News: Api Koroisau contract situation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a joke That game intense enough for you ! An absolutely cracking match Clearly outplayed Smith tonight which is rarely done

Hes had problems with calf each week for the last three before he even goes on. It has absolutely nothing to do with aerobic fitness so it sadly doesn’t fit your agenda .
Made the save in backplay in the 85th minute tonight after playing 80 with Storm set to score and not another Eagle player in sight . Was mom or close last two weeks and he’s a rookie learning fast.
He’s a star, is the best young hooker to hit the scene in years, with Cook and Smith is the form hooker in the comp

Fainu definitely outplayed Smith in a high intensity game last night. I was also shocked when sCam doubted himself and chose not to go for a penalty goal about 45 metres out when Jake did the dangerous tackle. At the very worst they would get a drop kick back to them off our 20 metre line should the kick have missed

Fainu is displaying form as good as what DCE had shown as a rookie in 2011 and DCE was essential for us to win the competition that year

Fainu definitely outplayed Smith in a high intensity game last night. I was also shocked when sCam doubted himself and chose not to go for a penalty goal about 45 metres out when Jake did the dangerous tackle. At the very worst they would get a drop kick back to them off our 20 metre line should the kick have missed

Fainu is displaying form as good as what DCE had shown as a rookie in 2011 and DCE was essential for us to win the competition that year
And this from a guy who is battling to even get on the park each week.

Tommy is having a ball off the back of this kid. What a 1,7, 9 we have right now. Only the sombreros could lay claim to be better.

What a joke That game intense enough for you ! An absolutely cracking match Clearly outplayed Smith tonight which is rarely done

Hes had problems with calf each week for the last three before he even goes on. It has absolutely nothing to do with aerobic fitness so it sadly doesn’t fit your agenda .
Made the save in backplay in the 85th minute tonight after playing 80 with Storm set to score and not another Eagle player in sight . Was mom or close last two weeks and he’s a rookie learning fast.
He’s a star, is the best young hooker to hit the scene in years, with Cook and Smith is the form hooker in the comp
Agree 100%... I was worried at start of game when Fox commentator said his calves had cramped twice pre-game but you couldn't have told during the game cause he was immense...

Still 'chronic calf cramping' suggests that having a suitable back-up is especially important atm because it could potentially drop him at any time...

Agree 100%... I was worried at start of game when Fox commentator said his calves had cramped twice pre-game but you couldn't have told during the game cause he was immense...

Still 'chronic calf cramping' suggests that having a suitable back-up is especially important atm because it could potentially drop him at any time...

He needs to eat more bananas

And this from a guy who is battling to even get on the park each week.

Tommy is having a ball off the back of this kid. What a 1,7, 9 we have right now. Only the sombreros could lay claim to be better.

The way walker has played these last 2 weeks at 6 , he has played a game quite similar to the cameron munster type. He isnt as busy as munster but in this spine he doesnt have to be. Early days but walker was running, straightening and scheming.

Fast strong and elusive and not a bad kick. Has a nice bomb

He has had problems with calf each week for the last three before he even goes on. It has absolutely nothing to do with aerobic fitness so it sadly doesn’t fit your agenda .

Made the save in backplay in the 85th minute tonight after playing 80 with Storm set to score and not another Eagle player in sight . There is no way he could possibly play 90 minutes at that intensity and skill level if he is not aerobically fit as you suggest every week ad nauseum.

He was MOM or close last two weeks and he’s a rookie learning fast.Tom T is going to another level as Fainu rises. They are unstoppable right now.
His effort has never been the issue Susan, he fatigues quickly and lacks energy and spark during intense moments of play-----you can still sustain and pace yourself to last a game-----totally different things.

I wasn't all that impressed by his energy yesterday but liked his effort to stick at it. I thought his ruck passing was lazy and predictable for the most part and partly contributed to the predictable go forward in the second half that made it easy for Melb to hone in and dominate in defence.

MOM the past two weeks, give me a break, not even close.

For someone so young "Energy" should be on display----i don't see enough energy or spark from Fainu especially in defence. (and don't give me tackle numbers)

Made some nice incisive plays around the ruck in the back end of the game----that doesn't mean "oh because he showed something at the end his fitness is ok"----it is high intensity workloads where he tanks faster than other hookers. You see him hide and amble, struggle to get to hooker, weak passing from dummy half that tends to be short and predictable.

