Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
26 4 Pines Park
16 Apr 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

53% possession in the first half and 43% in the second half pretty much sums it up. Only two real defensive lapses firstly on Fifita when he scored and secondly when their big second rower ran straight through a hole in the middle of our defence that came from a terrible read and poor lateral defence. We also dropped our intensity in the second half and a few blokes were busted and gassed. I felt DCE’s running game was below his best however his kicking game was good and Foran had a great game. A tough win but we will need to improve to beat the sharks. 4 wins on the trot makes a tragic supporter feel real good. Well done boys!

Hope we win both Sharks & Wabbits...
I don't think either of those teams are top 4
Injuries and line-ups for both teams aside, we are a good shot at knocking off the Sharks on Thursday. I think they will be feeling a bit beat up after last night and possibly on a bit of an emotional come down. They've had a great run, culminating in getting up for the Storm last night. I think they are due a flat spell. Of course, we need to turn up and improve.

Just quietly, how good was Reuben again at the back, even when he was clearly hampered by injury? He’s a brave bugger and has worked hard to become an excellent player.
Reubs is a better starting FB than about half the fbs in the comp. Add to that his goal kicking ability (top 3 in the comp) and I wouldn’t be surprised if sone other clubs have a serious go at poaching him soon, if not already.

53% possession in the first half and 43% in the second half pretty much sums it up. Only two real defensive lapses firstly on Fifita when he scored and secondly when their big second rower ran straight through a hole in the middle of our defence that came from a terrible read and poor lateral defence. We also dropped our intensity in the second half and a few blokes were busted and gassed. I felt DCE’s running game was below his best however his kicking game was good and Foran had a great game. A tough win but we will need to improve to beat the sharks. 4 wins on the trot makes a tragic supporter feel real good. Well done boys!
That was perhaps the most disappointing play last night. There was a stoppage in play and we had time to reset our defence and reset our focus. Failed.

I watched a replay of the 2nd half. It turned into a real non stop energy sapping affair and we had to do a lot of defending. The injuries played havoc with our continuity. A couple of poor missed tackles was disappointing as well as some poor confused options when attacking. They seemed to get a lot going their way and Holbrook is kidding about Hamole first try. Clutching at straws mate what about Saab's bulls**t disallowed try then. The bunker is a joke.

I watched a replay of the 2nd half. It turned into a real non stop energy sapping affair and we had to do a lot of defending. The injuries played havoc with our continuity. A couple of poor missed tackles was disappointing as well as some poor confused options when attacking. They seemed to get a lot going their way and Holbrook is kidding about Hamole first try. Clutching at straws mate what about Saab's bulls**t disallowed try then. The bunker is a joke.
The officiating, bunker and constant rule changing in this sport is an absolute farce Mick. Honestly the impacts the refs have on these contests are atrocious. The 6 again rule is a complete joke and completely subjective. There’s also no advantage with it. Ref blows one then a team knocks on in the play and it’s a turnover. That ref last night was one of the worst I’ve seen tbh. Might be wrong but did he do our game v dogs and let them get away with laying all over us.

The officiating, bunker and constant rule changing in this sport is an absolute farce Mick. Honestly the impacts the refs have on these contests are atrocious. The 6 again rule is a complete joke and completely subjective. There’s also no advantage with it. Ref blows one then a team knocks on in the play and it’s a turnover. That ref last night was one of the worst I’ve seen tbh. Might be wrong but did he do our game v dogs and let them get away with laying all over us.
I can't recall if it was the dogs' game, but i remember a previous game of ours he was reffing and thinking at the time how frustratingly bad he was, especially with ruck decisions. It sticks in my mind because I was watching another game, he happened to be reffing, and noticed again how poor his officiating was. I had never really noticed him before that

I felt DCE’s running game was below his best however his kicking game was good
DCE has undoubtedly the best kicking game in the comp. His running game however needs to change. Lots of stalling and cramping. We have the two fastest players in the League and they hardly got a lookin last night. He needs to pass that ball out rather than hog it and try and make the break himself. Hope he watches a repeat of the Storm v sharks game.....specifically how Nicko Hynes plays his game. Beautiful to watch that Sharks back line in play. No reason why we cant play same style same game!!

Don’t you love the way the media talk up Fifita.

He did f’all for 35 minutes of the 1st half then a try in the 2nd half and now he’s silenced the critics.

He should have a segment on Roy & HG’s show “Bludging on the Blindslide”.
Yeah, I also spat out my corn flakes when I read that heading. He gets involved with a couple of glamour plays and he's suddenly worth his millions... bah! Downhill skier.

I can't recall if it was the dogs' game, but i remember a previous game of ours he was reffing and thinking at the time how frustratingly bad he was, especially with ruck decisions. It sticks in my mind because I was watching another game, he happened to be reffing, and noticed again how poor his officiating was. I had never really noticed him before that
According to the NRL This ref is very inexperienced to being in the middle
First Grade Games: 59 (2 Referee, 57 Touch Judge)

First Grade Debut: Referee - 2019 Round 17 St George Illawarra Dragons v Canberra Raiders, Win Stadium. Touch Judge - 2018 Round 6 Penrith Panthers v Gold Coast Titans, Penrith Stadium

He had a poor game last night ( the bunker saved him last night and the bunker is not that great either )Hopefully they go through the game with him and he is much better if Manly get him again

According to the NRL This ref is very inexperienced to being in the middle
First Grade Games: 59 (2 Referee, 57 Touch Judge)

First Grade Debut: Referee - 2019 Round 17 St George Illawarra Dragons v Canberra Raiders, Win Stadium. Touch Judge - 2018 Round 6 Penrith Panthers v Gold Coast Titans, Penrith Stadium

He had a poor game last night ( the bunker saved him last night and the bunker is not that great either )Hopefully they go through the game with him and he is much better if Manly get him again
That looks like he should be wearing L plates.

Why don’t they let him get experience in games between cellar dwellers like Dragons v Tigers.

Won 4 in a row to finish our regular season last year.
Thank you, I stand corrected🙏

I just checked - we haven't won more than 4 in a row since 2013 when we won 6 in a row against the Eels, Cowboys, Titans, Tigers, Eels & Warriors.

Last edited:
DCE has undoubtedly the best kicking game in the comp. His running game however needs to change. Lots of stalling and cramping.
Seemd to be a few occasions where his supports were not where he wanted them to be. With a new centre, pretty much new 2nd rower in Davey and a new fullback I suppose a bit of disorganisation was exposed at times. I didn't see it as DCE not running well (but that's just me!!)

Did you miss Tyler Wright's semi?
Nah, caught them all. I was referring more to the fist mens semi. That was atrocious holding a semi in those conditions. The writing was on the wall with the second womens semi already becoming inconsistent and dropping fast, they should have read the conditions better and postponed before the men went out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8