Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know nothing about Harper but his inclusion has been a god send. He's just a goer. Aggressive, puts it all out there and obviously has a brain.

His efforts on Fifita yesterday were excellent, but the play that I just went 'yes' on was the break he made where ha passed to Saab. Smart smart smart. Now he possibly could have made it. But he had the smarts to recognise .....definite 4 pointer here.

Plus is it just me or does he seem to lead a lot of the celebrations? That's not to be underestimated that team man.
He does seem to have that Jerome lui effect in his celebrations but without the arrogance. Even in the team songs he seems a real character. Good bloke to have around

He needs smaller shorts. The large shorts make his legs look very short.
Check out the vision of Turbo's break from the backfield for Saab's try. Turbo accelerates away from Harper who seems to be running as fast as he can but is losing metres each second! And Saab just cruises up to Turbo in second gear, pretty amazing to watch (I watched it several times) :)
However - while not having that sort of pace he does seem light on his feet and quite elusive, he's definitely got something going for him, young Lionel ;)

Wasn't it Des who got Harper over from the Dodgies ... ?
Yes he was released by the Dogs mid 2020, as he wasn't getting any 1st grade games, and Des picked him up.

Considering he's only played one NRL game (for them) prior to coming to Manly, its quite remarkable how well he's playing for us...so confident and like he's played much more than a handful of games.

Thanks Doggies, your loss is our gain :D

During commentary of the game someone said Harper looks like Lionel Ritchie. I thought I'd give him the nickname lol

I'm sure he got it...

He was just quoting those Richie lyrics

"Hello? Is it me you're looking for?"

But.... I've been wrong about what the great unwashed of ST thinks on a number of occasions.

Anyway... to stop me dancing on the ceiling all night long, as I have a long way to go, why? I still need a reason to believe, so I'll just go, good morning!

He moves really nicely and as someone else stated, it’s nice to see how excited he gets when we score...even if he is not involved in the play. I noticed when Turbo passed to Saab, you could see Harper in the background with his hands in the air. Good on him for having a bit of competitiveness and care for the result. Really refreshing stuff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8