Post-Game Discussion Manly v Titans [Round 6, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Titans
26 4 Pines Park
16 Apr 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

For the record, the official attendance at Brook ... er ... 4 Pines Park last night was 16,220.

It was the first time we've gotten at least 16k to a home game at 4 Pines since Round 1 2016 when 16,512 saw us lose Zoolander's first game as an NRL coach 6–28, ironically to the Dogs.

Last edited:
Foz is in some fine form at the moment, don't know how this Schuster to 6 transition is going to happen and what Foz's contract will look like. He just looks so solid and happy playing well. 4 IN A ROW, EVERYONE ENJOY, AND GOOOOOO MANLLYYYYYYY!!!!!
Well said...Foz was one of our best again last night, and has been in our top 3 in every game this year. He deserves to keep his spot at 6 and I hope he can maintain his great form for the rest of the year.

Titans defense in 1st half was slow and weak. We were making huge yardage. I dare say if Schu and Tom were playing we would've been 30 in front at halftime. So how did they manage to turn it all around and score 3 tries and we had none. I missed the 2nd half. I'm guessing the whistle and bunker clowns played their part.
League is a possession game and Titans had this in spades, midway through the 2nd half it was 60-40 pos count to them. The 6 again's that went against us were mystifying, the Titans were saintly on these according to Smith though. DCE did a good job managing the games last 15min, this is something the Titans don't have thank god...

It's already settled that the Sharks will be missing Finucane and Hamlin-Uele.

We will likely be missing Keppie but we can cover that pretty easily.

I think we can get them with a performance like the first half for the 80.

Well said...Foz was one of our best again last night, and has been in our top 3 in every game this year. He deserves to keep his spot at 6 and I hope he can maintain his great form for the rest of the year.

I'd actually hate to lose him for any reason right now ... but I wonder if his form has caught the eye of the NZ selectors? Having someone of his experience and skill in the Kiwi halves wouldn't be bad for the black and whites.

I’m not sure how accurate the data is, but our average play the ball was 3.87 seconds and the Titans 3.4 seconds. Yet we got nailed by the referee for holding down…

For the record, the official attendance at Brook ... er ... 4 Pines Park last night was 16,220.

It was the first time we've gotten at least 16k to a home game at 4 Pines since Round 1 2016 when 16,512 saw us lose Zoolander's first game as an NRL coach 6–28, ironically to the Dogs.
Watching on tv the crowd and atmosphere looked fantastic. I couldn't be there but it looked fun and I expect more healthy crowds and a resurgence of the Fortress Brookvale this year. (and yes I was at that Dogs game a bit of a let-down to say the least!)

who got the dally m points? where do we find this

• Dally M votes: 3 - Haumole Olakau'atu, 2 - Daly Cherry-Evans, 1 - Dylan Walker. Judge: Ryan Girdler.

Girdler? Is he trying to be nice so the northern beaches drink coffee from his business again??

Watching on tv the crowd and atmosphere looked fantastic. I couldn't be there but it looked fun and I expect more healthy crowds and a resurgence of the Fortress Brookvale this year. (and yes I was at that Dogs game a bit of a let-down to say the least!)
I was in the Lyons-Menzies stand on Saturday and, even though the rest of Brookie looked packed, it wasn't where I was...plenty of empty seats. I have to say it was packed for the previous Dogs game and the atmosphere was better. I think this had a lot to do with the weather, when it was wet and the stand was full. Saturday was great weather so the crowd filled the non-covered areas. 16,000+ was a superb crowd and from my perspective Brookie could easily fit another 1-2,000 in... A long time since we've had those sort of crowds!

Sea Eagles Stats Review:

Seriously DCE needs to sit down and watch his ballplaying performance especially in the first half it's just not good enough for an elite player in the game.

So many glaring technical errors in his approach, delivery and technique on display in our spreads, not entirely his fault in some instances but his style is always a contributing factor.

I watched the first half again to see if my frustrations while watching the game are warranted or i just need to get out more and not over analyze life, but f8ck me it's even worse second time around.

The more time DCE has with the ball before the defensive line the more pronounced his faults become. Defensive lines know this and just back off and slide allowing him to either cramp up the outside backs who are not confident enough to line/hole run off him or let the hole runners come through and DCE gets killed with the ball as he is not confident enough to dig into the line and play late even for a safe second man depth play.

DCE needs to square up his shoulders to the line have his ballplaying hands more out in front and run directly at a chosen defender to stop the line backing off and sliding.

Garrick had a spray at DCE earlier in the game for not releasing the ball on a spread.(you can see a few times Garrick feeling it is pointless to run a line when DCE is ballplaying on that side) DCE replies back in kind blaming Garrick for not being where he wanted him to be----good on Garrick for sticking up for himself but best do it at half time.

In saying that Garrick was a touch late, deep and the angle was off a little when he initiated his run but DCE should not have been killed with the ball and delivered the pass, it was still a good option.

Problem is Garrick and others are not confident line running or hole running off DCE and it creates hesitancy plus poor timing, you spot the difference as soon as Foran gets the ball and Garrick goes in for a try, massive difference.

Too often on receiving the ball off a second man play DCE will instantly turn his inside shoulder too much towards his outside backs making him play sideways from the get go. There is no fear in the defensive line that he will play direct or dig into the line so they just back off, slide and allow his options to reduce the longer the play goes on, usually ending up in either a lame safe unders play or he cramps up the outside backs and succumbs with the ball tackled in an almost paused state.

I could go on and on technically but i feel i should share the Ironstine award around these days.

And I know I'll get a bit of flack for saying this, how good did the hill look. The team get so much inspiration and support from our hard core supporters, this can't go unsaid.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8