News: Api Koroisau contract situation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was good last year. But not good enough. He has his cheer squad on this site who won't hear a bad word said about him but there are some glaring flaws evident in his game.

He can't pass. Our halves made up for that last season but he hopefully has gotten better. If fainu is lost to the club because of loyalty to API I will be very upset. Kid could be nsw hooker in two years. Unbelievable prospect. Manlys best junior since Foran.

Unload api lovers. I'm off to bed.

Kid wont be NSW hooker in two years, Cronullas Brailey Brothers, St Georges Reece Robson and Newcastle's Tom Starling are all ahead and also the fact that he has already pledged his allegiance to New Zealand.

Big call on Manlys best junior since Foran. Yes he is very talented and I like others were really impressed with his performances last year, however "One swallow doesn't make a summer." Fainu had a breakout season in U20's last year after he was moved to hooker 5-6 games in, before that he was very ordinary in U20's and SG Ball and didn't cut it as a half or 5/8.

Kid wont be NSW hooker in two years, Cronullas Brailey Brothers, St Georges Reece Robson and Newcastle's Tom Starling are all ahead and also the fact that he has already pledged his allegiance to New Zealand.

Big call on Manlys best junior since Foran. Yes he is very talented and I like others were really impressed with his performances last year, however "One swallow doesn't make a summer." Fainu had a breakout season in U20's last year after he was moved to hooker 5-6 games in, before that he was very ordinary in U20's and SG Ball and didn't cut it as a half or 5/8.
Hi Mate, can I get a 50?

I'll admit I have changed my tune on Api and he is the one responsible.

When we let Matty Parcell go to Leeds I honestly thought we have got rid of the wrong bloke. Compared to Parcell, Api missed more tackles and couldn't pass from dummy half worth a damn. But his game improved out of sight through 2017 and after the season and World Cup he is now arguably the best #9 in the NRL behind only Smith (which I hate to admit because I hate Scam).

One of the factors that was ignored when assessing his form and passing in '16 was the high turnover of players running off him .... it way seem a small thing, but the timing of the run, and the timing of the pass have a very small window of excellence.

The runner and the dummy half have to get to know each other, that wasn't possible in '16 but last year we had the same runners almost every week and the timing of their runs and Api's passing improved the more they played together.

He was good last year. But not good enough. He has his cheer squad on this site wh
o won't hear a bad word said about him but there are some glaring flaws evident in his game.

He can't pass. Our halves made up for that last season but he hopefully has gotten better. If fainu is lost to the club because of loyalty to API I will be very upset. Kid could be nsw hooker in two years. Unbelievable prospect. Manlys best junior since Foran.
Unload api lovers. I'm off to bed.

Api is in the top 5 Hookers according the people that know!!
Foran was not a Manly Junior.....
He played his junior football for the Ellerslie Eagles in the Auckland Rugby League and several Norths Juniors district clubs; the Asquith Magpies and the North Sydney Brothers. In 2007, Foran represented the Australia Schoolboy rugby league team. Foran played in the North Sydney Bears Harold Matthews Cup and SG Ball teams before being signed by the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. Foran played in the Sea Eagles NYC team in 2008 and 2009.

The article mentions that the NRL response could be during the start of the season, which is delaying the announcement of his contract extension.

Will this mean that Joel Thompson won't be able to play a game until this is all done? Will he even be able to play in the trial games even though he's not properly registered by the NRL?

The article mentions that the NRL response could be during the start of the season, which is delaying the announcement of his contract extension.

Will this mean that Joel Thompson won't be able to play a game until this is all done? Will he even be able to play in the trial games even though he's not properly registered by the NRL?

Now you've done it ...... OK everybody follow my lead ...... PANIC!!

PSS you raise a very good point ... technically if we aren't cleared ... Thommo is not registered.

I think it will be sorted by then. It's not in the best interest of the Nrl to drag it onto the new season. They'll look like bigger fuqwits than they already are. Anyway Thompson is a starting player. Trials or no trials.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that they will give a provisional approval till it is sorted but won’t register any others

He’s obviously a much loved player in the team as well, who has the heart of Geoff Toovey. Massive call, but watching him chop down front rowers is amazing. He’s a warrior, who is a constant threat in attack.

i was a definite naysayer this time last year, but the way he played, and continued to grow throughout the year certainly made me eat my words, and very happy for the little fella to get an extension. Hopefully he contines the path he is on. With confidence (and no doubt a much clearer mind) he is only going to get better. Grab that pen.

its obvious he works hard and he worked hard last offseason on his passing and it improved out of site. Hopefully he continues to work on improving his passing this offseason as that is the only thing holding him back.

The only problem I have with Api is that he is our worst defender.
Yes he makes some great tackles and chops down a few big units but the fact that he missed 5 tackles a game on average throughout the 2017 season shows he is not ready for the big time yet.

Yes he makes some great tackles and chops down a few big units but the fact that he missed 5 tackles a game on average throughout the 2017 season shows he is not ready for the big time yet.
Even when he misses he slows them down. He plays a huge role in defending the middle of the ground.

I don't think we've seen the best of Api yet. Something tells me he's going to step up another gear this year. He's very creative and needs to just tighten his defence and throw some more selective passes.

When a player like Api averages 50 tackles a game missing 5 is like a piss in the ocean . Pound for pound they don't come tougher than Api and he competes very well with the big forwards that charge into him .
Not Api with your post at all feathered friend ;)

When a player like Api averages 50 tackles a game missing 5 is like a piss in the ocean . Pound for pound they don't come tougher than Api and he competes very well with the big forwards that charge into him .
Not Api with your post at all feathered friend ;)

I see what you there !

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9