Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 11, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't know fellas. I was at the game and thought we were nowhere near as bad as most say. What beat us tonight:

+ Defensive structures between centre / wing
+ Halfback & 5/8 kicking game

Besides that, we were actually not bad.

We won the battle in the middle of the field.
Walker looked a cut above. Parker is great. Garrick was amazing. Elliott was great, apart from some dropped balls.
Some pretty harsh posts imo. We are still 5th and every team has flat games.

One game closer to getting two of the best players back.

One sleight, I'm sorry, The Magic Pudding didn't endear himself to me at ALL. Off the ball and off camera, he was a few feet behind the play from the minute he came on. In fact, random people in the crowd commented on how tardy, slow and ineffective he was (I said nothing ).

That said, I'm not too disappointed.

Watched the game on TV.

From that view defence looked out of sync, wingers rushing up and grabbing thin any, walker out of position and very fragile , seems to cause the whole back line to lose its structure - massive concern.

Too many errors, didn't control possession and kicking was poor

Down on energy

No luck with their tries

Sounds like a good game to miss. Won't worry about watching the replay lol. Hate losing to the Titans. We always struggle against these guys for some reason. Hopefully the refs played no part.

Parker proved without a shadow of a doubt last year that he ain’t a winger. Taufua needs a rocket, does not seem to give a ****. Elliot should be used as back up fullback only, his lack of urgency and positioning is terrible. I don’t know what the answers are exactly, but they aren’t Elliott nor Parker ( on the wing) nor Taufua

Well then, seeing you know better than me, I must have watched different games to you? The drugs I'm taking must be a problem. This year Parker's positional play has been a 180 from last, so has his defence, he catches the high ball, is safer than Taufua running the ball up for runs without a 50/50 or with dropping the ball in the play the ball. That I think is the Des Factor. But there again I must miss the matches you watch. You talk about Elliott, seriously agree he is not a TT but he has improved with his team mates. They were close a couple of times with the inside passes, but they don't have the 20 years of backyard football. At the end of the day this year is way better than last year!

Taufua will end up like Tony W which is sad. Tries too hard and stuffs up. Been a huge fan, but I fear his time is near.

Seriously mate, agree tonight was a cluster f#$K, but it is only 1 game, as long as they learn from it I'll be happy. Des won't let them do the same again. So take a chill pill my friend.

I don't know fellas. I was at the game and thought we were nowhere near as bad as most say. What beat us tonight:

Walker looked a cut above. Parker is great. Garrick was amazing. Elliott was great, apart from some dropped balls.

One game closer to getting two of the best players back.

One sleight, I'm sorry, The Magic Pudding didn't endear himself to me at ALL. Off the ball and off camera, he was a few feet behind the play from the minute he came on. In fact, random people in the crowd commented on how tardy, slow and ineffective he was (I said nothing ).

That said, I'm not too disappointed.

Totally agree mate, don't know what game some of them watched, maybe they are Parramatta supporters having a dig?

Well said @Ryan and also the 5 day turnaround which probably added to their flatness. I agree some posts here are a tad unwarranted.

We can't be "up" every week and would prefer to have that loss now, than down the track when it really matters.

Look, at the end of the day it was our biggest loss of the season against cellar dwellars. You have to expect some Manly supporters are going to vent when their team gets hammered by a team down the bottom of the ladder. It was our worst performance of the year. I dont think Des will be giving many high fives tonight.

Well said @Ryan and also the 5 day turnaround which probably added to their flatness. I agree some posts here are a tad unwarranted.

We can't be "up" every week and would prefer to have that loss now, than down the track when it really matters.
Well said
Still think we will finish in the finals this year probably 6th.
Onto the panthers next week.

We let 7 tries in tonight, 69% completions and 13 errors.

That is the game i watched tonight and sorry if i have been a tad harsh in my criticisms.

We are 100% better than that.
We are 100% better than that tonight.
Worst performance in a long long time but we are still in the mix for finals footy.
Des won’t stand for that effort next week.

If you go back and read some of the posts early in the week some of us were tipping this to be a harder match to win than against Cronulla.
There are certain teams we play well against, such as Cronulla and the Worriers, and poorly against, such as Illawarra and the Titans.
Our backs were totally outplayed tonight. Titans have a lot more strike than us, particularly when we are without DCE and Turbo.
On that performance Kelly outplayed the much vaunted Walker.
I think we'll also struggle against the 'Riff next week, unfortunately.

Yes. My venting is over. I am sure the boys will be filthy with themselves after that performance in front of their home crowd, especially after such a promising start to the game. We are playing cellar dwellers again next week. These are the games we should be winning.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8