Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We really need to be careful with out recruitment and retention. There is an important balance in my view that includes not just talent and performance but a behavioral code. What he did in the US was atrocious and did not believe he should have been permitted to play in the NRL again. I still feel that way. So I will be disappointed if we sign him.
Surely apart from talent the considerations are
Team harmony
Potential suspensions as arepeat offender. Do any of us know anything about his head space ?
Economic, in terms of sponsorship . The nrl has cleared this, if manly sponsors do and des sees value.

I thought he went well at the broncos but like marty was overpaid. Overpaid players are often discarded

I may have missed something else and im not trying to change your opinion, just asking

Probable landing place for Lodge (how and why), IMHO:

"The Tigers also floated the idea that they would fill Mikaele's spot in the coming weeks, with their top-30 now a man short as the June deadline for immediate player movements and the filling of top 30 squads approaches."

Greg Norman: "Hey we all make mistakes"
No mistake here

He obviously carries his one wood with him in case he goes past a golf course on his walk

1653279508058.png

Probable landing place for Lodge (how and why), IMHO:

"The Tigers also floated the idea that they would fill Mikaele's spot in the coming weeks, with their top-30 now a man short as the June deadline for immediate player movements and the filling of top 30 squads approaches."
I heard Tigers were going hard at Hetherington. This probably sounds more likely for mine than a play at lodge.

Hetherington with a few rough edges knocked off would be good for us
It's bizarre to call lodge controlled but compared to Hethrington, you could probably call Lodge controlled

If we bought Hetherington id give the signing the benefit of the doubt but he would probably be so frustrating to have in the team, sin binned or put on report and suspended seemingly every few matches and not really any sign of getting better in the discipline department.

We do need energy though but i'd prefer they could string some games together and stay on the field haha. If he could control himself better he would be pretty good though, I do admit

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks, apart from his actions in NY he seems to be an obnoxious person who is happy to walk out on clubs when it suits him & still expects to be paid his full contract.

Interesting that he left the Warriors immediately, it would suggest he already has a new contract somewhere, I just hope it isn't with Manly.

LET'S DODGE LODGE.
Agree, but might consider if at a bargain basement price though...

Hetherington has a target on his back. He only has to sneeze and the ref's are blowing a penalty. Love the way he plays but I think its a pass from me just for that reason.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4