Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
ADRIAN PROSZENKO: The NRL has commissioned Deloitte to audit Manly's sports science department in the wake of the Stephen Danks drugs scandal. Danks was a sports science guru for several NRL clubs before switching to the AFL. It's understood the Deloitte investigation could include an audit of other rugby league clubs he consulted to. However the focus will undoubtedly be the Sea Eagles, where he was employed from 2006 to 2010. The club tasted premiership success during his tenure. League officials have previously used Deloitte's services, namely during the salary cap scandal which engulfed the Melbourne Storm.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sportsday-live/sportsday-live-thursday-february-7-2013-20130207-2dzkm.html#ixzz2KAwyKPjH

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/australian-rugby-league-commission-appoint-deloitte-to-audit-manly-sea-eagles-sports-science-unit/story-e6frfgbo-1226572674068

May be a good thing - assuming we are clean.

Nothing on the NRl site about Deloittes and Manly.

It would be good if this integrity unit could force the storm players to hand over all info regarding contracts.

Regardless, I'm not worried.

Let them investigate so there can be no doubt as to the clubs guilt or innocence. This is good news.

Gibbsy on 2UE just said Clubs that CLUBS are being door knocked now as we speak

So media quick to jump on Manly as per usual

John Gibbs said on 2ue that clubs are being door knocked right now. Be interesting to see what clubs

RL Gronk said:
John Gibbs said on 2ue that clubs are being door knocked right now. Be interesting to see what clubs

Shouldn't it be all clubs??

I mean a scandal as large as this, that affects several codes & sports - investigations should not pick & chose.

Gord - stressful or what !

Message from Dave Perry on the MWSE website:

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles fully support and will cooperate with any investigations by The National Rugby League, Federal and State authorities.
We applaud the Federal Government’s efforts to improve the integrity of all professional sport in Australia and condemn unreservedly any use of illegal performance enhancing substances by players.
We are unaware of any of these issues at our Club or in the game.

bones said:

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles fully support and will cooperate with any investigations by The National Rugby League, Federal and State authorities.
We applaud the Federal Government’s efforts to improve the integrity of all professional sport in Australia and condemn unreservedly any use of illegal performance enhancing substances by players.

Bold, positive & more importantly confident - can't ask for more resassurance really.
Thanks Bones :cool:

Just reading the NRL comments in the media to me it is all clubs and their sports medicine will be audited - Manly hasn't specifically been called out by the NRL

1947 said:
bones said:

Bold, positive & more importantly confident - can't ask for more resassurance really.
Thanks Bones :cool:

Although you seriously didn't expect anything else did you?

Let me guess...Is it an election year.....What a load of bullsh1t that media conference was....The Federal Minister leaning on her State ministers....The Gillard government enforcing tuff laws.....bla bla bla

FFS give some names or f@rk off...really that was crap today

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4