Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He seems to have desire ,an ingredient that many others that have been heralded for us have lacked

grassy

Bencher
For what I have seen so far from Matt I am happy with. So far so good but early days yet.who knows? He could work out perfect for us. We need to do something anyway. Def an aura of intensity in our first half performance against the sharks. I’m not too optimistic these days but trying to stay positive.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Great game on debut, enormous in restoring the middle along with Keppie I thought.

I watched that you tube clip of his off field actions in the USA and found it appalling, thoughts go out to the victims of that attack.

All in for second chances and hopefully as an individual he can restore his reputation as being a respected off field ambassador.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
As far as NRL front rowers go I don't mind having Matt Lodge in the squad.

Remember, when he was at the Broncos he was on the fringe of Origin selection. And I know a few Warriors fans who wish he'd gone with the team back to Auckland.

He's actually a Penrith junior from St. Patricks Blacktown.

Interesting fact: that assault charge in NY?? October 2015, almost 8 years ago. I'm not bringing this up to say "Hey, we signed a thug". I'm saying it was almost 8 years ago now. Since then he's really only been in the news whenever he's switched clubs. i.e he's kept his powder relatively clean outside of football.

Either way he's one of us now so I'm willing to give the bloke a go. And given the injuries to Paseka and Aloiai yesterday, having him now is a bonus.

Nordburg

First Grader
Lodge is playing for his career. I expected him to play well on Sunday.

Let's see if he is still playing as well 4 weeks later. That has been his issue with every club. Starts well, ends schiit.

Perhaps then we can offer him a deal in 2024.
Not to mention the fake tough stuff he likes to carry on with once his team start to lose

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
He played well if Paseka had not been injured we would have won by more.
Despite Lodge playing well I did not like seeing him in a Manly jersey.

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
As above plenty, a slow see how we go approach is the way. Definitely if we are the only team interested, we hold the cards. Very impressed with his first hitout but we'll see how it goes as it was his first so he would've been pumped. Plenty of sus characters still running around in our game so big deal if we have one too. It's all been done/dusted and sorted. As with DeBelin, Sailor and others.

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
I loved seeing Matthew charging into the defense like a runaway train. All wild eyed and foaming at the mouth. The opposition knew we had a maniacal front rower on our side, and it's been a while since we could lay claim to having one of those.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As far as NRL front rowers go I don't mind having Matt Lodge in the squad.

Remember, when he was at the Broncos he was on the fringe of Origin selection. And I know a few Warriors fans who wish he'd gone with the team back to Auckland.

He's actually a Penrith junior from St. Patricks Blacktown.

Interesting fact: that assault charge in NY?? October 2015, almost 8 years ago. I'm not bringing this up to say "Hey, we signed a thug". I'm saying it was almost 8 years ago now. Since then he's really only been in the news whenever he's switched clubs. i.e he's kept his powder relatively clean outside of football.

Either way he's one of us now so I'm willing to give the bloke a go. And given the injuries to Paseka and Aloiai yesterday, having him now is a bonus.
It wouldn’t matter if it was 20 years ago, some on here believe it’s “ one strike and you’re gone for life “ with zero chance of redemption.

I read he’s married , with 2 or 3 little kids now and has bought a house in the northern beaches.

Seems like a pretty normal life to me.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It wouldn’t matter if it was 20 years ago, some on here believe it’s “ one strike and you’re gone for life “ with zero chance of redemption.
There is No One that has never made the wrong choices in life
There is No One that does not have a strike against their Name
There is No One that wants to be condemned for their mistakes for life

The Moral of the story ......
No One is perfect and we are all have faults
So let us not Judge and Condemn others
Because their faults are different to ours .

1690247809679.png

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member

I read he’s married , with 2 or 3 little kids now and has bought a house in the northern beaches.

Seems like a pretty normal life to me.

I think he also has a uni degree. We all make mistakes his was huge however let’s move on as he has.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Every one of us probably has the odd thing in our past that we regret , I’m sure he regrets what he did but he ( or anyone for that matter ) shouldn’t suffer for the rest of their lives as a result of that.

Every human is entitled to redemption at some point , although many are very flawed and never gain that.

But we should be happy that many do.

A good example of that is Craig Field who made some very very bad choices , but recently spoke to our players about life choices and redeeming your life if you’ve made a bad one.

If Lodge was sacked from his previous club for being a bad boy off field I’d be 100% supportive of the “ no sign “ view but what he did was almost a decade ago, he’s moved on and we need to as well!!

Last edited:

MW66

Reserve Grader
Moral compass aside he looked better than any of our other props (maybe with exception of Paseka) after one game. Looked more like AFB or Haas in the way he bent the line and looked for an offload. In addition he didn't shirk his defensive duties. An upgrade? Definitely Yes.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Moral compass aside he looked better than any of our other props (maybe with exception of Paseka) after one game. Looked more like AFB or Haas in the way he bent the line and looked for an offload. In addition he didn't shirk his defensive duties. An upgrade? Definitely Yes.
Could well be the missing piece in our forward pack.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16