Post-Game Discussion Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Warriors
44 4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 19:35
80th minute

Match Stats

Strong disagree from me - Foran on the right edge just highlighted that DCE cannot pass the ball to the right player at the right time. - We absolutely do not need a hooker who cannot do that, it would cramp our attack up on both sides.
Strong Disagree from me....

because you dont need a plan B if you have a DCE !

DCE has about 50 highlight reels
here are just a few for you @QueefRichards

Strong Disagree from me....

because you dont need a plan B if you have a DCE !

You know this is crap because we haven't won in the last 10 years with DCE at halfback. There needs to be a plan B.

DCE has about 50 highlight reels
here are just a few for you @QueefRichards

Judging a player based on highlights is a mugs game

Cameron Smith is the greatest playmaker the game has seen and he's got less highlight reels than Jason Saab.

Playmaking is about making the right decision at the right time (like Foran making Haumole run onto the ball at speed) and that can look pretty unspectacular and wont make it on some YouTube highlight reel but it wins matches

DCE can make the magic happen but he also stifles plays pretty much every match because of his subpar decisionmaking. It isn't good enough for a $1M+ playmaker

Last edited:
I think DCE would make a great hooker. He would give crisper passes than Croker. He loves running so scooting from dummy half would suit him. Gives us another option to kick from dummy half. He can tackle well also. As long as he doesn't have decisions which he won't in the middle. His creativity will add to the side whilst at the same time not affecting our structure in the halves. Croker to utility instead of Lawton

Play foran and Shuster in the halves and next season blood Humphries.

I just rewatched the entire match. IMO, criticism of Schuster's game is unfounded. In the first half he threw one poor pass which went to ground (Jake & Croker also each had one misdirected pass which went to ground). In the second half, he seemed a bit switched off when the ball was kicked for the Murchie no try. Otherwise, his major error was the flick pass round the back near our goal line which went to ground and preceded a Warriors try. It appears to me he loses focus when tired.

I think some people have unrealistic expectations of players who are returning from injury. It takes a while to find rhythym & form. For example, Turbo only started showing his true form in the Eels game (IMO). I suggest that those who are critical of Schuster give him more time to find fitness & form before making assessments. By the way, that lazy flick pass behind his back was the only no look pass that went to ground. We'll know he is in form when there is less lateral passing and there is more digging into the line. Except for one occasion, his short kicking game was very accurate.

I think DCE would make a great hooker. He would give crisper passes than Croker. He loves running so scooting from dummy half would suit him. Gives us another option to kick from dummy half. He can tackle well also. As long as he doesn't have decisions which he won't in the middle. His creativity will add to the side whilst at the same time not affecting our structure in the halves. Croker to utility instead of Lawton

Play foran and Shuster in the halves and next season blood Humphries.
We would be a seriously improved and well balanced team if this were to ever actually happen. DCE and his management will never accept this however

Judging a player based on highlights is a mugs game
Spare me the mugs game feathered friend

Dont even go there

Dce has nothing to prove and in his illustrious and decorated career he keeps on bouncing back to his best and keeps proving the doubter wrong

Premiership winner
Grand final best player Clive churchill medal
Captain of Manly
Captain of QLD
Captain of Australia

The moral of the story .....
No one gets big money for being a Mug

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In DCE's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In DCE's world
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
In DCE's world
1654560716681.png

Last edited:
First of all congrats guys! Just too good for us! Obviously the warriors are in a bad place, but shouldnt taken anything away from how you guys went about the game without DCE and TTurbo.

Not sure if you guys know but we had a forum bet, so as promised (albeit a lil late) i have updated nzwarriors.com to have silvertails as the logo for the next 7 days.

btw the crossthread stuff up is due to me. i will get time one of these days to provide the related info to dan and nashy. Sorry!
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 1.33.54 pm.png

screen-shot-2022-06-08-at-1-33-54-pm-png.21326

So there it is ladies and boys...

It may be small... but it's up on their site.

"Noice"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10