Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
26 4 Pines Park
16 Apr 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

Two from two without Turbo. Short turn around against a good Sharks outfit.

The Titans did what they are capable of in the second half luckily they didn't do it in the first half, otherwise it would have been game over. We struggle against that fast style of play.

Looks like we might have some injury concerns.

Fingers crossed.

Missed the game. Only getting silvertails updates. Sounded like a great first half, disappointing second half.

Who was the ref, absolute shocker
Who is that ref? That is the third time I've noticed him having a really poor game. One of the three was another one of our games too. He's pathetic.
Who was that ref? Yet another one to worry about I'd say! Titans laid on us all night.

smith-todd-head-shot.png

Todd Smith
Referee​

What do we do with Keppie?

Some brilliant hard front on hits as always... but, lazy inside covering defence AGAIN and another dropped ball in attacking position when we finally got it back after being under pressure. It's frustrating to watch the same problems in his game repeated ad nauseam.

2 points is 2 points

But man we came out so flat that half no energy , sloppy and just not switches on.

Lucky to hetvawya with that win , you can tell DCE at the end there knew we just escaped with the win there.

Ref didn't help at all all the 50/50 calls went titans way tonight.

Glad we got the 2 points.

Boy if we get a decent ref dry day and that same crowd at home we are going to be hard to beat.

Sloppy second half which des would not be happy about at all.
Take the two tonight.

Like you said, dry track, full house, Tom and Shuster back as well should be good to watch.

Sounded like in the first half were getting deep and running onto the ball and in numbers.

Some brilliant hard front on hits as always... but, lazy inside covering defence AGAIN and another dropped ball in attacking position when we finally got it back after being under pressure. It's frustrating to watch the same problems in his game repeated ad nauseam.
Time for some nsw cup methinks.

Todd Smith was an absolute disgrace. To the point of cheating levels.

Don't be too hard in Keppie. Gives his all. He smashed someone too.

We were behind the eight ball with Aloiai injured in almost the first tackle of the game. Marty out too. Schuster as well.

Koula was outstanding.

Disappointed with Paseka's first stint but came good in the second. Does he know what he could be ? He COULD be the best prop in the game.

I do think we put the cue in the wrack a bit guys. That sometimes happens when you dominate a half. And we dominated that first half.

Hats off to the Brooky crowd. You did us all proud tonight.

Foz masterclass again tonight.

Titans defense in 1st half was slow and weak. We were making huge yardage. I dare say if Schu and Tom were playing we would've been 30 in front at halftime. So how did they manage to turn it all around and score 3 tries and we had none. I missed the 2nd half. I'm guessing the whistle and bunker clowns played their part.

We’ve known it for a while, but last week and this game again, we have been refereed from a tip sheet. The subconscious discretion afforded to Knights and Titans in holding us down, because holding down is not on their tip sheet, is the only reason I can think of to explain why we get reamed for it and the other team gets the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, happy with the 2 points. We looked seriously gassed though, which was surprising / alarming.

We came out so flat I could tell front the opening set it just the same team that played in the first half.

We came out thinking the game was already won.

Ref didn't help at all us but a win is a win. Lets leave it at that.
I was worried at half time when all the pictures from the sheds showed the players laughing and joking. They looked to me like the game was already won and the 2nd half performance bore that out. Look, I know we had disruption with hia's and injuries but we need to learn to focus for the full 80

I normally just ignore the referring as I don't think generally it plays into the result but tonight he was diabolical. The second half wasn't as bad as people think.. we had no ball - they had all the penalties and 6 agains. We were a bit clunky in the second half but defended pretty well. Their tries were pretty much a bit flukey with passes sticking and then Fifita earning his millions with two runs. Keppie yet again slow in covering off from the inside and another error. Garrick injured, Davey off... Aloiai off with an injury, Keppie then gone with a head knock, Croker as well, then Koula with the joke of the off field doctor intervening.. big O off with cramps we had a fair bit in that second half to cope with - lots of shuffling of players so we just weren't settled. I hate to say it but we really missed Davey on that left side when he was gone but yes it wasn't an error ridden second half... we just had no ball. I thought we were great in the first half - very classy - second half we just had to hang on which we did. Hopefully Garrick's injury is just a knock - he is absolutely vital till Tom comes back. Koula and Tippytoes were both fabulous all night. Foran and DCE really really good as well. Forward pack pretty damn solid - super good in the first half.

Last edited:

Keppie is a good kid but a stint in the NSW cup might do him a lot of good.

Keppie is a good kid but a stint in the NSW cup might do him a lot of good.
Yeah, it may be good for him. Take some pressure off and let him get back to focusing on some basic improvements in his game. It's even further frustrating given the limited minutes he plays. If he was playing long minutes you could forgive the odd error or fatigue clouding his judgement, but not for those short stints he does. he should be fresh and laser focused... giving 110% to all those small important details

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11