Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I thought I was the one who based things on fake news, half truths and innuendo...

What are you basing your info on?....about Gorman being unable to take any further action without Penn approving it....?

You think he realises the situation?... What situation? And what makes you come to this conclusion?

Going through the motions?... You mean motions as in dealing with the Salary Cap appeal? Calling supporters? Continuing to secure sponsorship deals? Obtaining approvals for the Centre of Excellence?...

Calling supporters 1/1 isn't going through the motions in my opinion, that's a deliberate act of engagement to build the bonds between club and supporters back.

Just my opinion though.

Let's have a look at the historical data available ....

Last 4 CEO's resigned or sacked .... acrimoniously ....
Last 3 coaches resigned or sacked acrimoniously ..
Ex Partners Quantum acrimonious split
Ex Partner Delemege acrimonious split
Donnie Singe sacked
Anthony Seibold fled the scene in record time.
Willie Peters sacked ..
Wayne Lambkin resigned ....

Not to mention rusted on Manly people like Mrs King and many others either sacked or had enough ... I am certain @Ryan could add to the list .....

Of course Gorman will make no major decision without first getting approval .... It is a small to medium sized family business run out of rented offices in a suburb on the outskirts of Sydney ...... there is one boss, and it ain't Lyall ...

I am happy that Gorman rang you, I like the guy and thing he would do a very creditable job .....

But history has shown that there is only one boss ... and he apparently doesn't or can't play nice with the other humans .... Gorman will be just Dandy up until such time he goes against Penn ..... then we will have our answer ...

PSS .... the functions you mentioned eg ... Salary cap appeal, CoE, calling supporters and sponsorship deals are not the issues that will bring him into any possible dispute with Penn .... they appear to me more along the lines of go and do these , they will keep you out of trouble type jobs ..... we will see what transpires if he every goes on the media and says he is running the show or says to Penn we need to increase the football budget to include .. oh ... just say a recruitment Officer ...

PSSS ... You ask me to quantify opinion .....not possible .... I observe things the same as you and filter and analysis these events, like you, based my own life's experience, knowledge and any inherent bias and form opinion, like you..

lurker

Beaver lover

Donnie Singe sacked
Willie Peters sacked ..

Not to mention rusted on Manly people like Mrs King and many others either sacked or had enough ... I am certain @Ryan could add to the list .....

Of course Gorman will make no major decision without first getting approval .... It is a small to medium sized family business run out of rented offices in a suburb on the outskirts of Sydney ...... there is one boss, and it ain't Lyall ...

I am happy that Gorman rang you, I like the guy and thing he would do a very creditable job .....

But history has shown that there is only one boss ... and he apparently doesn't or can't play nice with the other humans .... Gorman will be just Dandy up until such time he goes against Penn ..... then we will have our answer ...

PSS .... the functions you mentioned eg ... Salary cap appeal, CoE, calling supporters and sponsorship deals are not the issues that will bring him into any possible dispute with Penn .... they appear to me more along the lines of go and do these , they will keep you out of trouble type jobs ..... we will see what transpires if he every goes on the media and says he is running the show or says to Penn we need to increase the football budget to include .. oh ... just say a recruitment Officer ...

PSSS ... You ask me to quantify opinion .....not possible .... I observe things the same as you and filter and analysis these events, like you, based my own life's experience, knowledge and any inherent bias and form opinion, like you..
Haha I think you mean credible and analyse

Good work punchie@:D

It’s like you took a broken English class today @Woodsie

Shoe1

Journey Man

Donnie Singe sacked
Willie Peters sacked ..

Funny enough we could list similar turmoil at most clubs.

Not an exhaustive list but how about this off the top of my head with no research:

Canterbury - board turmoil and scandals
Parra - everything, see lol@parra
Cronulla- keogh, dank
Knights- tinkler / bailout
Tigers - turmoil with wests / sheens / Taylor / Robbie / cleary
Warriors - new coach and staff every six months for 10 years
Penrith - as listed somewhere else in this thread
Broncos - coaching shenanigans / bbq gate / chronic underperformance
Titans - litany of ownership troubles / off field incidents including criminal incidents

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Funny enough we could list similar turmoil at most clubs.

Not an exhaustive list but how about this off the top of my head with no research:

Canterbury - board turmoil and scandals
Parra - everything, see lol@parra
Cronulla- keogh, dank
Knights- tinkler / bailout
Tigers - turmoil with wests / sheens / Taylor / Robbie / cleary
Warriors - new coach and staff every six months for 10 years
Penrith - as listed somewhere else in this thread
Broncos - coaching shenanigans / bbq gate / chronic underperformance
Titans - litany of ownership troubles / off field incidents including criminal incidents

I think we have all that beaten given our acrimonious fall outs have been over a time period of a decade and all concern one person specifically ....

