Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm going to ring ASADA and tell them i am Cameron Smith and that me and Billy jab eachother with Nandrolone twice a week.

Paul Kent apparently said he thought Manly were in the clear on 2KY this morning. Anyone hear this?

bones said:
Paul Kent apparently said he thought Manly were in the clear on 2KY this morning. Anyone hear this?

Coming from him would be great as he is the biggest Manly hater that lives

Kiwi Eagle said:
6 clubs is nearly half the comp though so this is going to be a ****storm when/if anything comes out

News Ltd are saying six. Doesn't make it true. How many reports had more than two AFL clubs.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
bones said:

Coming from him would be great as he is the biggest Manly hater that lives

I don't think he hates Manly. But he does hate us Manly fans.

bones said:

I heard it. He was referring to 2008. I think he said the NRL were searching for info on where supplements were obtained from but that Manly would come through that ok.

Brissie Kid said:
bones said:

I heard it. He was referring to 2008. I think he said the NRL were searching for info on where supplements were obtained from but that Manly would come through that ok.

Thanks mate.

strone33 said:
I don't think we used them, how many times were our players Injured and out of action longer than first thought? I can't recall anyone coming back from injury earlier ever

That's what I get to thinking about. How often are we here venting our frustration at our own players seeming to take extra time to return from injuries. Stewart boys, Beaver in the backend to 08, Wolfman, and the raft of players carrying niggles ALL season such as Orford, Choc and Foran.

Nothing in our playing roster and injury feedback appears to back up the wholesale, club-sanctioned[/i] usage of these types of drugs, although you can never write-off the chance of an individual being caught up in it.

bones said:

Wasn't he just a couple of days ago talking up the Manly angle for the story, giving the impression our club was up to our necks in it?

I think Kent is playing catch-up and relying on the same second-hand info the rest of us are reading.

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-regarding-acc-report/tabid/10874/newsid/70723/default.aspx

NRL statement regarding ACC report
NRL.com Sun, Feb 10, 2013 - 3:54 PM

The following is a statement from ARLC CEO Dave Smith:

“The NRL is in close and productive negotiation with the Australian Crime Commission to establish a formal mechanism by which we can inform individual clubs that they have been the subject of intelligence gathering by the ACC.

“Tony Whitlam QC is today continuing to assist the NRL in establishing a formal set of procedures with the ACC through which information can be passed to the clubs. This framework should be established in 24-48 hours.

“Once this information is passed on the NRL will not, under the guidelines outlined by the ACC, be able to identify the clubs publicly. This will be a matter for the individual clubs to consider in consultation with ASADA, the ACC and the NRL.

“While acknowledging media speculation about the number of clubs today the NRL remains bound by strict legal constraints and these have been reinforced today by both the ACC and Justice Minister Jason Clare.

“The NRL accepts that there are frustrations for players, clubs and fans, however, the significance of these matters demands they are dealt with through a proper process.”

There will be no further comment at this stage

Brissie Kid said:
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-statement-regarding-acc-report/tabid/10874/newsid/70723/default.aspx

NRL statement regarding ACC report
NRL.com Sun, Feb 10, 2013 - 3:54 PM

The following is a statement from ARLC CEO Dave Smith:

“The NRL is in close and productive negotiation with the Australian Crime Commission to establish a formal mechanism by which we can inform individual clubs that they have been the subject of intelligence gathering by the ACC.

“Tony Whitlam QC is today continuing to assist the NRL in establishing a formal set of procedures with the ACC through which information can be passed to the clubs. This framework should be established in 24-48 hours.

“Once this information is passed on the NRL will not, under the guidelines outlined by the ACC, be able to identify the clubs publicly. This will be a matter for the individual clubs to consider in consultation with ASADA, the ACC and the NRL.

“While acknowledging media speculation about the number of clubs today the NRL remains bound by strict legal constraints and these have been reinforced today by both the ACC and Justice Minister Jason Clare.

“The NRL accepts that there are frustrations for players, clubs and fans, however, the significance of these matters demands they are dealt with through a proper process.”

There will be no further comment at this stage

NRL weak as piss response.

Just noticed this while reading Gould's article re bad apples in the game in the smh. Paraphrased. Hmm Phil, ambiguous and open to interpretation. In coming weeks it might be looked back on as a clue. Or not.

"On occasion people will do the wrong thing simply through stupidity or naivety, inadvertently or because they were weak and easily led. These people we try to educate and rehabilitate. If they make the same mistakes again, well, then it's not a mistake, it's a choice and we remove them."

bones said:

Available here:

http://media.sky.apac.kitd.com/streamingVX/261056/2611/SSR/Podcasts/59/544051.mp3

Not sure how far in.

tbh if you think about it there really isn't any player on Manly that you would suspect of taking performance enhancers. None of the players have really stacked on a crazy amount of size like you hear with other players in the off season and the players don't really look like the types that have used Performance Enhancers e.g Rose, Gift, Lyon etc

Only Manly player of recent times I would suspect would be T-Rex

patorick2010 said:
bones said:

Available here:

http://media.sky.apac.kitd.com/streamingVX/261056/2611/SSR/Podcasts/59/544051.mp3

Not sure how far in.
I was told something similiar but from another journo

^^^Thats the thing about peptides brother - they are not exclusively for weight gain. They are just as effective for weight loss actually. They are a very flexible supplement that can be used for multiple purposes, depending on ones desires and the protocols one has with them. So the muscle gain thing is not necessarily a clue.

I would guess (completely biased of course) IF Manly did use them it was just for faster rehab on injured players. Morally and ethically, that may have been a way to excuse using them in the coaches heads - as it is simply getting the player back on the field quicker, not enhancing their performances on the field as such.

Lord Eagleton said:
^^^Thats the thing about peptides brother - they are not exclusively for weight gain. They are just as effective for weight loss actually. They are a very flexible supplement that can be used for multiple purposes, depending on ones desires and the protocols one has with them. So the muscle gain thing is not necessarily a clue.

I would guess (completely biased of course) IF Manly did use them it was just for faster rehab on injured players. Morally and ethically, that may have been a way to excuse using them in the coaches heads - as it is simply getting the player back on the field quicker, not enhancing their performances on the field as such.
Yes I know about peps, I've taken them to help with a knee injury

They can help strip Body fat but I also don't really see any extremely lean players on the team either, and as others have pointed out none of the players have made speedy recoveries in recent times

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8