Manly vs Cowboys [Round 13, 2018] - Pre game Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
After Cowgirls we have Warriors away,Saints away, Panthers away

Going to play the real top sides on their own patch after a sweet draw.Warriors getting players back too after a lot of big names being out.

Needless to say we need to beat the team running 15th on Thursday to keep the season on life support for another week.

Looking forward to those three games actually. With a couple of players coming back and Hodkinson more settled it is a chance to see if we can be competitive in 2019. Don’t expect wins but need to be competetive.Have a great record against Warriors away so might be a chance there.

Then Storm Roosters Panthers Sharks. One positive is we do play better against the better sides and if we make the eight playing that lot over the next 2 months we will win the comp :) :)

Last edited:
I missed Friday’s game and never bothered watching the recording of it so tell me how did the Immortal go at Hooker for 80 minutes???

He was hooked after around 20-25 minutes, that sums up the coach's thoughts on his form that night mate. The ruck defence was loose, his individual defense was horrible and his service from dummy half was poor (I'm sure there were several forward passes from him that went unpunished).

He was hooked after around 20-25 minutes, that sums up the coach's thoughts on his form that night mate. The ruck defence was loose, his individual defense was horrible and his service from dummy half was poor (I'm sure there were several forward passes from him that went unpunished).
He should never be picked again, unless he’s the last man standing because he brings vulnerability and weakness to any position he plays, including dummy half. I thought he might have gone okay against the Raiders, considering he’s out of contract and should have had a point to prove. The pass he threw over Hodko’s head when we were looking at a field goal, epitomises Lewis Brown... EVERY player in our squad is miles ahead of this guy in ability. He might be a decent fellow, but the man is barely NSW cup standard and should retire from the game. I cannot think of a worse current first grade footballer. And anybody who wants to cling onto the myth that he can cover a handful of positions, or our lack of options obviously hasn’t watched enough of his games. If Barrett can pick Sipley and not play him, then Tom Wright should be chosen ahead of Brown. I don’t have anything against the bloke, he tries hard, unfortunately, he’s a complete ship wreck whenever he’s on a first grade football field.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Team - Kick off 7.50pm this Thursday at Lottoland, Brookvale

1 Matthew Wright - proudly brought to you by Embroid and Brand

2 Jorge Taufua - proudly brought to you by Prestige Worldwide

3 Moses Suli - proudly brought to you by Avalon Air

4 Brian Kelly - proudly brought to you by Cross Excavation

5 Akuila Uate - proudly brought to you by Prestige Roofing

6 Trent Hodkinson - proudly brought to you by DMK Forest Products

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c) - proudly brought to you by Bennelong Energy Services

8 Addin Fonua-Blake - proudly brought to you by Pontoon 8

9 Api Koroisau - proudly brought to you by Aussie Gems

10 Martin Taupau - proudly brought to you by Urban Building

11 Joel Thompson - proudly brought to you by Project Station

12 Frank Winterstein - proudly brought to you by Smythe Estate Agents

13 Shaun Lane - proudly brought to you by Footpower

Interchange

14 Brad Parker - proudly brought to you by CLA Lighting

15 Jack Gosiewski - proudly brought to you by Innovative Print Solutions

16 Lloyd Perrett - - proudly brought to you by Beachwheels

17 Toafofoa Sipley - - proudly brought to you by Acenet Solutions

18 Tom Wright

19 Lewis Brown

20 Jonathan Wright

21 Tevita Funa

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2...t---round-13/?camefrom=EMCL_2299470_100070143

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Team - Kick off 7.50pm this Thursday at Lottoland, Brookvale

1 Matthew Wright - proudly brought to you by Embroid and Brand

2 Jorge Taufua - proudly brought to you by Prestige Worldwide

3 Moses Suli - proudly brought to you by Avalon Air

4 Brian Kelly - proudly brought to you by Cross Excavation

5 Akuila Uate - proudly brought to you by Prestige Roofing

6 Trent Hodkinson - proudly brought to you by DMK Forest Products

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c) - proudly brought to you by Bennelong Energy Services

8 Addin Fonua-Blake - proudly brought to you by Pontoon 8

9 Api Koroisau - proudly brought to you by Aussie Gems

10 Martin Taupau - proudly brought to you by Urban Building

11 Joel Thompson - proudly brought to you by Project Station

12 Frank Winterstein - proudly brought to you by Smythe Estate Agents

13 Shaun Lane - proudly brought to you by Footpower

Interchange

14 Brad Parker - proudly brought to you by CLA Lighting

15 Jack Gosiewski - proudly brought to you by Innovative Print Solutions

16 Lloyd Perrett - - proudly brought to you by Beachwheels

17 Toafofoa Sipley - - proudly brought to you by Acenet Solutions

18 Tom Wright

19 Lewis Brown

20 Jonathan Wright

21 Tevita Funa

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2...t---round-13/?camefrom=EMCL_2299470_100070143
Good side... no excuses against a very weak Cowboys side. If Scott gets suspended, we win by plenty.

Woodsie i thought his dummy half play was ****house , but i was watching a different tv to you i suppose.

I might have gone too easy on him as I am a kind soul .... but I am happy to change my rating .....

Yeah that team is looking alright. Jetski back into the squad and M Wright is dependable at FB (no world beater but does the job).

Interesting one is Parker instead of TWright at Utility.

Cowboys: 1 Lahlan Coote, 2 Kyle Feldt, 3 Justin O’Neill, 4 Enari Tuala, 5 Antonio Winterstein, 6 Te Maire Martin, 7 Johnathan Thurston (c), 8 Matthew Scott (c), 9 Jake Granville, 10 Scott Bolton, 11 Shaun Fensom, 12 Ethan Lowe, 13 Jason Taumalolo

Interchange: 14 Ben Hampton, 15 Sam Hoare, 16 Corey Jensen, 17 Francis Molo

Reserves: 18 Kane Linnett, 19 Jake Clifford, 20 Mitchell Dunn, 21 Javid Bowen

North Queensland’s Matt Scott will join Graham via video link at the judiciary on Tuesday night, after he’d earlier elected to fight his one-game ban for a shoulder charge on Monday.

They are 15th, as old as the hills,with 4 origin players out including Morgan, have zero confidence and we are playing at home with the season on the line.

I think we will win but if excuses get trotted out after this game they should fall on deaf ears.

Last edited:
Looks like an ok cowboys side to me.
It looks like a tired, aging side to me, and that’s the way they have been playing all season. Sure they have players capable of doing something special ala Feldt last weekend when he took that catch to score a try. But they are very short on speed, and their forward pack is made up of honest 80 min toilers (apart from Taumalolo obviously) Fensom, Lowe, Bolton, Jenson, Hoare, Molo... none of them are 120 plus metres a game forwards. Coote is slow, so too is Winterstein and Feldt. Their lack of pace and impact forwards has stood out like Dogs balls to me. The last couple of weeks they have been a much improved side with Morgan at FB, but he’s not playing, and if they lose Scott as well, I just can’t see how they are able to contain us in the middle when big Taumalolo goes off... and they sure as sh1t aren’t going to be running around us, despite the speed we lose in Turbo and Walker. Time will tell I guess...

It’s a strange one, I’m not sure how many more chances Uate can be given. Obviously the club aren’t happy with his form given he has been told he won’t be re-signed.

I was hoping Parker would be in to replace Uate with T Wright on the bench. Glad to see Parker in the side regardless.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12