Post-Game Discussion Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Warriors
44 4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

Last week post match Tevaga bagged Walsh and Johnson, tonight Egan was on post match saying that players weren’t NRL standard. Huge issues and I heard Lodge started plenty of them
The stress of being away for such a long time must be part of the problem for the Warriors, I feel for them really. To have a talented young payer like Harris Tevita walking away probably says a lot about the mood in the camp

Bloody hell. Corey Parker was giving it to Johnson big time. And rightly so.
I thought the criticism of Johnson at Cronulla was unfair, he was playing decent footy and at 400k he was a fantastic signing for the Warriors

He hasn’t been interested though, don’t know if leaving his wife and child back in NZ has played a part, but most Warriors fans want him to retire immediately

Lol Jesus, even when he isn’t playing people can find a way to bag DCE

I know it's harsh - but we were steered around the park in a much more direct and confident manner don't you think? I thought our backrowers got the ball faster (BOTH Davey and Olakau'atu). Meant we got a roll on much more efficiently, and that's mostly been our problem.

We've seen the performance mate, and I really don't think it's something we can ignore. We seemed a MUCH more efficient, and well oiled machine, with much, MUCH less breakdowns in play and momentum.

Just my opinion.

I know it's harsh - but we were steered around the park in a much more direct and confident manner don't you think? I thought our backrowers got the ball faster (BOTH Davey and Olakau'atu). Meant we got a roll on much more efficiently, and that's mostly been our problem.

We've seen the performance mate, and I really don't think it's something we can ignore. We seemed a MUCH more efficient, and well oiled machine, with much, MUCH less breakdowns in play and momentum.

Just my opinion.
Honestly mate, the Warriors were terrible, and we rumbled over the top of them from set 1. The halves tonight had all the time in the world. When our forwards did that last season, DCE put Saab away for a thousand tries

The true halfback performance I look at this season was our win against the Raiders, where DCE kicked them to death. We don’t have anyone else in our squad capable of that. He isn’t the perfect player but we could do a ****load worse

People need to be careful what they wish for with DCE, there is a dearth of talent in the NRL at that position, and we have a guy up at the pointy end of the bunch

Maybe but my first impression was that the improvement in our go forward was because the Warriors were not there. Seriously I can't think of a weaker display in NRL than what they dished up in the first half. Manly were up for it no doubt about that, should have been up by 30 at half time but Schu let the pressure off at the end of the half.
Foz was good and so was Schu but his errors against better opposition could have sunk us.

FMD, come on here after a 44-12 win and people are still whinging !!

We did what we needed to do, albeit against a **** side, and players should get some confidence from that

**** I’m concerned for the future of rugby league in this country though, the Warriors are the joke of NZ sport and the Kiwis barely play
Said it before this game NZ are a good chance for the spoon this year. Had it not been for two 1pt wins they’d be right there with the dogs. Where are their wins gonna come from?

Honestly mate, the Warriors were terrible, and we rumbled over the top of them from set 1. The halves tonight had all the time in the world. When our forwards did that last season, DCE put Saab away for a thousand tries

The true halfback performance I look at this season was our win against the Raiders, where DCE kicked them to death. We don’t have anyone else in our squad capable of that. He isn’t the perfect player but we could do a ****load worse

People need to be careful what they wish for with DCE, there is a dearth of talent in the NRL at that position, and we have a guy up at the pointy end of the bunch

Fair call mate (and @SeaEagleRock8 ), it'll be very interesting to see how we fare against much more fancied opposition in the next few weeks to month. Attitude is everything, and we had it in bucket-loads tonight.

Said it before this game NZ are a good chance for the spoon this year. Had it not been for two 1pt wins they’d be right there with the dogs. Where are their wins gonna come from?
Yeah they’ve got nothing. Walsh hasn’t scored a try this season and he is it attacking wise. AFB is a massive loss for them. Play like they did tonight in 2 weeks and Penrith might threaten the 91-3

Fair call mate (and @SeaEagleRock8 ), it'll be very interesting to see how we fare against much more fancied opposition in the next few weeks to month. Attitude is everything, and we had it in bucket-loads tonight.
We didn’t get the points, but the effort against Parra showed me enough that the team has something under the left tit. Morally we won that game that night, but didn’t get the 2 points

Kicking is one of the responsibilities of a halfback, although it is also a responsibility of a 5/8

Leading/directing attack is the key role of a halfback, and typically (as with manly), the 5/8 is subordinate to the half when it comes to attack

For mine dce and manly would benefit from him wearing the 6 for the rest of the year, and foran should wear the 7. It may be just a number, but I think it was noticeable (and predicted by a few on here) that we looked more natural with ball in hand today. Dce can be the kicker, but Foran nailed his kicks tonight too.

It just makes sense, I don’t know why dce should be so rigidly fixed to a role that hasn’t neccessarily (or at least consistently) worked since barrett joined us. He was made to be a directing, dominant “thurston” when tbaz arrived, but he’s only been successful next to 5/8’s that take pressure off him and take responsibility directing the attack.

While foz is handy at 5/8, I think making him the main playmaker would prove huge for manly and dce. I think the idea shouldn’t be so taboo/blasphemous either. Just because some people don’t think dce is a suitable/optimal traditional halfback doesn’t mean he’s not a fantastic player. He just needs to be used right, as with all players.

His kicking, as you mentioned, is typically all class. His attack can be too, but not for 80 minutes in a directing type role. He’s more of an opportunist in my opinion, and that’s an extremely valuable trait in a 5/8, like Munster. You can tell Foz likes getting the chance to organise things, that’s likely part of the reason why he went to the Eels. And he won player of the year as dogs halfback, who fell apart completely in attack after he left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10