Honestly, this roster is great. Just inexperienced and needs some time together to build chemistry, comradery and combinations. Those early years of Matai, Stewart, Gift, Choc & others had plenty of teething problems as well.
We all have our views Ryan
To some on here players like Kelly and Brown are flying Sea eagles and to others they are sitting Ducks
We will agree to disagree feathered friend .
Quak Quak here come the runners , stick your arms out and start grabbing what you can :)
QxauLDoL_400x400.jpg

As always , the voice of reason!

Good post Ryan.

Facts Frank !!!
The difference is Bozo has a salary cap to work with and also limited funds unlike the great Arko who had no cap and plenty of cash
Both Arko and Bozo are Legends of the club
Quote from Arko " I have seen a lot of great players but Bob Fulton is the greatest player I have ever seen "
View attachment 6340
I have never questioned Bozo's playing credentials. His record as an administrator, however, is highly questionable. Look at the clean outs we've had here in the last couple of years and now your suggesting we have another one. I'm not particularly impressed with the clean outs he's performed for NSW either.

Even with a salary cap Arko would have found a way. It's what he did.

Its obviously quite hard to understand as Bozo signed Kelly for 3 years.

Perhaps when the great man signed the kid........

..........But the kids obviously struggling.

One thing I can't but help noticing is how seemingly everyone refers to Kelly as 'kid'. Maybe this isn't helping him much either.
To illustrate, last weekend in the Saturday paper a small article quoting Dylan Walker saying how he's happy for the 'kid' to be back in first grade and they all had confidence in the 'kid' and how he was a good 'kid'.....
Age of 'kid' - 21
Age of Dylan Walker - 22
WTF I said to the wife........

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of Green. He is a sideways sliding turnstile that misses more grabs then he makes and when his kicking game if off he does not offer much else. I don't understand why Hastings hasn't been used. Why did they bother signing him? I really question the management of our playing squad.

I dont support any players doing the maroon and white a disservice
Some players can step up from junior league and some cant and Kelly from what i have seen does not have what it takes to be a NRL quality player
We will agree to disagree feathered friend
View attachment 6344
Dude Barry Bonds was on the juice for most of his career...

As an aside you have to have a look why Kelly was signed

The club had either planned to have Steve M back or paid out...neither happened so they took a punt on a kid

I have never questioned Bozo's playing credentials. His record as an administrator, however, is highly questionable. Look at the clean outs we've had here in the last couple of years and now your suggesting we have another one. I'm not particularly impressed with the clean outs he's performed for NSW either.

What happened to the NSW favourites SOO team where every one tipped them to win the series ? Are we going to blame Bozo for that as well ? The fact is Frank Great players win the big games and Queensland have proven that again with their ageless match winning players who control and win games .
As for the clean outs I applaud the Immortal for giving players the opportunity to show us what they have and for his ruthlessness to show them the door when they dont have what it takes .
Bozo is no soft cock and that is why he has and will always be a winner .
Just a reminder Frank Bozos rebuilding is not finished as yet and until his job is done chill out and have some fun feathered friend :)

9124b405641c1ca2ca5b2cd3ba3155b8.jpg

Last edited:
Another off season in Tommy, Brad "the big Ranga" Parker and Billy "please don't get injured again" Bainbridge will see the team strengthen.
Jorge will add more than Matt Wright and surely Jacko Hastings will get the nod over Lewis Brown if he works hard in the off season. Which probably only leaves us a prop short.

Other than that, people need to accept that Blake Green will be the 5/8, so no point whinging about that. Once he is off contract, there should be at least 1 of that huge pack of young halves ready to take his spot. Personally hoping it's Tom Wright but I'll be happy for any one of them to step up and claim the jersey.

What happened to the NSW favourites SOO team where every one tipped them to win the series ? Are we going to blame Bozo for that as well ? The fact is Frank Great players win the big games and Queensland have proven that again with their ageless match winning players who control and win games .
As for the clean outs I applaud the Immortal for giving players the opportunity to show us what they have and for his ruthlessness to show them the door when they dont have what it takes .
Just a reminder Frank Bozos rebuilding is not finished as yet and until his job is done chill out and have some fun feathered friend :)

View attachment 6362
I'm always chilled.
giphy.gif

Just a reminder that Bozo has said nothing about a clean out. You did. And a rebuild isn't a rebuild if it starts with a clean out every season as you are suggesting.

Last edited:

View attachment 6362

My whole point in creating this thread was to try an figure out, based on forum "musings";

1. How many "quality" additions do we need?
2. Where will the players come from to fill these spots?

Will a "Klemmer" and a James Roberts additions, fix;
1. our speed off the line?
2. our defensive reads and techniques?
3. Our attack?

With Kelly, the current whipping boy (and I think it somewhat unfair), who's responsibility is it to coach his game? Is he too inexperienced for the top grade? Or is he on a hiding to nothing for a relatively poor year (and he has had some quality moments as well) and been the victim of his own hype?

I believe that some of our players can be coached to be consistently good, including the sublime talents (Tom T) and the potential of a Brian Kelly.

I'm always chilled. Just a reminder that Bozo has said nothing about a clean out. You did. And a rebuild isn't rebuild if it starts with a clean out every season as you are suggesting.
Good to see that you are chilled out as life is short and we should all be happy :)
We have some dead wood in our squad and I would not be surprised if we dont have a clean out . From memory Bozo does not say he just does .
At the end of the day Frank we are all here because we love our Sea eagles and we are happier when we win
sea-eagle1-620_790175i.jpg

My whole point in creating this thread was to try an figure out, based on forum "musings";

1. How many "quality" additions do we need?
2. Where will the players come from to fill these spots?

Will a "Klemmer" and a James Roberts additions, fix;
1. our speed off the line?
2. our defensive reads and techniques?
3. Our attack?

With Kelly, the current whipping boy (and I think it somewhat unfair), who's responsibility is it to coach his game? Is he too inexperienced for the top grade? Or is he on a hiding to nothing for a relatively poor year (and he has had some quality moments as well) and been the victim of his own hype?

I believe that some of our players can be coached to be consistently good, including the sublime talents (Tom T) and the potential of a Brian Kelly.
You have made some good points feathered friend .
IMO we need at least 2 quality backs
1 quality s/rower
1 quality prop
1 quality utility that can come on and not just fill in but make a statement and an impact .
Brown is past it and Kelly is too slow and too fragile to be a dynamic back . The arm grabbing (pathetic) Brown and Kelly are not high flying sea eagles that soar above the opposition with speed and power they are targets and sitting ducks
QxauLDoL_400x400.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8