I forgot to add another couple of acrimonious splits ... the football club and the eagles Angels ..... how in the name of sweet Jesu could you possibly upset a bunch of wonderful women working for and supporting the club ...????? .... Fair Dinkum!

I take your point clubs have always been hives of politics and personalities ... often occurs when vying factions seek influence .BUT our difference is we have a one owner model and that owner has alienated Everybody who has worked for, been a shareholder, been a support group, coached for or had any thing to do with the club ....

Can somebody please let me know of anyone who has left the club since Penn got there who has left with a hand shake, a gold watch and a thank you for a job well done ......

Gorman may well be the bloke to break the run of ducks .... but he is a long shot given the history ...

manly al

First Grader
Admittedly have very limited and bugger all knowledge of the inner sanctum workings of the Manly club in general but was there ever a valid reason given for the disbanding of he Eagles Angels? , surely and previously one of the most positive and good image and effectual community based groups that could have been associated with the club . Apart from their pleasing charity work . Think in Max Delmege case and despite his wonderful previous and important involvement with the club that unfortunately money restraints meant that he could really not continue with his past input and influence . Don't think that Joe Kelly was much of a loss . shame about Cleary , Donny Singe and Peters , certainly not good and maybe Seibold had a better offer . Anyway on most indications , Gorman is intent to instill some stability and rapport with the club "s stake holders and supporters . Trent with most of his fairly recent erratic conduct and on balance unwarranted victim portrayed mode has really reduced and burnt much of his previous entitled goodwill and regard for him and just seems mainly focused on self interest now and has the club"s interests as a very low priority. Rumors and speculation aside , just hope that things can again settle down a bit and the best available or best fit coaching regime and playing roster can be orderly finalized and completed reasonably soon

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think we have all that beaten given our acrimonious fall outs have been over a time period of a decade and all concern one person specifically ....

I forgot to add another couple of acrimonious splits ... the football club and the eagles Angels ..... how in the name of sweet Jesu could you possibly upset a bunch of wonderful women working for and supporting the club ...????? .... Fair Dinkum!

I take your point clubs have always been hives of politics and personalities ... often occurs when vying factions seek influence .BUT our difference is we have a one owner model and that owner has alienated Everybody who has worked for, been a shareholder, been a support group, coached for or had any thing to do with the club ....

Can somebody please let me know of anyone who has left the club since Penn got there who has left with a hand shake, a gold watch and a thank you for a job well done ......

Gorman may well be the bloke to break the run of ducks .... but he is a long shot given the history ...

Edit needed, can’t use the Jes.. word or some might be offended!!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Member Forum – 6:30 pm on Wednesday 3rd October 2018 (Encore Room – Manly Leagues Club)

I am delighted to invite you to an upcoming Member Forum to share with you an update on our Club’s plans for the future and equally importantly, to hear from you about those matters that mean most to you while also giving you the opportunity to share insights you may have to help make our Club bigger, better and stronger.

There will be plenty of time for you to ask questions and if we have the answers they will most certainly be shared with you.

If you are unable to attend, please let me know what key issues you would like discussed via the link below to ensure these are either addressed on the evening or in a direct reply to you that you can share with others.

I hope you can join us on the 3rd as we continue to strive together to take our Club to the levels we all aspire to.

In the interim my sincere gratitude and appreciation for your ongoing support and contribution. I have said on many occasions that our Members are the heart and soul our Club and be assured you are.

My very best regards

cGP3gURwcjIu0B2szFQRsj28bCFOnaBN327zYiddDb0f0Ov-I-ifS6qNfafx7yZSkDRgFFFmx0nh_xocpBqVGI8LGIS0mjtR43zuzyn97yV2hgRh7uBryU1VhjH9vnRolALs7t8ckNZcuQCbRYrcxZIEfUQYHHUsvnvon-2Ksvs=s0-d-e1-ft

Lyall Gorman

CEO - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
He'll be hoping everyone has a rough long weekend so they take it easy on him...

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
I got it too.

About time and a step in the right direction for sure.

I wonder if any of the good news were supposed to hear will be spilled before it’s on.

Would relieve a bit of tension I’d say if there was.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I understand there will be a “lot of positive news”.

I really encourage every member to get there if you can make it. I think most of our questions will be answered on the night

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18