Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
A question

Now that annesly, a liberal, has been briefe an stated that it is scary, is it all still part of a massive Gillard lead conspiracy? Can we leave the politics aside now ?

lsz said:
A question

Now that annesly, a liberal, has been briefe an stated that it is scary, is it all still part of a massive Gillard lead conspiracy? Can we leave the politics aside now ?

How about we just agree that all politicians are scaremongering wankers and talk about the footy instead?

Agree

There is some form of problem in the game (with drugs) which needs to be resolved

lsz said:
A question

Customs alerting the authorities on the importation of banned substances that could lead to the hands of athlete is scary no matter how you vote.

lsz said:
A question

I've let this go for a few days in the hope there would be further revelations. Sadly, we've had nothing!
The ACC has no relevance after this attention grabbing stunt and appears to be a puppet of the Govt.

Where are all the arrests? I thought it was supposed to be the "blackest" day in Australian sports history? We had match fixing, banned drugs, illicit drugs, organised crime but still come up empty?
All they did was tar everyone with the same brush and place all codes, players, coaches and administrators under the same banner of guilt.

No NRL players have tested positive to banned substances. All despite the big press conference.

lsz, I could spin your question around and say did you see that story on the 7.30 report last night? Was very damming on the govt.
The ABC are the last organisation in the country that would choose to suggest this was politically motivated. But the evidence by way of no arrests has forced their hand. You still think this was not brought about by an under pressure Gillard and her cronies?

Whilst ever there's a political stench about this saga, political motivation remains a major component of this story whether you like it or not.

COMMANDER said:
I think we tanked the pre-lim final against Melbourne last year.

Tony Williams, Dean Whare, Darcy Lusick and Vic Mauro were the players that led it.
Dean Whare didn't even play? He was dropped for Oldfield before the game.

WAMF this was never going to be resolved in days or even weeks

Yes the announcement was rushed (possibly due to an alleged Essendon leak) however there is something to it

Lets not let another thread get jacked with a political discussion

WAMF said:
Whilst ever there's a political stench about this saga, political motivation remains a major component of this story whether you like it or not.

So what? Everything is political. Why are tobacco and alcohol legal, while cannabis is not? How can companies who have a legal product be prevented from advertising or sponsoring certain activities? Answer: politics.

When I look at the world I see a political stench about almost everything. A small minority have vast wealth, power and privilege, and millions live in squalid poverty.

The point here is that your constant attacks on Gillard's Labor are both boring and unhelpful. There is an issue in pro sport with both illegal drugs and PEDs, and an obvious link with organised crime because that is where illegal drugs come from.

The Cowboys (or at least Neil Henry) are outraged at the unfair slur, and you are staunch in your support of the poor maligned Cowboys. I haven't actually heard Manly complaining too much about the injustice of it all. In fact I have heard Manly say we agree it is a serious issue and we will cooperate with what will be a drawn out investigation. Which exposes your position as simply an opportunistic, partisan anti-Labor/anti-trade union rant. Which has been tolerated for a week but is becoming increasingly ridiculous and annoying.

SER8, Just wondering if you saw the 7.30 report last night? I'm tipping you missed it.

I have never suggested there can't be a problem with drugs and sport and I've always maintained that exotic betting can be manipulated (so I'm not surprised about the match fixing 'potential') so you've gone off on a tangent.
I have questioned the timing of the press conference held over a week ago now that contained nothing but broad generalisations and the apparent haste in which the conference was called with 2 Govt ministers + the ACC + ASADA + the heads of each code even though those heads of codes had not yet been provided with any specifics about evidence to support that their code are full of drug cheats.
If there are cheats, get them out.

And TBH, each day that goes by without a single cheat being brought to account, my take on the situation gathers momentum.

Lastly, it's a free country, I can write what I like. You however, are equally free to not read or respond to my posts if they bother you so much (which is not my intention merely a by product of my POV )

Have a great day.

There is a general discussion for non-footy issues WAMF. You seem to have a lot to get off your chest.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
WAMF said:

your constant attacks on Gillard's Labor are both boring and unhelpful.

A bit like Gillard herself.

lsz said:
A question

And that is the level it should have remained until there was something more definitive to release publicly. The whole process reeks of an unnecessary release to change the news cycle, especially when it is clear the sports heads that day had little inkling of why they were standing there on display.

We could all have been better off NOT hearing about this now and letting the ACC and police bodies do there job and make a real case issue public at a suitable time. I just can't see why it had to be released when it did, but for a political gain.

I heard a rumour that after a tip off they raided parramattas training facility but all they found were sleeping tablets

Hamster Huey said:
lsz said:
A question

And that is the level it should have remained until there was something more definitive to release publicly. The whole process reeks of an unnecessary release to change the news cycle, especially when it is clear the sports heads that day had little inkling of why they were standing there on display.

We could all have been better off NOT hearing about this now and letting the ACC and police bodies do there job and make a real case issue public at a suitable time. I just can't see why it had to be released when it did, but for a political gain.

But HH....lsz is satisfied there was no political motive behind the announcement or the timing of that announcement. That means we all must agree with him and no-one is allowed to mention it again.

bones said:
Hamster Huey said:
lsz said:
A question

But HH....lsz is satisfied there was no political motive behind the announcement or the timing of that announcement. That means we all must agree with him and no-one is allowed to mention it again.
Omg, are you saying… some politicians may have done something for political gain??? But that would be unprecedented. Earth-shattering. A threat to democracy and life as we know it. Quick, we'd better all join the Sex Party.
:argue::p

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Omg, are you saying… some politicians may have done something for political gain??? But that would be unprecedented. Earth-shattering. A threat to democracy and life as we know it. Quick, we'd better all join the Sex Party.:argue::p
PM WAMF, he's got the details.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10