Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon there were early discussions about centre with Siebold on the quiet. No way they would guarantee this without the new coach coming in. Anyway, if he doesn't do well, he will get moved, either to wing or released to a new club. We have to give it a go.
Yeah don't have issue with trying it given he a junior centre. I do worry about physical side of it on defence

I like this. Brown is not life-changing but Morgan is excess baggage I feel. We need an experienced fringe forward more than a fringe outside back.
Bring it on.

Brown is a hard bastard , I like that !!

And we have centre stocks coming through.

Yes please !!

Bring it on.

Brown is a hard bastard , I like that !!

And we have centre stocks coming through.

Yes please !!
We need a few bastards in our pack to change our nice guy friendly pack image

Official NRL profile of Jake Trbojevic for Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles ...

Last edited:
Yep
Harper is now surplus and brown will add experience to our young forward pack.

Yep .. every team needs that one player that the coach can point to and say .. "eat all your veggies, do what your mum tells you, and listen to me .. or you will end up like Brownie here "

But he does what we need the others to do .. hit the advantage line at speed, run hard, and tackle like they stole your lollies..

Eels and Sea Eagles consider Brown-Harper player swap​

Nathan Brown would swap Parramatta for Manly in exchange for Morgan Harper in a potential deal being considered by the clubs.

The Eels have given Brown, a former NSW forward in the last year of his contract, permission to explore his options. Harper is in the same situation at the Sea Eagles, prompting their managers and clubs to explore trade options.

A potential sticking point is the discrepancy in wages. Brown’s salary is about double that of Harper’s. Manly are also well stocked with back-rowers, given Haumole Olakau’atu, Karl Lawton, Ben Trbojevic, Samuela Fainu, Ethan Bullemor and Kelma Tuilagi all provide depth in the position.

However, there remains interest in making a deal if the price is right.

Brown was dropped from first grade last year but fought back to earn a spot in coach Brad Arthur’s team for the grand final. The Italy international continues to train with the blue and golds despite suffering a hamstring strain during the summer.

Harper was a staple in the Manly three-quarter line during Des Hasler’s second stint on the Northern Beaches, but will have plenty of competition for selection for this season’s opening clash with Canterbury.
Surely not , what type of a message would this send to the and more in particular pathways , very promising young gun forwards coming through and on the cusp of some regular i st grade footy . Injury prone , best years behind him with some very indifferent form to say the least in recent seasons . Have plenty of praise for general recruiting measures by the Manly recruiting personal over time now but this would be very retrograde and a backwards move surely

Mentioned in another thread , just dumb apart from the salary discrepancy , Injury and form issues , , very inconsistent in recent seasons [ Brown ] . Terrible message to the mainly young and very capable forward line up , most with their best footy ahead of them or close to showing it now .

We need a few bastards in our pack to change our nice guy friendly pack image

Which one would you suggest?

Perhaps Blackbeard? The rest don't scare me all that much. I reckon I could palm off Eva Peron on any given day.

Which one would you suggest?

Perhaps Blackbeard? The rest don't scare me all that much. I reckon I could palm off Eva Peron on any given day.
The meaner and the more Intimidating the better feathered friend

If your pack is not feared your team is fcked !

Brown brings a lot of baggage. Never rated him to be honest even in his 'prime' and opinion hasn't changed. Acts tough but backs down like a chihuahua when a big dog barks at him.

But I can see an argument to be made if the price is right. I just worry that he might be a bit of a sh!t magnet - hanging out with winners like Jarrod Hayne and Corey Norman, and trying to punch on in public.

Brown brings a lot of baggage. Never rated him to be honest even in his 'prime' and opinion hasn't changed. Acts tough but backs down like a chihuahua when a big dog barks at him.

But I can see an argument to be made if the price is right. I just worry that he might be a bit of a sh!t magnet - hanging out with winners like Jarrod Hayne and Corey Norman, and trying to punch on in public.
Brown brings the Bastardry image and hopefully the Manly pack is feared hated once again

Brown brings the Bastardry image and hopefully the Manly pack is feared hated once again
Bastardry yes, but not because he is feared. More likely to say 'that pricks a bastard lets go bash him'.

He's a flat track bully. When was the last time you saw Brown get over the top of a proper enforcer forward? Say JWH or Fisher-Harris? He will do well when playing the bottom dwellers of this season (predicting Tigers, Titans, Dragons) but wouldn't make a dent against Storm, Roosters, Souths, Penrith or Cowboys.

When I think of a real bastard opposition player its JWH or Asofa-Solomona. Hate both of them but have to respect what they do for the team. Brown as some sort of enforcer is laughable.

It’s a hard decision, as Brown does add some mongrel, however so too does Fifita and Burbo was fabulous last week, albeit, no mongrel.

Apart from that one game against Cronulla when Harper was ‘rag dolled’, I’ve never really had an issue with him, however, I think he’s behind Koula, Garrick and Parker and, maybe even Myers, who I think, maybe not this year, but next year, will be a starting centre.

Parker did BA for the Maori side last week and I think he’s probably on the ‘outer’ at Manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6