Everyone keeps harping on about his attack, yeah it is much better than his defence that is for sure but to call the guy the next best thing based off one side of the game is setting the guy up for failure.

I expect people to disagree with me----within 5yrs let's see if Fainu is still playing hooker or is ever an effective 80min one over a prolonged period when it is required (obviously some hookers are interchanged depending on the club)

Last edited:
The way walker has played these last 2 weeks at 6 , he has played a game quite similar to the cameron munster type. He isnt as busy as munster but in this spine he doesnt have to be. Early days but walker was running, straightening and scheming.

Fast strong and elusive and not a bad kick. Has a nice bomb
Played a lot like a young Foran, picking the right channels, running hard and direct with enough passing variations to mix it up a bit, showed some class touches and plays.

Always knew he could make it at 5/8 if given the right platform and reduced pressure to perform in a stable side.

His effort has never been the issue Susan, he fatigues quickly and lacks energy and spark during intense moments of play-----you can still sustain and pace yourself to last a game-----totally different things.

I wasn't all that impressed by his energy yesterday but liked his effort to stick at it. I thought his ruck passing was lazy and predictable for the most part and partly contributed to the predictable go forward in the second half that made it easy for Melb to hone in and dominate in defence.

For someone so young "Energy" should be on display----i don't see enough energy or spark from Fainu especially in defence. (and don't give me tackle numbers)

Made some nice incisive plays around the ruck in the back end of the game----that doesn't mean "oh because he showed something at the end his fitness is ok"----it is high intensity workloads where he tanks faster than other hookers. You see him hide and amble, struggle to get to hooker, weak passing from dummy half that tends to be short and predictable.

Everyone keeps harping on about his attack, yeah it is much better than his defence that is for sure but to call the guy the next best thing based off one side of the game is setting the guy up for failure.

I expect people to disagree with me----within 5yrs let's see if Fainu is still playing hooker or is ever an effective 80min one over a prolonged period when it is required (obviously some hookers are interchanged depending on the club)

Blah blah blah. Same old Same old

Got no problem with you disagreeing
It’s your sanctimonious elitist responses that are ridiculous. As I said in another thread -

Where do you ply your technical trade that should impress us mere mortals? Surely your genius has been recognised elsewhere?

So tell us TC. What is your resume that demands our attention ?

Blah blah blah. Same old Same old

Got no problem with you disagreeing
It’s your sanctimonious elitist responses that are ridiculous. As I said in another thread -

Where do you ply your technical trade that should impress us mere mortals? Surely your genius has been recognised elsewhere?

So tell us TC. What is your resume that demands our attention ?
If i had a resume i wouldn't tell you or be here right?

I state my opinions because i want to not because i'm entitled to have them due to a "resume" makes no difference, in the same way others have a different opinion to me---do they need a resume because they are more in line with the mainstream.

Once again Sue watch the off the ball play in high intensity exchanges, i've noted the minutes in one game so done all the hard work for you.

The difference with me from others is when i have an opinion i will back it up with examples and not just say "oh xyz player is poor at this or that without any examples to back up the claims.

Did Tom stuff up those plays yesterday?

Have i made mention to those plays several times now? (or should i have been quiet and just appreciate all the great things he does and when these flaws in his game happen mention it "after the fact" "i always thought Tom had issues in these areas of the game"

I call it out when i see it even if 98% of what a player does is great----i wont overlook the weak 2% and ride the fan train hype.

I must admit Dylan is really impressing me at 5/8 - his passing is better, he's taking it to the line and looks a genuine player there. The only criticism from me would be it was DCE taking every long kick out of trouble yesterday but thankfully he was well positioned most times and not rushed too much which forces him into errors. He's looking good Dylan and it's reassuring that creates a spot for Mr Reliable Parker.

Agree.

The biggest issue I see is the defence. Do we need a hooker like Fainu long term that only does 20 tackles or an API like player that does 40+ tackles per game.

Is it fair on Jake for his long term longevity that he has to consistently do 45 - 50 tackles per game?

This imo is still a question mark om our forward pack in the large games over a few weeks straight

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10