Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do ppl actually realise there are not too many options for centres, especially with Parker gone and apart from Koula who I hope stays there from here on in.
I doubt anyone is calling Harper a world beater, but he has shown heart to come back from a terrible pit and I say credit to him and respect his efforts of late.
Also anyone wearing an NRL jersey for Manly gets my support and I wish him well today

Do ppl actually realise there are not too many options for centres, especially with Parker gone and apart from Koula who I hope stays there from here on in.
I doubt anyone is calling Harper a world beater, but he has shown heart to come back from a terrible pit and I say credit to him and respect his efforts of late.
Also anyone wearing an NRL jersey for Manly gets my support and I wish him well today
Nate Myles pushed that right to the edge.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen us give up 10 tries in a half ;)

I just think all the comments about him are ridiculous when he has played 30 odd NRL games, he has been woeful in 2-3 of those, but in 20+ of those has been fine, and certainly much better than “just a reserve grader”. He’s no Shane Neumann or Paul Stephenson

For the record I used to call Brad Parker the worst player I’d seen play for Manly and have ended up hugely wrong in that regard
Fair enough and some good points. He had a decent game today. But I still think he's only there due to injuries. In a fit firing squad he would not be there.

Fair enough and some good points. He had a decent game today. But I still think he's only there due to injuries. In a fit firing squad he would not be there.
Yeah 100% mate, clearly back in the queue with Koula taking over that side, but the type of guy we can be comfortable with when the inevitable injuries occur

Defence solid, his runs out of our own end incisive making good metres and a couple he pushed through enough to earn a penalty

Well, he didn't get much game time - 26 minutes for almost 60 metres & 16 tackles.
Threw the ball away once and missed the tackle that led to the offload for their only try in the same set. Looks too often to ball play instead of just taking the yards. His mistakes over the past weeks have been really telling as well. He is a liability.

Threw the ball away once and missed the tackle that led to the offload for their only try in the same set. Looks too often to ball play instead of just taking the yards. His mistakes over the past weeks have been really telling as well. He is a liability.

Fair enough mate. I just disagree. He'll be SORELY missed next year if we don't resign him.

Mate quick q

In my un educated op i think centre would have to be one of the hardest if not hardest spots to defend in the modern game - what do you think?

Nate Myles pushed that right to the edge.
Maybe Myles he did as a BIG Australian signing ....slightly different
Harper was a Dogs reserve grader who has exceeded expectations- imo a far different observation

Solid, completely across the park. 1-17, not one player was poor. Outstanding.
It was a good win but we were average in the first half. Much better second half. Schuster was poor and held the ball.. wayyy too many times. Bombed a late try. Super talented player but yes poor decision making today... didn't play short and early or play out the back... just stifled that left side attack.

Mate quick q

In my un educated op i think centre would have to be one of the hardest if not hardest spots to defend in the modern game - what do you think?
Most definitely as your decisions are based on what your inside defenders are doing
In the middle it's a case of shutting down the go forward and slowing down the momentum
So if on the back foot and the middle is compromised....you can say hey I'll stay wide on my centre - or rightly chase inside to the backrower (or that inside man), and your winger "should" mirror your decision making that centre their man....if done with pressur will 99% shut it down or create an error unless Andrew John's is out of retirement

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Maybe Myles he did as a BIG Australian signing ....slightly different
Harper was a Dogs reserve grader who has exceeded expectations- imo a far different observation
Yeah, wasn't having a dig at Harper at all, just remember the horror of having the over-sized dwarf in a Manly jumper.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8