Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It’s a pretty valid point and theres always smart middle ground available, your right about his contract past and the likely hood of other clubs chasing his service.

A couple of things spring to mind, signing him for a year and he has a strong season, might have to pay overs to keep him, or perhaps not be able to justify keeping him, due to higher offers. Lodge himself would most likely prefer some security in relation to a suitable contract offer, ie term.

Solution, table the appropriate offer, perhaps a 3 year deal constructed as a 1x1x1 with the options in the clubs favour, seems pretty simple, based on yesterday he can definitely add to our side, I still want to see him do it week in week out for the remainder of the season first before any offer is tabled.
That "s a good suggestion , even if it may be a 2 year deal and the 2 nd in the clubs favor
Not sure how many other clubs have the capacity to be interested , maybe Dolphins if they had some coin to go after the Fainus
Then Bennet may have other a different outlook with his background . Manly may have an advantage regardless with outside interest and with him now apparently based on the Northern beaches .
Jake , Paseka , Lodge , Alioia , Keppie , Bully [ though he could be considered as a possible 13 or edge option ] ,
Sipley , Woods , though both would no doubt considered very much on the depth side then and the cap maybe just a bit out of whack . but also maybe or close to minimum salary , could still be viable .
Encouraging but really need Lodge in the mix and if he can very hopefully be cap compliant over the next couple or few seasons to give the pack some good all round authority and ruck control .

Great yesterday.... loved it....bloke can play no doubt.... but give him a long term deal and he'll plod away and collect the cash and then ask for a release.

We'd be dopes to sign him up long term.... so I'll await his upcoming 3 year deal with Sharon.

Agree that signing Lodge for any longer than a year would be risky but maybe after the last few years, and at his age now (living locally too) he might want to settle down and play some consistent footy here for a few years, wishful thinking but who knows

It’s a shame he had to come on for Paseka yesterday as I think they’d work great in tandem, a bit like AFB and Marty (when he was still good) a few years ago. He helped us stay in the battle yesterday but with both of them I could us winning the forward battles more regularly, we all know this has been one of our biggest weaknesses in recent times

I liked what I saw from him yesterday but would prefer the club waits until he plays like that in every game for the rest of the season before making him an offer, & then only making a mid length offer (max 2 years) to make sure we don’t end up like the Broncos & Roosters & paying him to play for another club.

No way should be trying to get him long term. We have all the leverage. Sign him on a one year cut price deal and get him hungry to find consistency and repay the lifeline the club has given him. He will not wanna sniff around for a big pay check after leaving yet another club.

No way should be trying to get him long term. We have all the leverage. Sign him on a one year cut price deal and get him hungry to find consistency and repay the lifeline the club has given him. He will not wanna sniff around for a big pay check after leaving yet another club.
And it's not like he'd be short this year as he got paid out by the Chooks and he also got full freight from the Warriors too, surely he can afford to take unders next year to prove he's still worth big $$ for the years after.

Hello all. It always appears that we are trying to sign someone off contract who may play above their contract weight e.g. recent suggestions have included Corey Allan and Nathan Brown. What are thoughts on Matt Lodge?

Yes he's an Fwit, but he's a mean F'wit and lets face it we need someone to step up as an enforcer of sorts. He is a known quality and we know exactly what we would be getting. He is living on the northern beaches and has his kid(s) playing in local junior footy which might work in our favour.

Now he's probably already signed up to uncle Nick's chooks so odds are against it, but if he was available would the Manly faithful accept him?
Just what manly need, love the way he runs the ball, hard and fast, looking for an off load, quick play the ball, and maybe a contract. He must have said something to the six because he actually had a bit of a go.paseka injury a blow.

The thing with Matt is if doesn’t work here with us he knows he likely won’t get another gig in Australia.

I don’t know what happened in Brisbane, but to be fair at the Roosters he was told he would pick up another contract with them and then they backflipped when JWH decided to go around again. Things went downhill from there.

He’s settled with a family in the area and has wanted to get here for some time, that leaves me optimistic.

As we saw yesterday he’s a very handy footballer with plenty of upside at only 28 years old.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10