Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really does beg the question what on earth the coaching and fitness staff were thinking picking a guy who'd loss 6 kilos in a week. Seems they did the same with Marty.
Why?
Yes, I think that really is the point. Our coaching and fitness staff are the real problem, not individual players. We have been seeing this for years, e.g. Tom 2022 playing unfit until serious injury hit.

Harper should have been reefed from the field after the first Talakai try, had zero energy and looked lost from the get go.
It was almost torture watching him from that point and he had little help from his inside mates on many occasions and Sharks were playing the ball at 100 mph so the shift was against a jagged retreating defence where your best defensive centres would have struggled to combat the onslaught.
Been playing his Best defensive games recently and hope he can keep it up on Sunday, showed great charater to fight back including his own demons - respect to Harp I say.

Last edited:
Good on him, he's owning it & working on improving himself out of the experience.

I agree it was rough to field him after losing 6kgs in a week, that would leave anyone feeling as weak as a kitten, never mind trying to play a game of first grade footy on a cold, windy, rainy night!

This poses an interesting point on the covid idea. Morgan was obviously underdone and still suffering the effects of covid as I'm sure many players have this year.

Long Covid is a thing. Its indiscriminate in whonit hits and there isn't a lot the person can do to make it better. Fatigue, energy levels and many other side effects. I have a close friend who had covid 6 months ago. She was mid 30s,fit, gym 4 days a week and a runner. Once she got over the original covid her system just didn't recover. Fatigue is a massive issue for her. Cant even go for a long walk now without getting tired.

We all question whats been wrong with Turbo all year as he just seemed down on fizz. Can you imagine if a thoroughbred player like a turbo or Latrell or Hass ended up with Long covid? That could be a career defining issue.

This poses an interesting point on the covid idea. Morgan was obviously underdone and still suffering the effects of covid as I'm sure many players have this year.

Long Covid is a thing. Its indiscriminate in whonit hits and there isn't a lot the person can do to make it better. Fatigue, energy levels and many other side effects. I have a close friend who had covid 6 months ago. She was mid 30s,fit, gym 4 days a week and a runner. Once she got over the original covid her system just didn't recover. Fatigue is a massive issue for her. Cant even go for a long walk now without getting tired.

We all question whats been wrong with Turbo all year as he just seemed down on fizz. Can you imagine if a thoroughbred player like a turbo or Latrell or Hass ended up with Long covid? That could be a career defining issue.
No doubt, it knocked me around. I'm not really a thoroughbred though.

Just a reminder that Ben Trbojevic played very well in his last game, according to many on this site. Someone suggested he lacked pace that day. He was of curse injured with a knee complaint and Des gave him credit for seeing out the game in that condition. Kept his opposite number very quiet.. Oh how quickly we forget.

This wasn't 'his first interview since the Sharks game' as he was on the Manly Player Media a couple of weeks ago. Albeit had a cap on, head was down and didn't say much but I guess he can't answer questions if the journos don't ask the right ones.

Now the truth comes out and it just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover. There was plenty of unfair criticism of him at the time, without knowing the full story. I admire Harper for his honesty and courage to fight his way back.

It doesn't say much for the fitness gurus at Manly to let him play at Shark Park that night having lost so much weight and just 7 days after having Covid. It beggars belief actually.

Nah, his fragile injury status is already a career-defining issue

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8