Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF said:
patorick2010 said:
Not sure how far in.

2:23

Basically said we are being investigated for our supplement programs. Which he then went on to say that he thinks we will be fine.

He then said the problem will be individual players taking their own supplements from their own gyms etc but I don't think he was referring to specifically Manly, was more a generalization for everyone

So mid week Essendon raise an issue with possible Illegal substance use...from that Manly have been in every headline...except for today...Everyone has left us alone, even News Ltd....

Today Essendon are back in the frame and nobody else, really.

What a coincidence that the ACC and Government came out 2 days after the Essendon "exclusive". And last night the sports minister is at a pre season footy match and on TV at the same time....When did that last happen....
They say today the NRL is negotiating with The ACC as to what to do with the info....when the f@rk does that happen, oh please.

Very extensive 12 month investigation....Waste of all our money on what is slowly appearing more and more as a stunt, that may just flush out a cuppla dopes who fall for it.

How many years now have we had the start of the competition railroaded>????

Ceagle said:
tbh if you think about it there really isn't any player on Manly that you would suspect of taking performance enhancers. None of the players have really stacked on a crazy amount of size like you hear with other players in the off season and the players don't really look like the types that have used Performance Enhancers e.g Rose, Gift, Lyon etc

Only Manly player of recent times I would suspect would be T-Rex
I agree with the T Rex bit,but whoever gave them to him,must have given him downers instead of uppers

6 clubs involved with phone tap and documentry evidence to back it up.Hardly a stunt.This is not a governement report-it is a police report by guys who are used to following due process and not just broadcasting names on radio stations.I guarantee you the word stunt wont be being used by Wednesday next week.

U beleive Susan, cause I dont...Sorry.

And I hope Im right and your not.....Please I am not being nasty by saying that....just very very hopeful.

Wasnt being critical mate.Just a different point of view.Most of my mates are with you on this and I sincerely hope you are right.My brother is a senior detective in Qld and although he knows nothing about this stuff he said there is no way they would be taking this course without serious evidence against a lot of parties.

@[Larissa]

Is the Deloitte investigation into Manly's sports science dept finished? Do we know what the result was yet?

I think we tanked the pre-lim final against Melbourne last year.

Tony Williams, Dean Whare, Darcy Lusick and Vic Mauro were the players that led it.

susan said:
6 clubs involved with phone tap and documentry evidence to back it up.Hardly a stunt.This is not a governement report-it is a police report by guys who are used to following due process and not just broadcasting names on radio stations.I guarantee you the word stunt wont be being used by Wednesday next week.
What do you expect to happen by Wednesday?

Listening to Fox sport news just now, I got the impression there won't be any announcement – ever. The NRL are going to leave it up to the 6 clubs allegedly involved to decide whether or not to say anything publicly (unless I misinterpreted what they were saying).

When I think of tony Williams I don't think of him as a Tanker but it is a word that rhymes with tanker :)

strone33 said:
Brissie Kid said:
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-regarding-acc-report/tabid/10874/newsid/70723/default.aspx

NRL statement regarding ACC report
NRL.com Sun, Feb 10, 2013 - 3:54 PM

The following is a statement from ARLC CEO Dave Smith:

“The NRL is in close and productive negotiation with the Australian Crime Commission to establish a formal mechanism by which we can inform individual clubs that they have been the subject of intelligence gathering by the ACC.

“Tony Whitlam QC is today continuing to assist the NRL in establishing a formal set of procedures with the ACC through which information can be passed to the clubs. This framework should be established in 24-48 hours.

“Once this information is passed on the NRL will not, under the guidelines outlined by the ACC, be able to identify the clubs publicly. This will be a matter for the individual clubs to consider in consultation with ASADA, the ACC and the NRL.

“While acknowledging media speculation about the number of clubs today the NRL remains bound by strict legal constraints and these have been reinforced today by both the ACC and Justice Minister Jason Clare.

“The NRL accepts that there are frustrations for players, clubs and fans, however, the significance of these matters demands they are dealt with through a proper process.”

There will be no further comment at this stage

NRL weak as piss response.

Really? A "weak as piss" response would be to bow to media pressure and out clubs prematurely.

susan said:

Is that you Kate??

Dank going on the front foot
http://sydney-live.triplem.com.au/Event/Crime_Commission_And_Australian_Sport

I think I believe the bloke we all know they AFL are the 2nd best spin doctors in the country (behind the fed government). I get the feeling from listening to Kemt and a few others the AFL gave Essendon the heads up about the ACC and that's why they came out on Monday and why Dank has been put out there as the sacrificial lamb.

bones said:
@[Larissa]

Is the Deloitte investigation into Manly's sports science dept finished? Do we know what the result was yet?

The Deloites audit would be nothing more than determining the Governance structures of the clubs football management.

This would be to determine accountability on who is responsible for what and who oversees that person.

They were not investigating specifics of the drug accusations themselves.

As far as $1.7m. I would have done it for $17k

From twitter
@RLPMagazine
Hasler says Manly 100% clean: 'We tied in with all the policies if the WADA and ASADA guidelines.' #NRL

COMMANDER said:
I think we tanked the pre-lim final against Melbourne last year.

Tony Williams, Dean Whare, Darcy Lusick and Vic Mauro were the players that led it.

Lol...... And was it Matt Parish who told them to?

Hasler says Dank was 'a great analytical thinker' who did 'a lot of work on GPS and a lot of statistical science' in his time at Manly #NRL

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8