Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 5, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really, what is dce doing letting api put that grubber in. That cost us, we didn't get another attacking chance.
Not too annoyed by that but it was easily a game we could've won. Jake had an awful game.
DCE mostly played well, would of had a couple more try assists if the FB was aware for support.
Also seemed to be the only player to chase a kick today.
A few poor kicks but the wind was tough

Apart from that little comeback in all honesty we never deserved to win that, the forwards were piss weak in the first half.

You have to say we are missing Sirronen and Turbo big time!!
I think JetSki has the potential to be special, he’ll cover Siro no problem. What’s with the NRL???? They go from blowing a million penalties to letting the Tits absolutely go to sleep all over us in that second half when we had all the momentum. All good, they responded well in that second half. Hastings must go to six.

DCE mostly played well, would of had a couple more try assists if the FB was aware for support.
Also seemed to be the only player to chase a kick today.
A few poor kicks but the wind was tough
Yeah not enough urgency around DCE who played well. But if we just got a few repeat sets when the scores were 22_20 we would of won that.

Not good but certainly not as bad as that terrible bunnies loss. The tits got some crucial good calls. If only a the near try and the no try stuck.
I'm sure that last one to the titans was nowhere near the ground.
Crocker facing the wrong way indicates the HIA test didn't work.
Oh well.
Work to do.
Tigers to beat.

What a frustrating game chances and bad decisions
Players shuffled all over
Didn’t play consistent footy cause of that and nearly pinched it
Lots of bad calls by the refs that went both ways

Uate and crocker cost us .
They certainly didn't help, but if you're going to single out anybody for blame, single out the captain - Cherry was, intercept try aside, terrible. Fifth tackle options were appalling (my favourite being, "Why don't I run to dummy half and let somebody else take a kick?"), and his decision to put a grubber kick into the in-goal on the first tackle of a seven-tackle set - the ****ING FIRST! - when no-one was anywhere near it nearly made my head explode. If we'd gone over in that set, the game was ours. He's our captain, our leader, our highest-paid player. He has to do better than that.

Why are the refs to blame?Klein is terrible but Manly made some awful mistakes on and off the field.How does a 100+ kg front rower who claims to be able to lift a shed,get the ball knocked out of his hands by Mitch Rein?
Because Rein threatened to pull on his braids if he didn’t.

Tapau is good for a few mistakes and penalties conceded virtually every week.

Last edited:
Hastings looked like he was going to break the game open towards the end. I'd definitely put him at 6

Has also looked good throughout the season as well so it's time to look at rewarding him
Mate Croker comes off for HIA and we all expect Jackson to slot into 5/8 - happy days kid here's ure chance. Instead TB thinks so little of him he puts him at hooker. I like TB but fair dinkum he has form for stubbornly sticking with experiments that don't work and frankly I don't expect any different re Croker. We have zero hope of making the 8 with our WLWLLWLL kind of consistency. Tough to watch

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8