Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 11, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Let’s actually stop and give the Titans some credit here, they played very good footy from tackles 1-5 for the entire 80mins, and tidied up the last play in the 2nd half

Every time we received the ball, it was close to our own line, and we had 5 tackles in 80mins on their line which shows they played good, error free, solid footy for 80mins

We were down a mile on where we have been, which was always going to happen at some point, and they allowed us nothing to get ourselves back into the game

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
Jake has been dissapointint as captain tonight as well. Walker obviously hasn’t worked out when to come in yet.
Jake is may be our best clubman but he ain't a captain (yet at least). I won't be upset if Des gives Dylan next week off to think about things.

double hoops

First Grader
So Disappointing.

Walker is a fish out of water in that side.

But he is still not the reason we lost. Entire team flat and the forwards just didn't want to do the hard yards tonight.

So disappointing.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Bubble has burst. Now can see why they're no names. Yep most of that backline is reserve grade. Absolutely right back to last year standard.

Bit harsh there my friend. Thought Parker played above himself. Fullback was sound. Our defensive line play was found out tonight by the wide passes to their winger ...3 tries? hmmmm. need to work on that.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Elliot,Elgey and Boyle are lucky to be reserve graders

Funny how you only seem to turn up here when we are losing. "Lucky to be reserve graders"... they may not be superstars but give yourself an upper cut.

For the record, Elliott got 3 Dally M points against the Sharks last week... Best on ground for our #2 fullback.

Elgey is average. Can't say he is better or worse than any other option we have next to DCE at the moment.

Boyle is underdone and playing as such. But surely there is a reason he has been chosen over Tanginoa who is the next in line.

Tomay

Bencher
It’s fine to lose this one. A voodoo team we likely underestimated, tired from our mammoth effort just 5 days ago on a weird time slot without our stars. We should still have won for sure but it’s not the end of the world.

Too many dumb errors and just struggled with the final touch. Coupled with some bad luck, bounces and th Titans completing their sets (or dropping it and getting a dubious penality). Went ahead looking good and again the refs evened it up but those string of penalties hurt on the back of last week.

Walker needs to learn the up and in.

Now we do have to beat Penrith next week though.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Boyle is getting flogged for dropping one ball. Kite dropped 1000 in his first couple of years with us

In limited minutes, he made 39m from 4 hitups and made 20 tackles with only 1 miss, acceptable for his limited minutes

Not saying he is going to be a superstar, but the bagging of him based on a dropped ball is so exaggerated

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Pushed the pass too much tonight, kicking game was poor too.

far out though Titans had some lucky tries - at least 4 of them were flukes

not sold of walker, a fit suli offers more. missing Sipley, Boyle is woeful

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16