News: Api Koroisau contract situation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has walker been told he can test the market?

The opposite according to today's article in The Telegraph:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/337d24e0364624a7c94055edeac24998

While Reynolds’ future remains clouded, former Blues utility Walker appears set to be retained by Manly.

Walker is off contract after this season with the Sea Eagles looking to announce his retention someone this week.

He missed the start of this season through an NRL imposed suspension but has returned in stellar form in a Manly side sitting fifth on the NRL competition table.

Koroisau still has two years remaining on his current contract but may be moving on.

The Sea Eagles are looking to upgrade fellow hooker Manase Fainu, meaning Koroisau may be the odd player out.

Koroisau hasn’t been told he is unwanted but knows he can leave should he find another club.

Manly is poised to splash out around $2m a year to re-sign the Tom and Jake Trbojevic in coming weeks.

Talks between the pair’s manager, Paul Sutton, and Manly coach Des Hasler are continuing. No deal has been completed but negotiations are moving along nicely.

Koroisau appears ready to become a victim of the salary cap.

Love both Api and Fainu ... surely we can come up with a nickname for him .... but if you can only keep one ... it has to Fainu ....

I do however get nervous with Dessie and #9's .... he let Ennis go ... went on to win Premiership .... let Cook go ... went on to SOO and Aust .... and kept a muppet ...... his batting average on hookers has not been good the past few years .....

Man-arse

lesser clubs though ... imho he would be an upgrade for cowgirls, tits, kniggits, warriors, dogs, st.merge, riff
Who is the Riff hooker at his old Club
?
Api has a great reputation and would have a choice of Clubs.

Unless he is now settled in the Northern Beaches like Walker has :nod:

lesser clubs though ... imho he would be an upgrade for cowgirls, tits, kniggits, warriors, dogs, st.merge, riff
Although it’d be great to go and see him play locally, Not the Tits plz! Career suicide. I reckon the Warriors would be a good fit for him.

I am not surprised by the club giving Api the option to seek a bigger contract.

With DCE, the turbos and Marty taking up a large portion of cap, I cant blame the club for looking for ways to save in other areas. Des is also he master in getting the potential out of players. Bellyache is probably the only one better.

We have a ready replacement in Fainu who is cheaper than Api (and will now want a full time spot), and the 6 will be covered by Cust, Walker or Schuster.

I am also going to assume Walker is taking a cut to stay given his time here has been littered with his off field BS.

Api is the Mick Monaghan of this generation. He tries hard and has a lot of talent, and he’s well liked by the fans, but just isn’t the bloke to take us to our next premiership.
That is a fairly apt comparison. Fainu is like the Ballin - a more skilled, more effective hooker, whose presence on the field seems to lift the composure and cohesion of the entire side.

That is a fairly apt comparison. Fainu is like the Ballin - a more skilled, more effective hooker, whose presence on the field seems to lift the composure and cohesion of the entire side.

Furtheremore, I feel Fainu's presence influences an ATTACKING mindset amongst the team as opposed to the more SAFE and DEFENSIVE mindset Api does.
I love what Api provides early on he is and has been a HUGE part of our success this season especially. Depending on the scoreboard toward the back end of games dictates whether a rested Api or Fainu is required.

I feel that 2 interchanges need to be set aside for just these 2 to be fully beneficial.

Fainu appears be the long term solo 9 prospect but the importance of retaining both cannot be overlooked.

like was said in another forum, need to let him go to let fainu have the 9 and for cap relief. why have koroisau on huge coin, and taking fainu's starting spot, when you could get a 14 who can do a job off the bench in supporting fainu for around 150k? we need to let a few players go to sign the trbojevics and i think koroisau, thommo are the ones that we could probably afford to lose assuming waddell steps up and another hooker comes into the mix (dockar clay?, any others? or croker to keep the 14?)

Furtheremore, I feel Fainu's presence influences an ATTACKING mindset amongst the team as opposed to the more SAFE and DEFENSIVE mindset Api does.
I love what Api provides early on he is and has been a HUGE part of our success this season especially. Depending on the scoreboard toward the back end of games dictates whether a rested Api or Fainu is required.

I feel that 2 interchanges need to be set aside for just these 2 to be fully beneficial.

Fainu appears be the long term solo 9 prospect but the importance of retaining both cannot be overlooked.

Yeah I would love to keep these 2 long term and on rotation. They work very well on rotation.

But unless we hire Nick Politis as our general manager, I don't think we can afford them.

Also both will want to play big minutes so as soon as someone offers a full time spot, they are likely to move on. (Can't blame them, how do you demand big coin, play origin, etc. If your on the field for 20 mins)

Out of the 2, fainu is the better option. He has huge growth potential and will ease cap pressure earlier on in his career.

It will be the same for the 5/8 eith Cust, Schuster, etc.

Last few weeks Chez goes to dummy half a lot, giving Nase a rest plus spreading the ball in ways that are unexpected by the opposition who wait for Chez to be the receiver :nod:

Manly structures are different now that both Turbo and Chez are back.
Really exciting to watch their creativity on top of the brute force of our pack :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7