Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Pablo said:
As expected. Days before we know anything.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
bones said:
@[Larissa]

Is the Deloitte investigation into Manly's sports science dept finished? Do we know what the result was yet?

The Deloites audit would be nothing more than determining the Governance structures of the clubs football management.

This would be to determine accountability on who is responsible for what and who oversees that person.

They were not investigating specifics of the drug accusations themselves.

As far as $1.7m. I would have done it for $17k

Mate a flippant response and nothing more. Have seen the arse end of enough auditors to know their cost

SeaEagleRock8 said:
susan said:
6 clubs involved with phone tap and documentry evidence to back it up.Hardly a stunt.This is not a governement report-it is a police report by guys who are used to following due process and not just broadcasting names on radio stations.I guarantee you the word stunt wont be being used by Wednesday next week.
What do you expect to happen by Wednesday?

Listening to Fox sport news just now, I got the impression there won't be any announcement – ever. The NRL are going to leave it up to the 6 clubs allegedly involved to decide whether or not to say anything publicly (unless I misinterpreted what they were saying).

It should be clear in a few days who the clubs are.It wont be hard to work out.What do you think the ones who arent under investigation are going to say? - they will announce straight away they are in the clear.

The clubs under investigation will know that and will tell the punters real quick and not wait to look silly by being last man standing when 10 clubs say they are ok.Logic says we know very soon.

Looks like Danks could be a very wealthy person unless the ACC has concrete evidence against him. He is about to lodge a defamation lawsuit against the press for $10m.

Funny how his name came out immediately but none of the NRL clubs.

Ceagle said that Peptides "can help strip Body fat".
Please post the names of the six clubs as soon as they are known so I can pop down to one of the clubs and get me some Peptides!

Why does everyone think that the ACC wouldnt grandstand to make it look like they are a necessary Gov dept. From what i can see they are just another Gov dept trying to justify their existence when Canberra gets the chimney sweep put through it next year.

All this could be alot of reserve graders or under 20's players at clubs that are mixing with criminal elements, and from what i have seen of the suburban slums in Sydneys west and South West it would be no suprise to me that young footy players are involved with these criminals. Have you seen the pumped up gimps that hang around those 2-Bob supplement shops? They are like a 2012 answer to the pinny parlour. With their tap out UFC tshirts and Bandanas.

We already know Ryan Tandy and John Elias have been up to no good. Not every player has integrity.

But you dont win Grand Finals with too many of those types in your club.

Let J. Edgar Hoover and his ACC do whatever. Its just another jealous Rugby League beat up.

AFL has a whole club on the juice!, Soccer has had 300 games fixed in Europe!, Rugby Union has had 4 players test positive already last year!, Boxing had Botha test positive yesterday in an already dubious betting decision with Gilligan Bin Laden Nasser but somehow League is the bad guy in big trouble. Come off it!!!

My solution is to get rid of the off season. Straight back into it on first fri in jan. no time for journos to get bored and look for scandals!

hordernnewt said:
Please post the names of the six clubs as soon as they are known so I can pop down to one of the clubs and get me some Peptides!
Lol. As a perfectly normal side effect of the growth hormone pulse your pituitary gland initiates, free fatty acids are released about 60-80 minutes after the pulse starts. But you still have to do fat burning exercise that will use up those FFA's. So if you sit around and dont put the work in, the fat will remain :)

susan said:
Wasnt being critical mate.Just a different point of view.Most of my mates are with you on this and I sincerely hope you are right.My brother is a senior detective in Qld and although he knows nothing about this stuff he said there is no way they would be taking this course without serious evidence against a lot of parties.

From what Fox Sports are reporting - they say the ACC have now involved only NSW and VIC police. I am assuming this means all QLD clubs and the Warriors are in the clear??
That leaves 12 clubs, 6 are involved and 6 are in the clear. I just hope Bernie Coen's tweet is 100% accurate that Manly have nothing to worry about.

People just let things unfold why bother with "pm's" wanting to know a certain rumour or speculating for entertainment purposes.

Every club will follow the proper guidelines because it is the right thing to do and to cover their arses, i doubt the club or training staff would encourage or even document illegal use who would be silly enough to do so.

In other words the Audit will find nothing in relation to club procedures and it's only individuals in trouble through their own choices or deception.

Seems to me like a certain "opinion/technical observer writer"(not me lol) is softening his tone over the past couple of days in relation to bagging the ACC.(always with a right wing political bias these days also behind most of his comments)

This is "Womens Weekly" stuff for men lets drop it.

hordernnewt said:

The bloody govt banned peptides yesterday as a result of the media hysteria, only country in the world that peptides are illegal now, we are such a nanny state

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-methods-above-board-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226574902503

DES Hasler has declared that the work of controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank during his highly successful tenure at Manly Sea Eagles was above board.

