Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
26 4 Pines Park
16 Apr 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

smith-todd-head-shot.png

Todd Smith
Referee​
Should have got hank to have a word in his shell like, ranga to ranga

What an absolute load of rubbish. They only had 40% of the ball, lost Croker, Keppie and Koula to headknocks while Olakau’atu couldn’t continue, Garrick was playing on 1 leg and Aloiai came back on when injured. To call them lazy and slack on the back of that is an embarrassment
Have you asked yourself why we only had 40 per cent of the ball in the second half?

And don't give me the ref rubbish.

We are our own enemy.

We carried on like we had already won that at half time in the sheds.

Then came out of the shed without the same intensity, didn't roll up our sleeves like we did in the first.

We invited the Titans back in. Not the Ref

If anything the HIA and getting fresh legs out there with a free interchanges given all we wanted to do was tackle in the 2nd half, saved us.

If we are too Lazy to play 80, don't expect to compete with the top 4.

What do we do with Keppie?

Some brilliant hard front on hits as always... but, lazy inside covering defence AGAIN and another dropped ball in attacking position when we finally got it back after being under pressure. It's frustrating to watch the same problems in his game repeated ad nauseam.
The guy doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes ffs

We could be in trouble next week... 3 players coming off his protocol's with short torn around and Garrick doesn't look likely either!
I think next week is limit the damage on the scoreboard and focus on south’s 8 days later , have not beaten then in ages and that game up at Gosford is the game out of the 2 where I would target.

That's what can happen when the ref decides to even up a one-sided match after half time.
The only penalty Manly received in the second half was thanks to the Bunker, not the ref. Then the Tits' kick-off failed to go 10 metres so the ref had to rule a penalty.
I made the penalty count 7-6 to the Tits, and the 6-agains 6-4 to the Tits.

I think next week is limit the damage on the scoreboard and focus on south’s 8 days later , have not beaten then in ages and that game up at Gosford is the game out of the 2 where I would target.
Hopefully Shoe, Marty and Harper back next week - still got Bullemore available. We should be ok - hopefully Storm and Sharks bash each other

We are our own enemy.

We carried on like we had already won that at half time in the sheds.

Then came out of the shed without the same intensity, didn't roll up our sleeves like we did in the first.

We invited the Titans back in. Not the Ref

If anything the HIA and getting fresh legs out there with a free interchanges given all we wanted to do was tackle in the 2nd half, saved us.

If we are too Lazy to play 80, don't expect to compete with the top 4.

The error count wasn’t high, 7 all game, so obviously it is because they got continual penalties as well as 6 agains and getting the ball back after scoring.

The 3 tries they scored in the 2nd half, one was created by lazy defence, the others were off the back of last tackle kicks from memory

Having less available players for the back end of the game saved us ? Interesting theory considering a bloke like Davey ended up well over his normal minute count but kept on going

The current game is a momentum based game, we had it in the first half due to them making plenty of errors and having good field position, in the 2nd half they got the running of things

You are correct that effort is nowhere near the top teams, toss Tom, Schuster and Taupau back into the lineup and we may be talking about that game differently

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

What do we do with Keppie?

Some brilliant hard front on hits as always... but, lazy inside covering defence AGAIN and another dropped ball in attacking position when we finally got it back after being under pressure. It's frustrating to watch the same problems in his game repeated ad nauseam.
Bit hard to blame him for the dropped ball. He was out cold after slamming his head on the ground. The defensive issue I agree with.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8