Manly vs Cowboys [Round 13, 2018] - Pre game Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just wanted to make this thread so we have a place to discuss Thursday's game
Few things to consider
Coming off 2 straight defeats at home .. that is at Brookvale oval , not how we like it.
Game start 7:50pm , we have not had a Thursday night game in years.
Who will be missing for both sides come Thursday.?
Early stages but manly by 2 but not confident at all
One last thing this will be our only home game at brookvale until July 14 Saturday 5:30 pm vs storm can't wait for this rematch.
My point being get out and support the boys at brookvale on Thursday if you can , won't see them play at home for just about 5-6 weeks ,they need our support more than ever.

Last edited:
Things will be a lot clearer following the origin teams being announced on Monday. From our perspective both Trbojevic’s will be pick, even though Tom’s form is up and down. They have Scott out suspended (although he would have been in Origin), Morgan will certainly be picked, then you have Hess and Gavin Cooper potentially also picked with Granville an outsider.

Yes @davohan123 I too will be happy just to get a win by 1 or 2 points! I fear what the crowd will be on a Thursday (weekday) night but I'll definitely be at Brookie to cheer them on.

Until the origin teams are announced, its anyone's guess what our team will be. One thing's for sure - someone's going to have to do the 40 odd tackles and umpteen metres Jake normally does.

Yes @davohan123 I too will be happy just to get a win by 1 or 2 points! I fear what the crowd will be on a Thursday (weekday) night but I'll definitely be at Brookie to cheer them on.

Until the origin teams are announced, its anyone's guess what our team will be. One thing's for sure - someone's going to have to do the 40 odd tackles and umpteen metres Jake normally does.
Morgan has been about the only back that’s looked dangerous the last two rounds, and Scott was just starting to come good as well. Apart from Taumalolo and Scott, the Cowboys have virtually no go forward. If Hess ends up getting picked, we’ll put forty on them.

Cows will just target Uate - simples @:cry:

Baz has to have 'the talk' this week . Kapow must never pass within our 20 and our Wingers must trust their inside men :wait:

Manly can win this as they know that they fcked up on an easy win on Friday :banghead:

Anyone seen Thurston play this year?

Without a doubt the worst No 7 in the NRL.

Talk about playing one year too long.

Just watch him fire at Brookie next week.
And ZtH was revving up the fans in his column to come out and watch Thurston on Thursday night.

He did a similar thing in 2016 and we lost.

Don"t think that the Cowboys have been going as bad as their ladder position indicates . Didn "t see much of the respective games but apparently were a little unlucky against the in form Souths and just fell short against the Storm , so will still need a very consistent and committed effort by Manly to finish on top . Cowboys might only be missing Morgan and Hess and possibly Cooper [ and Scott is no certainty ] , and Manly of course with two of our most important players in Jake and [ most likely ] Tom [ and not too sure about the extent of Hunt "s injury ] Anyway still should be a very winnable game for the Sea Eagles and as usual hope the side can deliver and especially with the home game .

Anyone seen Thurston play this year?

Without a doubt the worst No 7 in the NRL.

Talk about playing one year too long.

Just watch him fire at Brookie next week.
Foran is worse

Another 5k crowd coming up with a Thursday night and both teams without their best players Well done NRL

Well having been internetlessness since Friday morning I happily missed all of the **** that went on ( and the loss) , didn’t even get the score until returned into Phone range at lunch time today.

Hope we do better this Thursday but with the Turbo’s out that’s going to be pretty hard I’m guessing.

I don’t think I’ll bother reading the game day thread but I gather we were in front and couldn’t close it out allowing a late try and then they kicked a field goal????

Does that about sum it up?

Last edited:
Well having been internetlessness since Friday morning I happily missed all of the **** that went on ( and the loss) , didn’t even get the score until returned into Phone range at lunch tomorrow me today.

Hope we do better this Thursday but with the Turbo’s out that’s going to be pretty hard I’m guessing.

I don’t think I’ll bother reading the game day thread but I gather we were in front and couldn’t close it out allowing a late try and then they kicked a field goal????

Does that about sum it up?
Perfectly. Given your abilities, what's going to happen on Thursday Mark?

Barrett wont drop Uate. Barrett is far too conservative to drop players unless there's serious blundering over many weeks. If the two Trbojevics are missing, he'll use Matt Wright at FB and just bring up one of his bench to cover JT 's absnece. I'd be more adventurous, especially given this team needs a spark or two, but Barrett wont do anything he doesnt consider safe..evenf if its down right boring and loses us the game. What chance DCE for SOO...no chance. Walters is one of those anti-DCE school. Makes it better for us though..

Morgan, Hess and Cooper will all be picked according to the Courier Mail, Matt Scott will not be picked but unless he’s found not guilty of a shoulder charge won’t be there.

Big blow to their forwards.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6