Manly vs Cowboys [Round 13, 2018] - Pre game Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We lose a lot of strike with Tom and Jake out but then get Api back. Would love to see Tom Wright play fullback to bring back some x-factor but won't be surprised to see Baz play it safe with Matt Wright. Fullback is one of the toughest positions to play in the modern game, both defensively and offensively. I'd rate M Wright a better defensive fullback than Turbo and I don't think Tom Wright is anywhere near as good as Turbo in that aspect either. Let's see what Baz ends up going for. I think it'll be:

1. Matt Wright/Tom Wright
2. Uate
3. Kelly
4. Suli
5. Taufua
6. Hodko
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Api
10. Marty
11. Thommo
12. Gosiewski
13. Lane

14. Brown/T Wright
15. Winterstein
16. Perrett
17. Paseka/Sipley

That is exactly the line up we will get. Matt Wright will 100% be at FB and then it will be down to whether Brown or Wright are picked on the bench.

That is exactly the line up we will get. Matt Wright will 100% be at FB and then it will be down to whether Brown or Wright are picked on the bench.

Don't discount the possibility of Parker on the #14 ....

My Side for this week:

1. M Wright
2. Horhey
3. Suli
4. Kels
5. Aku
6. Trent
7. Daly
8. AFB
9. Api
10. Marty
11. Thomspon
12. penny
13. Jetski

14. T Wright
15. Paseka??????????? (If paseka still injured than winterstein)
16. Perrett
17. Sipley

Cows will just target Uate - simples @:cry:

Baz has to have 'the talk' this week . Kapow must never pass within our 20 and our Wingers must trust their inside men :wait:

Manly can win this as they know that they fcked up on an easy win on Friday :banghead:

How about Barrett actually coaches this week and drops Uate ,doesn't keep Kapow on too long so he can minimize his stupid errors. Rotates the bench,gets the players to practice putting the ball carrier on their back and hit harder in defence. And if its not too much to ask get the halves to practice short grubbers and field goals!!!

Last edited:
How about Barrett actually coaches this week and drops Uate ,doesn't keep Kapow on too long so he can minimize his stupid errors. Rotates the bench,gets the players to practice putting the ball carrier on their back and hit harder in defence. And if its not too much to ask get the halves to practice short grubbers an field goals!!!
I'm waiting for pictures of a full day of ball skills from Narra:handok:

Today they have a portfolio of Manly playing at being firefighters :confused:

The absence of Jurbo and Turbo will force Manly to have new structures at least. There's been too much reliance on our LHS attack :cool:

Suli hat trick coming up :nod:

The @nthqldcowboys will fight @MattScott85's shoulder charge charge at the @NRL judiciary @7NewsTownsville

I've seen the incident and I'd be surprised if he got off - he comes into the tackle leading with the shoulder with contact made. After that he then brings his arms around, but no doubt the initial contact is from the shoulder without any motion of wrapping his arms for a tackle.
He'll get off, let's not forget who the Cowgirls are playing this week

Wright M will be fullback, that’s a guarantee!

And Brown L the utility, not a guarantee!

And one of the bench forwards into Jakes spot, that’s also a guarantee.

Otherwise normal transmission applies.

Parker the utility that would be insane but hey Barrett is the coach so anything ludicrous is on the cards.

You really need to stop shagging the long haired cattle (regardless of how attractive you find them) stealing sheep and chasing haggis ... come down from the highlands where the lack of oxygen rich air is making you a bitter and cranky one show pony ......

and PS ... you are correct, Parker would be about my 6th choice for a #14 .... but unless Hasting has suddenly stopped being a numbnut, or you prefer Brown, number 6 choice is where we are up to ....

and PSS ... Parker can cover wing/centre/fullback which would allow M. Wright to cover 5/8 and hooker ....

Is going to require some thought for the back row trying to cover Jake "s ball playing role out the back unless Baz changes the playing format a bit . Don't think that Lane would be suited there , Thomo would be wasted there , not sure if Jet Ski can play this type of role and would probably not be considered just returning from an injury . Frank is versatile but not probably in that aspect , really hard to say again if Baz still wants some ball playing out the back for this game from a back rower . Who advocated Suli to the forwards [ just joking] Certainly hope that Parker can have a better run with injuries for the rest of this season and if fit would not look put place on the bench .[ as would Tom Wright ] but also expect to see Brown there again .

Barrett said in the last presser we have 2-3 players returning this week hopefully. This team could push the Cows imo.

01. Matt Wright
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Moses Suli
05. Akuila Uate
06. Trent Hodkinson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Api Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jack Gosiewski

14. Lewis Brown
15. Lloyd Perrett
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Kelepi Tanginoa

I missed Friday’s game and never bothered watching the recording of it so tell me how did the Immortal go at Hooker for 80 minutes???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11