Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Every one of us probably has the odd thing in our past that we regret , I’m sure he regrets what he did but he ( or anyone for that matter ) shouldn’t suffer for the rest of their lives as a result of that.

Every human is entitled to redemption at some point , although many are very flawed and never gain that.

But we should be happy that many do.

A good example of that is Craig Field who made some very very bad choices , but recently spoke to our players about life choices and redeeming your life if you’ve made a bad one.

If Lodge was sacked from his previous club for being a bad boy off field I’d be 100% supportive of the “ no sign “ view but what he did was almost a decade ago, he’s moved on and so do we!!
The Intelligent and Ignorant Lodge Perspective ....

INTELLIGENT People would see Lodge as a Great Inspirational example
Of a Person who fell but had the courage to get up and Redeem himself
Now this takes character to do so.

IGNORANT people lack the capacity to think this way
Lets hope one day they have the maturity to see the rights from wrongs and the courage to learn to forgive and give the redemption of peace a chance and escape their bitter thoughts for life
Because if they dont they only condemn them selves by living a life of Bitterness

There is No One that has never made the wrong choices in life
There is No One that does not have a strike against their Name
There is No One that wants to be condemned for their mistakes for life

The Moral of the story ......
No One is perfect and we are all have faults
So let us not Judge and Condemn others
Because their faults are different to ours .

View attachment 24486
False argument Bozo.
We all makes judgments all the time, as so we should.
The question is whether our judgments are sound, ie, based on good evidence and reasoning.

I
As far as NRL front rowers go I don't mind having Matt Lodge in the squad.

Remember, when he was at the Broncos he was on the fringe of Origin selection. And I know a few Warriors fans who wish he'd gone with the team back to Auckland.

He's actually a Penrith junior from St. Patricks Blacktown.

Interesting fact: that assault charge in NY?? October 2015, almost 8 years ago. I'm not bringing this up to say "Hey, we signed a thug". I'm saying it was almost 8 years ago now. Since then he's really only been in the news whenever he's switched clubs. i.e he's kept his powder relatively clean outside of football.

Either way he's one of us now so I'm willing to give the bloke a go. And given the injuries to Paseka and Aloiai yesterday, having him now is a bonus.
False argument Bozo.
We all makes judgments all the time, as so we should.
The question is whether our judgments are sound, ie, based on good evidence and reasoning.
I think he’s been sober since. Huge **** up and something he will never live down but He was young and some people just cannot drink. Happy to support him so long as he’s making the right steps towards betterment.

Are we paying that much for Jake? Every source I have seen is 800k.

And Jake is worth 800k every day of the week.
Jurbo is the best defender in the NRL, and if his value is $800,000 it is purely for his tackling because, unfortunately, he offers nothing in attack. I haven't seen him break a tackle, nor seriously try to, for three seasons now. I don't know whether this approach -- let them tackle me then get to my feet quickly and play the ball -- is under coaching instructions or his lack of speed and forward momentum.
I'm not suggesting he's not our most important forward who bleeds maroon and white; defence is just as important as attack, but he is a very well paid one-dimensional footballer these days.

Jurbo is the best defender in the NRL, and if his value is $800,000 it is purely for his tackling because, unfortunately, he offers nothing in attack. I haven't seen him break a tackle, nor seriously try to, for three seasons now. I don't know whether this approach -- let them tackle me then get to my feet quickly and play the ball -- is under coaching instructions or his lack of speed and forward momentum.
I'm not suggesting he's not our most important forward who bleeds maroon and white; defence is just as important as attack, but he is a very well paid one-dimensional footballer these days.
I hear what you are saying - but if he could break a tackle he would be worth 1.1m a year.

Are we paying that much for Jake? Every source I have seen is 800k.

And Jake is worth 800k every day of the week.
It's posted in here under What's a pack cost or something. It has the list from the Daily Telegraph of the forwards salaries, Jake listed at $950k. If true, good luck to him but geez he's way overpaid. Couldn't bust a tackle to save himself, or even bend the line at best. Stifles the attack, and yes he is a great defender. But Froggys a great defender too, and he's on $350k. I get Jake's a "good bloke" etc etc blah blah but at $950k he's taking the p1ss.

The Intelligent and Ignorant Lodge Perspective ....

INTELLIGENT People would see Lodge as a Great Inspirational example
Of a Person who fell but had the courage to get up and Redeem himself
Now this takes character to do so.

IGNORANT people lack the capacity to think this way
Lets hope one day they have the maturity to see the rights from wrongs and the courage to learn to forgive and give the redemption of peace a chance and escape their bitter thoughts for life
Because if they dont they only condemn them selves by living a life of Bitterness
Not sure it is as black and white as that mate. Most of the posts I have read against Lodge just say that they prefer that the club did not sign him based upon both his early criminal activity and his trail of fallouts in recent times with other NRL clubs. A view they are entitled too. In my humble view the only people on this earth that are entitled to forgive Lodge are the victims of his behaviour not any of us. I believe a intelligent/ wise person needs to also use their gut instinct/ intuition or what ever you want to call it when making calls like this. I believe the club’s judgement was more focused on signing a player cheaply that could help them win footy games instead of the more difficult moral concerns. Penns so called 10 min Skype call is proof of this. 😂. A wise person also knows that there are boundaries that should never be crossed and that in some cases redemption is not an entitlement. I personally do not know enough about the man to make this call about him but I do think the club signed him with rose coloured glasses.

