Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Whoops.. I was having a play on words. I hope I haven't been bad. Sorry if I have

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
niccipops said:
Whoops.. I was having a play on words. I hope I haven't been bad. Sorry if I have

You know its wrong to play with your words Nicci. You'll end up with sentences.

This article (linked from the SMH here) expands on the investigation.

Something just isn't right with all of this. Another article in the telecrap (which I won't link) suggests there are players involved with the sale of drugs, strange and murky waters

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Yep the smelly graph quotes that the intelligence etc is the incrimanating evidence and the fact we have no players testing positive is irrelevant.

Rex

Bencher
On the surface the ACC announcement might appear a beatup or political distraction. But jumping to this conclusion now is rash.

The reactions of those who have been let into the inner circle have been consistent with there being major and concerning issues to be revealed.

Today's Manly Daily has Manly stepping back from the "Manly being given the all clear" position to a much more tentative, balanced and considered position, suggesting we do indeed need to wait and see, rather than jump to any conclusions.

RL Gronk

Reserve Grader
niccipops said:
I'm not going to mention anything because of don't wan't Silvertails to be at risk due to slander of my defecation but this statement by Perry quoted in SMH is interesting...
''It's only two years at this stage,'' Perry said. ''I guess out of those inquiries it may go back even further. But I think the fact that Manly was involved with specific people a fair way back might assist our case.''Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/teams-will-encourage-players-to-dob-in-dopers-20130212-2eb75.html#ixzz2KixHxdHD

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Could the source of Manly's involvement have to do with past association with Newcastle. Just a rumour flying around. Can say no more at this stage. I think you'll find Manly will be declared clean.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
Sheikheagle said:
Yep the smelly graph quotes that the intelligence etc is the incrimanating evidence and the fact we have no players testing positive is irrelevant.

If you read what’s been reported in the news thus far, the basis of the allegation is based on the Australian Crime Commission's report. ASADA has now stated it's not about the players who have been tested and provided a negative test result but it’s about the athletes who are taking PEDS and where there is no current test available to catch these new drugs that are being used by athletes.

This is becoming very murky and disturbing.

My take on it is that the ACC has been investigating this for years and tracking the transactions of these new types of PEDS being sold and delivered into the country and which mind you are currently legal to sell in Australia. The reference to organised crime gangs is that these organisations, i.e. Organised Crime Gangs are the main importer, distributor and or seller of the new types of PEDS that are coming into the county and the fact that no govenring body currently has any type of testing procedures in place that can detect these new types of PEDS.

Not to be an alarmist however this is what really concerns me about this whole mess and what implication will be directed to the teams we support.

Rex

Bencher
OneEyedEagle said:
Sheikheagle said:

If you read what’s been reported in the news thus far, the basis of the allegation is based on the Australian Crime Commission's report. ASADA has now stated it's not about the players who have been tested and provided a negative test result but it’s about the athletes who are taking PEDS and where there is no current test available to catch these new drugs that are being used by athletes.

This is becoming very murky and disturbing.

My take on it is that the ACC has been investigating this for years and tracking the transactions of these new types of PEDS being sold and delivered into the country and which mind you are currently legal to sell in Australia. The reference to organised crime gangs is that these organisations, i.e. Organised Crime Gangs are the main importer, distributor and or seller of the new types of PEDS that are coming into the county and the fact that no govenring body currently has any type of testing procedures in place that can detect these new types of PEDS.

Not to be an alarmist however this is what really concerns me about this whole mess and what implication will be directed to the teams we support.

Any players proven to have purchased PEDs or similar - will they say - yeah, sure, but they were for the missus - or brother - or a mate. If they aren't illegal, don't understand yet how the ACC or whoever is to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Then the allegation is dealing with crims. And they say they didn't know. Is suspicion of usage sufficient?

Can everybody suggesting this whole thing is a political stunt by the ALP please give it a rest?

This is Silvertails, not Politictails.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
Rex said:
OneEyedEagle said:
Sheikheagle said:

Any players proven to have purchased PEDs or similar - will they say - yeah, sure, but they were for the missus - or brother - or a mate. If they aren't illegal, don't understand yet how the ACC or whoever is to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Then the allegation is dealing with crims. And they say they didn't know. Is suspicion of usage sufficient?

The PEDS are not illegal to import or sell as yet however in a sporting capacity and as deemed by WADA illegal for use by any athlete.

We will have to wait and see what happens and what information is released if any gets released at all.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
patorick2010 said:
Can everybody suggesting this whole thing is a political stunt by the ALP please give it a rest?

This is Silvertails, not Politictails.

Y'all cant demand of us to stop being political....

Then ask 2 political questions!

It's like, bad karma dude.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
patorick2010 said:
What if I delete the last two sentences?

Then karma shall be restored, and as a package deal...I'll even delete them from my post which quoted yours...so no one will ever know!

:angel:

susan

Bencher
Hadlee bagging Gillard mercilessly and forgetting he is on TV and not radio,Gus playing it coy with his newly acquired face of seriousness ,Stephanovic declaring civilization as we know it has ceased to exist(there hasnt been a good flood for a month or so) and an ASADA spokesman without the authority to reply to anyone.

Predictable but not very informative Im afraid.Maybe the only thing that may come out of it is an official estimate of the possible number of suspensions/bannings that have been doing the rounds in various publications-but i doubt it!

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14
12 6 6 -76 14