New low in Chez bashing...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
A_webster on Twitter

Anyone who has twitter give the F*cling C*NT a mouthful!
I don't have it but please rip this piece of fecal matter for me... why are they trying to bring him and us down I couldn't believe this article it's absurdity at its finest.. but ya plz tear him 1 for me the scumbag

Isn't it funny. He publically bags the media for hounding him and his family at home a while back. Ever since, some media just seem to not have a nice thing to say about our Turtle.

I hope they keep it up. It just makes him play better any way ;-)

i have zero doubt that as he was coming through and it was probably said to him to brush up a bit on his media, he watched a lot of cronk and learned. Cronk is exactly the same, where's the article bashing him? Oh he didn't change his mind on something, can't bash him.
Time to get over the backflipping thing. he's not the first, won't be the last.
It was only blown out of proportion because media was there every step of the way stalking him making it worse.

If media training, being polite and actually thinking before he speaks sets him up for post footy career, then good him. I'd rather hear insights from the likes of him and cronk than Blocker and co.
I like blocker he's old school and funny at times

Seems ok to me....

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/04/17/tommy_talks_feat_daly_cherry_evans.html

I like the way dce conducts himself. Rather than answer cliche media questions with cliche footy answers he actually thinks about what he wants to say.

Maybe he also thinks 'I wonder how the media can spin things if I say such and such....' and that means he is careful and measured in his responses and let's face it...many in the political arena could do worse than follow his lead.

However, as I said in the game day thread: Manly are playing well, look out for the anti Manly articles next week.

Speaking of week (weak) - this article is poorly done, bereft of facts, and we're all dumber for reading it.

Dumb enough that Webster would probably like to interview us now.

I wonder what the consensus on DCE here would be, had he completed his move to the Gold Coast.
Chez had his offer pulled by Manly and was told to 'look around' as Fiz was the half being kept :cool:

Read the Daly Cherrygraph if you missed the recruitment fiascos of 2015 :nod:

The term 'backflip' is only ever applied to Chez. All others exercised their right to the 30 day cooling off period :swear:

#ManlyKeptTheRightHalf :rock:

Last edited:
I'll be going against the grain here, but he's got a point. I find DCE very "measured" in all his interviews and you rarely get any hint of passion from him. I could never figure out if that was because he was trying to hide behind a very well manicured media persona, but interesting to read that is what he is actually like (allegedly according to this article). I'm all for being an individual and don't mind "strange cats", but I find that image he portrays as one that is hard to warm to.

Doesn't really matter at the end of the day, as all that really matters is him delivering on the field and not being a total dick off it.
I see DCE show his passion on the field with his teammates. That is the real guy that the team knows and respects.
What we see off the field is the careful guy who knows the media will just as soon tear down, as build up.
This piece only serves to reinforce DCEs perception of the media and justify his careful relationship with it.

What a disgusting article from that slimy grub Webster. So a well spoken human being is now a bad thing. Well that will just about do me. Perhaps if DCE felt up a woman or broke the rules constantly they would label him as a great redemption story....

Is big Webby going to go through the personality traits of every player in the NRL?
Or only the ones who haven't attended Freddy Fittler's Finishing School for young men.
No, only the ones who knocked back Webster's offer of a snappy hose job under the table in a cold Northern Beaches cafe.

Seriously though, he has done Manly a favour. Which probably wasn't his intention - he had previously pronounced his dislike of Manly-Warringah.

DCE will use it as motivation. Barrett will have taken note and fuel the motivational furnace. Queensland selectors will be reminded why they apparently shouldn't select DCE and the Sea Eagles will reap the benefits.

Deplorable stuff. Thanks Andrew!

The article is no big deal, but it has a sinister undertone that suggests footy players can't be intelligent.

Daly is different to most players, and that is why he is my favourite player.

I like hearing dce speak. The bs about betraying working class roots is a 19th century put-down, and Webster really demeans himself by saying that.

Daly uses a good vocabulary and thinks about what he says. That's a good thing.

Keep standing out from the crowd Daly.

Aren't we glad we've got DCE playing for us and the worst we have to deal with is ridiculous articles like this rather than the insipid performances we'd be getting from 5/8 if we'd kept Foran and signed some nuffy to play 7?

I am sure that D C E is mature and professional enough to not be affected by any inappropriate sports articles . He can hardly be criticized for conducting himself in a personable and professional manner both on and of the field and with his polished media presentation. The most important thing for Manly is that he and the team are in a good place at the moment and of course playing some really good footy . If he is selected in S O O 3 , he will just take it in his stride and the club side will just adjust accordingly .

The article is no big deal, but it has a sinister undertone that suggests footy players can't be intelligent.

Daly is different to most players, and that is why he is my favourite player.

I like hearing dce speak. The bs about betraying working class roots is a 19th century put-down, and Webster really demeans himself by saying that.

Daly uses a good vocabulary and thinks about what he says. That's a good thing.

Keep standing out from the crowd Daly.
Agree totally,DCE can pronounce words with more than two syllables and isn't covered head to toe in tattoos.Webster is a tosser.

Chez had his offer pulled by Manly and was told to 'look around' as Fiz was the half being kept :cool:

Read the Daly Cherrygraph if you missed the recruitment fiascos of 2015 :nod:

The term 'backflip' is only ever applied to Chez. All others exercised their right to the 30 day cooling off period :swear:

#ManlyKeptTheRightHalf :rock:

Awww thanks mate, I'd missed the entire process, thanks for pointing me to the Daily Cherrygraph so I can keep abreast of things.

So what you are saying is that Cherry isn't a money grubbing whore?

I wonder what the consensus on DCE here would be, had he completed his move to the Gold Coast.
We'd probably feel the same as we do about any decent Manly player who ends up lining up against us (not that there are that many of them).
Plus we'd probably still be furious with the club for withdrawing his offer.

So what you are saying is that Cherry isn't a money grubbing whore?
Of course he isn't.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10