It's posted in here under What's a pack cost or something. It has the list from the Daily Telegraph of the forwards salaries, Jake listed at $950k. If true, good luck to him but geez he's way overpaid. Couldn't bust a tackle to save himself, or even bend the line at best. Stifles the attack, and yes he is a great defender. But Froggys a great defender too, and he's on $350k. I get Jake's a "good bloke" etc etc blah blah but at $950k he's taking the p1ss.
Him and his bro came as a package deal. Getting Jake for 900 was a sweetener for getting Tom for 1.1 which was considerably cheaper than the form he was showing at the time as probably the best player in the game. Both of them for two million isn’t terrible when you consider the standing of both in the game 4 years ago pre injuries.

We don’t need Jake to break tackles or be dynamic with the ball. Our defence is paper thin and our collective attitude is putrid when he doesn’t play. He is the heart and soul of the team and worth 900k. If he wasn’t at Manly, we’d be seeing Bulldogs results on occasions; conceding 50-60 points in games that aren’t falling our way. He’s saved us from embarrassment on many occasions.

He might not be a match winner in the traditional sense, but the other guys that do win matches (the Tom’s and Daly’s) aren’t in a position to win a game for us because the opposition are 30 points clear without Jake.

We don’t need Jake to break tackles or be dynamic with the ball. Our defence is paper thin and our collective attitude is putrid when he doesn’t play. He is the heart and soul of the team and worth 900k. If he wasn’t at Manly, we’d be seeing Bulldogs results on occasions; conceding 50-60 points in games that aren’t falling our way. He’s saved us from embarrassment on many occasions.

He might not be a match winner in the traditional sense, but the other guys that do win matches (the Tom’s and Daly’s) aren’t in a position to win a game for us because the opposition are 30 points clear without Jake.

30pts?! Interesting 🤔

Not sure it is as black and white as that mate. Most of the posts I have read against Lodge just say that they prefer that the club did not sign him based upon both his early criminal activity and his trail of fallouts in recent times with other NRL clubs. A view they are entitled too. In my humble view the only people on this earth that are entitled to forgive Lodge are the victims of his behaviour not any of us. I believe a intelligent/ wise person needs to also use their gut instinct/ intuition or what ever you want to call it when making calls like this. I believe the club’s judgement was more focused on signing a player cheaply that could help them win footy games instead of the more difficult moral concerns. Penns so called 10 min Skype call is proof of this. 😂. A wise person also knows that there are boundaries that should never be crossed and that in some cases redemption is not an entitlement. I personally do not know enough about the man to make this call about him but I do think the club signed him with rose coloured glasses.
When Matt Lodge left Brisbane it wasn't because he did anything untoward or started kicking stones at training. They were flush with exceptional middles and needed to free up space for an edge backrower and a dominant half. That kind of thing happens all the time. Enter Capewell and Reynolds.

The reason for his falling out at the Warriors is a little more contentious. But this is what Warriors owner Mark Robinson said about the matter.

"We had an argument in a hotel, two alpha males in a pub last December," Robinson told the Daily Telegraph.

"Two days later we shook hands and moved on but it never came right.

"He was unhappy so I bought him out of his option for next year and we parted ways."

Robinson wouldn't say what the argument was about.

"Just two men and attitude and whatever. It's seven months ago.

"There's no bad blood with Matt Lodge at all.

"It was a simple business transaction. He had an option for next season so he was entitled to a severance package, as would any employee out there who has a contract with their employer."

Now, in all my years following the game, I have NEVER seen a club owner/power broker get into a drunken altercation with a player and release a statement like this. The fact he then buys Lodge out suggests Mark Robinson may have been at fault here. Otherwise Matthew's contract would be terminated for breaching the behavioral code of his deal. Again, it happens all the time.

That leaves the Roosters and I have posted earlier in this thread that Matthew believed he was going to be offered a two year extension before the Chooks reneged. Make of that what you will.

There has been PLENTY of NRL player scandals and crimes since Lodge was charged over eight years ago, but none of them were committed by Matthew.

Go hard Lodgey! I hope management get you locked in to a new contract soon. We have been crying out for a big, mean no nonsense prop for a while. Keep playing like you did on Sunday and you might go down as the best signing we have made in years.

Last edited:
Jake is the cement in our pack. He is worth every penny IMO. However he lacks pace to play lock and should be in the front row interchange. We are however short a couple of props. IMO Seibold got the selections right this week.

Jake is the cement in our pack. He is worth every penny IMO. However he lacks pace to play lock and should be in the front row interchange. We are however short a couple of props. IMO Seibold got the selections right this week.
Yep, it would be a big advantage to have a prop who plays 70 mins. Give him a spell at halftime and bring him back on with 30 mins to go. Then we could play a more mobile lock like Matto. Siebold did mention he sees Jake Arthur as a potential ball playing lock.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8