Manly vs Cowboys [Round 13, 2018] - Pre game Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Taupau can match or get the better of Taumololo in the forwards, we should have them covered in all other areas. Api coming back in is a huge plus, not such a bad thing having the week off with all the work he does up the middle. Their backline is one of the worst and slowest in the comp - no excuses!

Morgan, Hess and Cooper will all be picked according to the Courier Mail, Matt Scott will not be picked but unless he’s found not guilty of a shoulder charge won’t be there.

Big blow to their forwards.
Bring on the good news feathered friend .

1. Wright
2. Parker (But Uate will be there)
3. Suli
4. Kelly
5. Taufua
6. Hodkinson
7. DCE
8. Taupau
9. Api
10. AFB
11. Gosiewski
12. Thompson
13. Lane

14. Brown
15. Winterstein
16. Sipley
17. Perret

1. Wright
3. Suli
4. Kelly
5. Taufua
6. Hodkinson
7. DCE
8. Taupau
9. Api
10. AFB
11. Gosiewski
12. Thompson
13. Lane

14. Brown
15. Winterstein
16. Sipley
17. Perret
Paseka might be back this week as well. He comes straight in for Sipley and our bench looks a lot stronger.

Morgan, Hess and Cooper will all be picked according to the Courier Mail, Matt Scott will not be picked but unless he’s found not guilty of a shoulder charge won’t be there.

Big blow to their forwards.

Yeap all three were picked, so they wont play this weekend.

The rumour is both turbo's will be picked. Jake is a definite, but Tom still a mabye (looking likely though).

1. Wright
3. Suli
4. Kelly
5. Taufua
6. Hodkinson
7. DCE
8. Taupau
9. Api
10. AFB
11. Gosiewski
12. Thompson
13. Lane

14. Brown
15. Winterstein
16. Sipley
17. Perret

Given the way he was hooked on Friday night after about 20-25 minutes, surely Trent has had enough of Lewis Brown. Given Api can and should play 80 minutes, I'd be happier with Tom Wright as utility cover on the bench.

Given the way he was hooked on Friday night after about 20-25 minutes, surely Trent has had enough of Lewis Brown. Given Api can and should play 80 minutes, I'd be happier with Tom Wright as utility cover on the bench.

Surely to God, Brown does not get another look in (unless there is an injury crisis again).

He used to be a pretty handy first grader. Used to be. Now he is a jersey grabbing liability.

At this stage of the season, I'm happy for Tom Wright to have the utility spot for valuable experience.

We should beat that Cowboys team by 10+

Api back, Paseka and Tanginoa close to returning, as well as Gosiewski......some depth returning means the Poo is flushed!

If tommy gets picked and Wright goes back to fullback who else will you have on the bench as cover?

If tommy gets picked and Wright goes back to fullback who else will you have on the bench as cover?

Tom Wright.

But alas, it will be Brown no doubt.

I defend Barrett on here against some rubbish calls on his ability.

But I will never defend his selection of Brown. The guy is a hack.

Of course with our luck, JT is playing for them. whereas he's obviously missed all these pre origin games for years

The @nthqldcowboys will fight @MattScott85's shoulder charge charge at the @NRL judiciary @7NewsTownsville

I've seen the incident and I'd be surprised if he got off - he comes into the tackle leading with the shoulder with contact made. After that he then brings his arms around, but no doubt the initial contact is from the shoulder without any motion of wrapping his arms for a tackle.

Last edited:
The @nthqldcowboys will fight @MattScott85's shoulder charge charge at the @NRL judiciary @7NewsTownsville

I've seen the incident and I'd be surprised if he got off - he comes into the tackle leading with the shoulder with contact made. After that he then brings his arms around, but no doubt the initial contact is from the shoulder without any motion of wrapping his arms for a tackle.

Watch him get off. You can just sense it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8