Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 11, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2...PFKQyHc_CgvlBuXBJXUTQL73QyseqjHBGTDFv4IqX0C9k

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles centre Brad Parker showed his toughness by playing with a broken jaw in last night’s match at Lottoland.

Despite the obvious pain and discomfort, Parker played strongly against the Gold Coast Titans, scoring a try.

His courage was not lost on his team-mates or Coach Des Hasler.

The early indications are that Parker will be out for 4-6 weeks.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2...PFKQyHc_CgvlBuXBJXUTQL73QyseqjHBGTDFv4IqX0C9k

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles centre Brad Parker showed his toughness by playing with a broken jaw in last night’s match at Lottoland.

Despite the obvious pain and discomfort, Parker played strongly against the Gold Coast Titans, scoring a try.

Gutted for the guy, that one is hard to cop he was playing so strongly this year.

****!!!!!

Stand up and applaud Silvertails...

Now this is a Man with some Manly spirit to be proud of.

A broken jaw and he was one of our best. No excuses for being tired, sore or mentally fatigued from the Ginga.

His try was bloody classy. And his defence even better.

If you don't mind me saying the emotion after he scored, the way he threw that ball hard into the turf and turned to his team mates and screamed. At the time it looked like the perfect little piece of inspiration / leadership to lift the team.

The loss of Brad now, this is really going to hurt.

Get well Ginga.

We where down around 20 percentage on effort areas. That said wow refs titans where leaving well before ruck was even cleared in defence matt checin not a good ref for us.
Easiest transition with hank injury is garrick in centres and miski. Our light bench hurt us last night i think paseka needed for size. Given tanginoa spots opens nrl place hearing rumours of trex is this true ?
Lastly titans next to dragons are turning into out boggy side.

For mine it was more of a case that he didn't do it rather than not being able to. Especially from Marty and AFB, he got a fairly decent platform to work from, he just did nothing about it. And its not like the Tits were marking him close like they were Cust.

Last night against his old club and the side running second last (a side who he should know how to exploit), LG had the perfect opportunity to send the message to Des that he is the one who should be first choice as DCE's halves partner. He didn't do that.
Although i agree. Elgey did have 2 tries disallowed. If they are both scored then we are all saying "how good was Elgey, he stood up against his old team".

Did Manly get a penalty or did Brad break his own jaw :wondering:

Ceccin and Penerara dissected Marty's tackle to death but I don't recall anything about Brad's hit :swear:

Although i agree. Elgey did have 2 tries disallowed. If they are both scored then we are all saying "how good was Elgey, he stood up against his old team".

Maybe, but fact is he didn't stand up at all last night. I still think he was robbed of a try be Perenara, but that what else can Manly expect from him when he's reffing us?

There was a reason Des dropped him for Croker and lets be honest, if DCE and Croker hadn't been injured then LG would be playing for Blacktown. Right now he is only there because DCE got injured and with Hodko both injured and out of favour we need an experienced halfback.

I just love the words of our magical coach after that poor effort performance, when excuses for that loss are offered by the journos.

"Yeah No don't."

"Yeah No don't."

"You can make all kind of excuses, you can say the 4 day turn around from Sunday, but we still had opportunities where we could have won that game and we didnt"

Excuses for a lack of effort, don't wash with the one man that matters.
So are you suggesting that a side should perform at 100% intensity and effort for every game of the entire season?It aint going to happen no matter how good a coach or team you have.I am not making excuses,I am saying that you have off days and deal with it....I am pretty sure that that is how Des will view it.Of course we could have won the game,of course we had opportunities,every team in every sport in every game ever played has.Teams are going to have a flat game or maybe drop their intensity,I guess that it makes it our magical coaches fault then?Game is in the rear view mirror,if more is dished up like that next week then maybe be a bit more concerned.

So are you suggesting that a side should perform at 100% intensity and effort for every game of the entire season?It aint going to happen no matter how good a coach or team you have.I am not making excuses,I am saying that you have off days and deal with it....I am pretty sure that that is how Des will view it.Of course we could have won the game,of course we had opportunities,every team in every sport in every game ever played has.Teams are going to have a flat game or maybe drop their intensity,I guess that it makes it our magical coaches fault then?Game is in the rear view mirror,if more is dished up like that next week then maybe be a bit more concerned.

Smokin I mostly agree, certainly every team do have there ups and downs, and some weeks a team will be flatter. No question.

Whilst effort dropping off can't be removed entirely, I still say it is a factor the coaching staff influence, and a variable which can be reduced in a number of ways.

I love DES is not accepting excuses, I see this as the foundation for setting the stands and Creating that club culture.

As good as the Titans were, I am saying in my view Manly should consider they lost that game, because they were flat. The effort up the middle where Manly have dominated other teams just wasn't there.

Can we take the Tits next time? Of course we can. But only if we show up to play and do the hard stuff up the middle.

Not accepting excuses, then leads into players and staff being accountable for that performance.

Once individuals are taking ownership, only then can Lessons be learned.

One loss isn't an issue, but not learning from it is.

There is also lessons to be learned for the next time there is a 4 day turn around, as well.

I just see no benefit what so ever, in excusing a drop off in effort and execution.

How our boys respond against the riff next week. Now I certainly agree how the boys perform there is huge.

Freddy made a good point on the Sunday Footy Show.

The players who have come up have different levels in them at this time.
Some rise to NRL level full time, others can only maintain that intensity for a couple of games at a time.:nerd:

We can all see how Nase has wilted in the last month.:cool:

Walkers lack of match fitness and his failure to keep to Des' defensive structures should be fixed in the next few rounds :nod:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8