Manly vs Cowboys [Round 13, 2018] - Pre game Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
That is a good point.

I still think with the Cows losing the heart of their pack (Lolo excepted of course) and Api back, we should have some points in us.

I reckon Api will go nuts through the ruck in this game off the back of Taupau and AFB. Hopefully Kelly lurks and supports the runners......
Granville is a danger. He's a top player and I hope we can keep him quiet.

Kevinward777

First Grader
It’s a strange one, I’m not sure how many more chances Uate can be given. Obviously the club aren’t happy with his form given he has been told he won’t be re-signed.

I was hoping Parker would be in to replace Uate and T Wright on the bench. Glad to see Parker in the side regardless.
Apart from his defence, I don’t get the push for Parker in the backline
Yeah, but.. on a typical slow track at night at Brookie and with 3 of our best attackers out is a whole new ball game.
No way... they look so bad... Thurston is a shadow of his former self, and their most potent player from the last two weeks is playing Origin. They literally have no forwards apart from Taumalolo... and we all know how hard it is for halves to dominate without good go forward. Contain Taumalolo and Granville and we should flog them.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Missing Scott, Hess, Cooper it’s a weak pack....basically stop Taumo, which in turn stops Granville and Thurston.
They have a lack of speed out wide where only Feldt should cause any head aches.
With API back and DCE a point to prove, Manly should win well off a power game led by Marty and AFB.
Also Lane and Thompson who has really stepped up recently, will threaten this opposition all game.
The only way to throw this game is attitude and energy being low.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Missing Scott, Hess, Cooper it’s a weak pack....basically stop Taumo, which in turn stops Granville and Thurston.
They have a lack of speed out wide where only Feldt should cause any head aches.
With API back and DCE a point to prove, Manly should win well off a power game led by Marty and AFB.
Also Lane and Thompson who has really stepped up recently, will threaten this opposition all game.
The only way to throw this game is attitude and energy being low.
Spot on.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Still think this game is a real toss of the coin but will lean towards the Eagles only because we are at home.

I think it’s now certain that we won’t be appearing in the finals ( although a run of 4-5 straight wins could do it) but it’s imperative we keep winning some games and Parramatta keep losing most.

I said a few weeks ago that even after 5 straight losses we wouldn’t win the spoon, and I’m sure of that now.

We are good enough to beat most teams ( not all) on any given day barring further injury.

This game however is a MUST WIN!!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Frank is no great defender, but I'd trust him to stop someone like Taumalolo more than I would Jetski.

Frank is the best defender we have .... nil missed tackles .... he doesn't go in for the big hit ... (how is that working out for GoJetSki) ...
and he may give them an extra yard ... but he gets them ... he always gets them ..

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
If I thought we were screwed then I'd just come out and say it but half the top 8 still looks very vulnerable and with Tanginoa, Paseka and Walker still to return we just need to win 2 of our next 4 leading into the bye and then it's game on.

manly al

First Grader
Manly has gone really well against the Cowboys in the last couple of encounters and gave then a real touch up in Townsville last season and mainly based on some really good defence that literally shut them out of the match . Hopefully if they can replicate this tomorrow night and execute an effective power game with their strong looking forward pack to provide enough attacking opportunities , this really should be sufficient to get the still important points . B T W , who are the two appointed refs for the game ?.

Paw93

Reserve Grader
Api is a huge inclusion for us. Having a genuine 9 makes a huge difference to any side. Brown and M Wright were terrible at 9 last week so we can expect a much better performance from our halves. Have to say that not having a real backup hooker in our squad came back to hurt us last week and if Api were to be out for a longer period of time, we'd be gone for the season.

Class of 96

Bencher
EBD20B5D-938D-4632-94CC-2FF1704790A7.jpeg

double hoops

First Grader
I missed Friday’s game and never bothered watching the recording of it so tell me how did the Immortal go at Hooker for 80 minutes???
Marky Mark it was sad. Browny's legs have gone. He just didn't have the leg speed to defend in the ruck.
Matty Wright into hooker and the gate was closed. There is nothing Matty Wright can't do and do well. If he had to play lock this week. The champ would get the job done.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Marky Mark it was sad. Browny's legs have gone. He just didn't have the leg speed to defend in the ruck.
Matty Wright into hooker and the gate was closed. There is nothing Matty Wright can't do and do well. If he had to play lock this week. The champ would get the job done.

M Wright is often maligned on here however he is the jack of all trades and gives 100% every week.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15