Bulldogs coach Hasler tonight broke his silence on sport's drugs scandal to back Dank, whose radical methods have come into question.

Dank's lawyers today said they will launch a $10 million defamation claim against various media outlets, alleging their client has been falsely accused of selling illegal drugs to sportspeople. Dank was part of the Manly set-up while the side was coached by Hasler, who led them to NRL premierships in 2008 and 2011.

"Steve Dank is a great thinker, a great analytical thinker, in his time at Manly there he did a lot of work on GPS and a lot of statistical science, he did a lot of work in hypoxi," Hasler said.

"I've got no qualm, 100 per cent, that we were entirely within the policy of WADA and ASADA guidelines, no problem there."

Dank is understood to have been interviewed by the Australian Crime Commission over his work at Manly and the Essendon AFL club.

Hasler also said the federal investigation into the use of performance-enhancing drugs by athletes in various codes should not overshadow the kick-off to the NRL season.

"I'd like to think not, but the word out there at the moment is 'Tell us'," he said.

"There has been a lot of speculation, a lot of accusation, everybody is now really waiting to see the accountability, that would be the general message put back there by CEOs and leading spokespeople in the game.

"I haven't seen anything like this, with the announcement from the federal ministers earlier in the week.

"But I think the resounding response is that they want to know who, what, when and why. It's not the game (of rugby league), it's sport in general," he said.

Brissie Kid said:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-methods-above-board-des-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226574902503
"I've got no qualm, 100 per cent, that we were entirely within the policy of WADA and ASADA guidelines, no problem there."
We used to say, In Des we trust. I trust this.

MWSE said:
Of course De$ is saying that. He has a lot to lose if we are proven to be guilty.

I hated the way he left us after that awesome GF win but I really don't think he'd be part of anything as stupid as whole team banned substance abuse.

Anxious clubs wait on call from NRL
Date
February 11, 2013
Brad Walter
Chief Rugby League Writer

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anxious-clubs-wait-on-call-from-nrl-20130210-2e6l4.html

Been a lot of talk, accusations, McCarthyism, Inquisition style operations making generalised claims including recent statement that 6 clubs are the focus of investigations etc etc etc. The Telegraph has never had it so good since Brett Stewart was accused...and they got that wrong and failed to apologise. Wonder if the same will occur here.

But there has been not one specific club or player so far charged and one wonders if this was all just political tree shaking without any significant substance.

If there is something there, reveal it. If not get out of Rugby League's way so it can get on with doing what it does best ..entertaining people and taking our minds off our increasingly grubby politicians on both sides

conanu said:
Why does everyone think that the ACC wouldnt grandstand to make it look like they are a necessary Gov dept. From what i can see they are just another Gov dept trying to justify their existence when Canberra gets the chimney sweep put through it next year.

All this could be alot of reserve graders or under 20's players at clubs that are mixing with criminal elements, and from what i have seen of the suburban slums in Sydneys west and South West it would be no suprise to me that young footy players are involved with these criminals. Have you seen the pumped up gimps that hang around those 2-Bob supplement shops? They are like a 2012 answer to the pinny parlour. With their tap out UFC tshirts and Bandanas.

We already know Ryan Tandy and John Elias have been up to no good. Not every player has integrity.

Let J. Edgar Hoover and his ACC do whatever. Its just another jealous Rugby League beat up.

AFL has a whole club on the juice!, Soccer has had 300 games fixed in Europe!, Rugby Union has had 4 players test positive already last year!, Boxing had Botha test positive yesterday in an already dubious betting decision with Gilligan Bin Laden Nasser but somehow League is the bad guy in big trouble. Come off it!!!

My solution is to get rid of the off season. Straight back into it on first fri in jan. no time for journos to get bored and look for scandals!

As someone who works in a dept in Canberra, let me tell you the biggest problem by far is not the depts themselves but the elected officials who like to pretend they know whats best.

Masked Eagle said:
conanu said:

As someone who works in a dept in Canberra, let me tell you the biggest problem by far is not the depts themselves but the elected officials who like to pretend they know whats best.

As another who worked for a Government department I couldnt agree with you more. Elected politicians and for that matter many heads of departments too often do things to protect or enhance their own positions, and they'll do it irrespective of its impact on their underlings and those for whom they are supposed to be responsible.

I worked in a gov dept too in Canberra, and now i work in many. We should catch up and watch a game one day!. And yes you are right about dept heads thats who i am referring to they are trying to make out that they are useful.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8