Non quality players?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
I've seen many comments surrounding our playing roster being very short on "quality" players which is somewhat puzzling. Let's have a look at our team from my perspective.

So who do we have? (and in no particular order or form status considered)

Top shelf Players

Martin Tapau
Jake T
DCE
Dylan Walker
Akila Uate

Solid

J Tafua
Brenton Lawrence
Api
Blake Green
Darcy Lussick

Promising/Up and coming

Tom T
Curtis Sironen
Brad Parker
Jackson Hastings
AFB
S Perret
Shaun Lane
Cameron Cullen
Tom Wright
Toafofoa Sipley
Brian Kelly
Joey Lussick

Now some of the "promising" players may move to solid or top shelf in 2018 and some may fade to reserve grade or more so "back up". I expect Tom to move to top shelf in 2018 but I don't believe he is quite there yet and he certainly is not a solid and consistent player as yet.

So let us say (for the sake of this exercise) we secure Klemmer and James Roberts. Does this make our team a "quality team"? Will it provide consistency? I say a very big maybe!

I think our team has the right blend of potential talent, top shelf players and the solid and reliable. I would love to see another big name signing but I would prefer to see the young talent of the likes of Sironen, Lane, AFB and Tom Wright etc kick on to be a Manly great!

I guess we all see different things @anthonyb1965
I see a clean out on the way .
I don't see us improving without an injection of more solid , top shelf ,promising and up and coming players . Quality players are consistent performers . We cant rely on players that need a rest or have one good game here and there
as these type of players will not get us anywhere
images.jpg

Mmmm i'm sorry but theses elements of your list suggest otherwise...............

Top shelf Players
Walker

Solid
Brenton Lawrence
Blake Green
Darcy Lussick

Promising/Up and coming

Jackson Hastings
Shaun Lane
Brian Kelly
Kelly is more down and spiraling
Blake Green general play is inconsistent and his defence is far from solid
Lawrence has been a great warrior for us but his best days are behind him . Too many errors in him to be a solid player for mine
Just my view feathered friend .

What worries me is these " top shelf" players people are talking about as coming, probably in fact aren't.

And what we have is what we will have, potentially meaning another mediocre year in 2018.

It just seems to me that lots of sides are locking away players , picking up some good ones and all we are doing is releasing.

I live in hope that we will have some good news at the end of the season.

Last edited:
I really enjoy logical debate or constructive criticism but if you must troll me, go right ahead.

How is it trolling.........................seems the go to label for any post people don't like!!

Anyone watching the games this year (and I have seen every one) would not categorise Walker as top shelf!!

Similarly, Lawrence, Green & Lussick have been decidedly poor in more games than not this season

And this is where you gave it away.........
Promising/Up and coming - Jackson Hastings, Shaun Lane & Brian Kelly

Kelly has been pitiful, Lane & Hastings have shown nothing (that's being generous)

After a loss like we had yesterday every player seems useless.

We need a centre and a 5/8 in the backs and in the forwards a top self Font rower and Back rower to be serious contenders.

Is it time for Paseka to get a run on the bench ?

ALSO does anyone know if this Sipley we bought from the Warriors is any good ?

The problem with bringing in the "consistent top players" is who is off contract (or wanting out), how many do we actually need and can we fit them in the cap?

Or is it better to try and progress our current team and add maybe one top shelf player?

After a loss like we had yesterday every player seems useless.

We need a centre and a 5/8 in the backs and in the forwards a top self Font rower and Back rower to be serious contenders.

Is it time for Paseka to get a run on the bench ?

ALSO does anyone know if this Sipley we bought from the Warriors is any good ?

How many times have we brought in young prospects from other clubs that kicked on?? Sipley will most likely end up another ligi sao, a hot prospect that never amounted to anything..
Wouldnt hang my season on them kicking on

How many times have we brought in young prospects from other clubs that kicked on?? Sipley will most likely end up another ligi sao, a hot prospect that never amounted to anything..
Wouldnt hang my season on them kicking on

Yep let's be honest our recruiting truly truly sucks!

We basically hunt around the dumpsters behind other clubs looking for scraps!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8