Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Warriors have paid out Lodge 700k which will count towards this years cap and next years.

There is something fishy here.....it doesn't make sense
I think that's 700k just for next year alone! Plus what ever is remaining this year. To everyones dismay. He could be the cheap pick up we need!

Warriors have paid out Lodge 700k which will count towards this years cap and next years.

There is something fishy here.....it doesn't make sense
Fishy is an understatement, not even the Warriors would pay out such a massive amount simply as a friendly gesture! An immediate release would normally mean the end of contractual obligations of both parties. Maybe something fairly serious has happened, with a senior club figure at fault? Hard to imagine what else could explain it?

Rothfield told by Scott Fulton we have no interest in Lodge, please be the first time in history Buzz has had good oil

Mate, I don't think I've ever see you this against a player. TBH, I'm with you, he's a grub of the highest order. I want aggression, but not with that behind it.

Rothfield told by Scott Fulton we have no interest in Lodge, please be the first time in history Buzz has had good oil
Interesting! The mail I had from someone close to Lodge was that there was genuine interest from both sides. We’ll see!

The thing to remember about Lodge is his penalties. Like lots of em. Who cares how many metres he can make or the aggression he can bring, if he is going to cost us at crucial moments.

If anything, Lodge is the sort of player we have to stop recruiting. We need discipline and good leadership, not more raw talent.

The thing to remember about Lodge is his penalties. Like lots of em. Who cares how many metres he can make or the aggression he can bring, if he is going to cost us at crucial moments.

If anything, Lodge is the sort of player we have to stop recruiting. We need discipline and good leadership, not more raw talent.

Know what we need? A Ben Kennedy type. A player who won't accept anything but 110% from his players. A player who won't back down to the toughest players in the league. A player who is tough, resilient, dominant.

We literally don't have one tough bloke on the team. At present, the opposition would be looking forward to playing us because we are soft, and lack any kind of intensity in both attack and defense.

Quite literally we are the slowest team in the NRL.

Mate, I don't think I've ever see you this against a player. TBH, I'm with you, he's a grub of the highest order. I want aggression, but not with that behind it.
You’re right mate, on field stuff these days I’m pretty lenient, but as a dad, the thought of a kid hiding in the bathroom while Lodge punches the door in is something I can’t get past to say he deserves to be playing professional rugby league and buying a 2.5mil house in Manly from it. It seems hypocritical when I can accept seeing guys that have made an abhorrent mistake with domestic violence, but there is something that just doesn’t sit right with Lodge, especially when the stories about the abuse of his ex partner come to light, he tried to reneg on paying a cent for his actions, and on the field he is giving fans the fingers etc. Taupau might be a bit out of touch but I’d rather have someone like him over Lodge without question

My best mate went from 25 years supporting the Warriors and organising his weekend around when the Warriors were playing, to not watching any at all while Lodge was there. Don’t know if I’d be strong enough to follow through on that, but I’d rather not be tested lol

You’re right mate, on field stuff these days I’m pretty lenient, but as a dad, the thought of a kid hiding in the bathroom while Lodge punches the door in is something I can’t get past to say he deserves to be playing professional rugby league and buying a 2.5mil house in Manly from it. It seems hypocritical when I can accept seeing guys that have made an abhorrent mistake with domestic violence, but there is something that just doesn’t sit right with Lodge, especially when the stories about the abuse of his ex partner come to light, he tried to reneg on paying a cent for his actions, and on the field he is giving fans the fingers etc. Taupau might be a bit out of touch but I’d rather have someone like him over Lodge without question

My best mate went from 25 years supporting the Warriors and organising his weekend around when the Warriors were playing, to not watching any at all while Lodge was there. Don’t know if I’d be strong enough to follow through on that, but I’d rather not be tested lol

I grew up with that kinda thing mate, so I hear ya. I was literally removed from my biological parents (the donors) because of it. But agree. I keep saying a player like Ben Kennedy - a clean skin. Just class and quality. But someone like him on and off the field - that wouldn't tolerate 90% of this teams half efforts, and I can tell you, I know of some ACTUAL stories, poor behavior and attitude off the park.

Unfortunately millennials generally only care about themselves, so changing crud culture is HARD. They are quicker to just clock off (like some of our players clearly have), or leave all together (like others have).

Know what we need? A Ben Kennedy type. A player who won't accept anything but 110% from his players. A player who won't back down to the toughest players in the league. A player who is tough, resilient, dominant.

We literally don't have one tough bloke on the team. At present, the opposition would be looking forward to playing us because we are soft, and lack any kind of intensity in both attack and defense.

Quite literally we are the slowest team in the NRL.

Maybe a bit harsh in Olakau’atu there, don’t think many enjoy lining up against him

Keppie is the man aggression wise, if we can find a way to harness it. Maybe get Spudd Carroll in on a regular basis to mentor him. I say this purely based on that game at Parramatta stadium last year the day Bozo died. Spudd was in his ear, and he went out there and absolutely destroyed Nathan Brown every minute he was on to the point Brown lost the plot and gave up.

He has all the tools in his kitbag if he gets tuned up right

I grew up with that kinda thing mate, so I hear ya. I was literally removed from my biological parents (the donors) because of it. But agree. I keep saying a player like Ben Kennedy - a clean skin. Just class and quality. But someone like him on and off the field - that wouldn't tolerate 90% of this teams half efforts, and I can tell you, I know of some ACTUAL stories, poor behavior and attitude off the park.

Unfortunately millennials generally only care about themselves, so changing crud culture is HARD. They are quicker to just clock off (like some of our players clearly have), or leave all together (like others have).

A couple of years ago I thought Wade Graham was the absolute perfect signing for any club for everything you have mentioned above in leadership and toughness etc. Sadly headknocks have taken a toll on him but he is a hard man

Des Hasler our Manly legend and great coach had similar never say die resilient characteristics to the Great Ben Kennedy . We are in good rebuilding hands

Maybe a bit harsh in Olakau’atu there, don’t think many enjoy lining up against him

Keppie is the man aggression wise, if we can find a way to harness it. Maybe get Spudd Carroll in on a regular basis to mentor him. I say this purely based on that game at Parramatta stadium last year the day Bozo died. Spudd was in his ear, and he went out there and absolutely destroyed Nathan Brown every minute he was on to the point Brown lost the plot and gave up.

He spends plenty of time with Carroll at his gym.Probably why Keppie’s intelligence level isnt getting any higher.But to be fair,Payne Haas aside,Props don’t really hit their straps until after 25 so he,like a couple of others,have a few yrs of learning to go

Oh, Olakau'atu is a dead set beast mate. Plays 80 minutes. Completely dominant. BUT, he's young, he's not aggressive, and there are times he's quite slow (particularly in the ruck, play-the-ball speed and that). BUT, those things will come in time (including leadership). This player could and should by the best backrower in the entire league. I just HOPE he starts getting the ball with a bit of a run-up, and not at a standing start with the flat attack structure.

Keppie. I loved him early on. But his penalties are costly mate. And errors. BUT again, you're right, these things can hopefully be coached out of his game.

We certainly have some players with real quality, and a lot with potential. It worries me that as a WHOLE, we've gone backwards in form this season. There isn't a player who's stepped up or improved (from last year). That's a real worry.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6