Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
conanu said:
I worked in a gov dept too in Canberra, and now i work in many. We should catch up and watch a game one day!. And yes you are right about dept heads thats who i am referring to they are trying to make out that they are useful.

Sorry Conanu. I worked for 34 years with the NSW State Government mainly here in Sydney. Similar problems I suspect with politicians and department heads at Fed level. Any chance to enhance their image at anyone else's expense was ruthlessly and gleefully taken ...saw it too often.

Bearfax said:
conanu said:
I worked in a gov dept too in Canberra, and now i work in many. We should catch up and watch a game one day!. And yes you are right about dept heads thats who i am referring to they are trying to make out that they are useful.

Sorry Conanu. I worked for 34 years with the NSW State Government mainly here in Sydney. Similar problems I suspect with politicians and department heads at Fed level. Any chance to enhance their image at anyone else's expense was ruthlessly and gleefully taken ...saw it too often.
My experience to a t. It would be far more easy for me to deliver on my departmental responsibilities if the government would only butt out!

(but continue to provide the $$ in the state budget o'course ;0) )

tookey said:
hordernnewt said:
Ceagle said that Peptides "can help strip Body fat".
Please post the names of the six clubs as soon as they are known so I can pop down to one of the clubs and get me some Peptides!

George has lost weight this year. Peptides could be responsible

Either that or he's just eating for two people now.

Rather than thirty-three.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
What on earth is the point of publishing idle speculation? Mud sticks remember. Individual comments may or may not be defamatory but why take the risk with nothing at all to gain?

Sounds like a fine letter to the editor of the DT. Pick any random week and it will suit just fine.

Rex said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
What on earth is the point of publishing idle speculation? Mud sticks remember. Individual comments may or may not be defamatory but why take the risk with nothing at all to gain?

Sounds like a fine letter to the editor of the DT. Pick any random week and it will suit just fine.

Add to it a letter to Fox. On their SportsNews channel today they made an issue of Brett Stewart being interviewed by police (they said arrested) on The Corso at a wedding about a month ago. The police released Brett without charge. So what was the BIG NEWS item about then. No doubt just stiring the pot at a time the drug issue is raised. Dirty play indeed.

OK. Time for everyone to step back and make sure you dont associate an actual persons name with slander of defamation.

As tempting as some find it it would be wiser to comment on things as & when they are stated & the facts are in the public domain.

Jatz Crackers said:
OK. Time for everyone to step back and make sure you dont associate an actual persons name with slander of defamation.

As tempting as some find it it would be wiser to comment on things as & when they are stated & the facts are in the public domain.

With all due respect Jatz that comment was referring to an item on Foxsports news service and followed items about the present issues about the drugs in leagues items. They started with Brett Stewart being 'arrested' without qualification and it was only later when the issue was expanded upon that the story in full was explained. The natural implication is obvious.
And as far as legal issues, I worked in the criminal justice system in gaols and courts for almost 35 years so I know a little about legal issues.

Roy Masters. Did the AFL tip off Essendon? http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/did-afl-tip-bombers-off-about-drug-scandal-20130211-2e8y9.html?skin=text-only

Bearfax said:
Jatz Crackers said:

With all due respect Jatz that comment was referring to an item on Foxsports news service and followed items about the present issues about the drugs in leagues items. They started with Brett Stewart being 'arrested' without qualification and it was only later when the issue was expanded upon that the story in full was explained. The natural implication is obvious.
And as far as legal issues, I worked in the criminal justice system in gaols and courts for almost 35 years so I know a little about legal issues.

Bearfax, you have assumed I was referring to you when making my post. I wasnt.

You will see that same post copied to a number of threads and is purely meant as a hopefully timely reminder for everyone here to be careful about what they say.

Brissie Kid said:
Roy Masters. Did the AFL tip off Essendon? http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/did-afl-tip-bombers-off-about-drug-scandal-20130211-2e8y9.html?skin=text-only

Ive been thinking that for a few days now. Just smelt funny that they happened to come out before the press were told.

Jatz Crackers said:
Bearfax said:
Jatz Crackers said:

You will see that same post copied to a number of threads and is purely meant as a hopefully timely reminder for everyone here to be careful about what they say.

Thank you Jatz. I retract my remark to you. Apologies for misunderstanding.

There's nothing to worry about. If there has been systematic doping at Manly then Canterbury would be under investigation as well.

Jatz Crackers said:
Bearfax said:
Jatz Crackers said:

So it was about my post then?

I was ready to take offence Jatz but I got distracted - trying to work out what "slander of defamation" means. I'm not sure I slandered defamation and certainly didn't attach a name to that, so its all good.

I'm not going to mention anything because of don't wan't Silvertails to be at risk due to slander of my defecation but this statement by Perry quoted in SMH is interesting...
''It's only two years at this stage,'' Perry said. ''I guess out of those inquiries it may go back even further. But I think the fact that Manly was involved with specific people a fair way back might assist our case.''Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/teams-will-encourage-players-to-dob-in-dopers-20130212-2eb75.html#ixzz2KixHxdHD

niccipops said:
I'm not going to mention anything because of don't wan't Silvertails to be at risk due to slander of my defecation but this statement by Perry quoted in SMH is interesting...

There are other websites for that

voicefromthehill said:
niccipops said:

There are other websites for that

:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:

N'pops, I'm shocked. And from a mod as well!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8