Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Morgan Harper

winnyason

Bencher
Reaction score
Hi all what's everyone thoughts on Morgan seems a talent by looks of it may be in NSW cup for while could he snag a wing spot.
Interested to here thoughts ?

Kalvin

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
Too small for the modern day winger imo and defence needs work.. I agree first backup centre

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Hi all what's everyone thoughts on Morgan seems a talent by looks of it may be in NSW cup for while could he snag a wing spot.
Interested to here thoughts ?

Has talent .. I think people are writing off Harper, Funa, Parker way too easy ... there will be a lot more competition than Dessie just saying .."you tall - you got job" .. derp derp

double hoops

First Grader
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Harper is the first centre picked in my book. He earned that right in account of his performances last year and whilst that might change it should be up to Suli, Walker, Tippy Toes, Parker, Funa who ever misses out to prove something and change that.

I haven't seen much of him. But what I have at centre wow, hes not big, not lightning quick, he just looks a natural and clever footballer.

Someone on here suggested he had played a bit in the halves which wouldnt surprise at all.

It's his balance, and ability to turn nothing into a break, that makes me think he could play anywhere in the back line and may be hooker.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Reaction score
In reality all the names mentioned in the varying outside back positions/discussions will get there chance at sone point given injuries, rep etc. it’s up to them to make every post a winner. Personally I’d start with:
Tom
Saab or Tuipoloto (don’t
Suli
Walker
Garrick

pjayz

H2O Technician
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Is he first up or Groundskeeper Willy Aka Brad Parker ?
I think we have better options on the wing than Harper.

As for centre, Harper is probably behind Walker, Suli, Parker and Funa, plus it depends on whether Des will go with Garrick on one wing and views Tuipulotu as more of a centre option. Then there is Koula who could play wing, centre or fullback.

I like Harper; however, injuries or suspension will need to hit before he makes his mark. The other considerations are Musgrave and possibly young Weekes. Des has stacked the side with plenty of young centre/wing options which tells me two things:

1) Everyone is on notice. Garrick, Jorge, Walker, Suli and Parker are not the garaunteed backline that they were last year, and that Des wants plenty of options and competition. What we start with round one is highly unlikely to be our settled and established backline come finals time.

2) Des acknowledges that we lacked depth in the backs last year and that the speed of the game is more demanding of speedy players, something we have lacked for years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Harper is the first centre picked in my book. He earned that right in account of his performances last year and whilst that might change it should be up to Suli, Walker, Tippy Toes, Parker, Funa who ever misses out to prove something and change that.

I haven't seen much of him. But what I have at centre wow, hes not big, not lightning quick, he just looks a natural and clever footballer.

Someone on here suggested he had played a bit in the halves which wouldnt surprise at all.

It's his balance, and ability to turn nothing into a break, that makes me think he could play anywhere in the back line and may be hooker.
Agreed. I mentioned on here a while back that he could be utility value. Covers the backs and halves with the option also of Walker to 5/8 mid game. I also reckon he would be dynamic off the bench playing hooker, he can pass and has plenty of speed and football brains. He could be a segeyaro type off the bench.

Kalvin

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
Has talent .. I think people are writing off Harper, Funa, Parker way too easy ... there will be a lot more competition than Dessie just saying .."you tall - you got job" .. derp derp
Maybe "you too small for wing chirp churp" instead?

Supreme Leader

Bencher
Reaction score
Harper I thought impressed, so did Funa, they are both young and thrown into NRL with little games behind them due to Covit. I wonder about Brad, been hit a few times, few concussions, I just wonder if he put a few more kilo's in size and muscle could he be our new Williamson?

I really feel a resurgence for Manly with all this young talent and hopefully no ego?

manlyfan76

Touch football but with more injuries
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remenber when our centre hopes were on getting a mediocre goons second rower to play centre?
What a sh1t show that was.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Maybe "you too small for wing chirp churp" instead?

Tell that to Ado Carr or Nofoaluma .. 2 best wingers in the comp ...

Given 2 equal talents .. tall will prevail ... but just tall won't cut it on it's own ..

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Tell that to Ado Carr or Nofoaluma .. 2 best wingers in the comp ...

Given 2 equal talents .. tall will prevail ... but just tall won't cut it on it's own ..
Good call Woodsie .
Height with out Heart
Is as useless as tits on a bull

joeboy

Bencher
Reaction score
Did someone else just suggest Parker to second row. It really is the worst idea, he hasn’t even mastered centre, the position he has played his whole career.. brad should be viewed as the deepest depth and locked behind the emergency glass that has to be broken in a special way with a special hammer. The emergency being lots of injuries, we have many better options with upside rather than persevere with a player who is just solid at absolute best. And he certainly doesn’t warrant a move in position blocking pathways for other players.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Reaction score
Did someone else just suggest Parker to second row. It really is the worst idea, he hasn’t even mastered centre, the position he has played his whole career.. brad should be viewed as the deepest depth and locked behind the emergency glass that has to be broken in a special way with a special hammer. The emergency being lots of injuries, we have many better options with upside rather than persevere with a player who is just solid at absolute best. And he certainly doesn’t warrant a move in position blocking pathways for other players.

There seems to be a common theme on here for people who have a hard on for moving some of our wingers and centres into the 2nd row.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
19 17 2 465 36
19 16 3 305 34
19 16 3 231 34
19 13 6 189 28
19 13 6 146 28
19 12 7 169 26
19 8 11 -24 18
19 8 11 -58 18
19 8 11 -82 18
19 8 11 -82 18