Manly v Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Fair enough if that is what the rules say. A shame if it is that way because Anderson is a special talent wasted.

Well ... if Tom Wright and Anderson display this special talent in reggies then I would hazard a guess that a simple pay rise of a few quid would raise them up into the vacant top 30 spots.

manly al

First Grader
I would have played Tom W over Jono last weekend (and Baz might have as well if he was there) but it was a last minute replacement and there is more benefit to guaranteeing a game in reggies.

Parker deserves to keep his spot but I would be giving Tom W a run on the wing sometime this year for sure.
Don "t think that Tom W has played much wing previously at least in Rugby league but probably would have been a good opportunity for him to make his i st grade debut on the wing against the Titans. Apparently has been down on form a bit in recent weeks but should be still good enough to given a go if required for the i st grade Manly side sometime this season .

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I would have played Tom W over Jono last weekend (and Baz might have as well if he was there) but it was a last minute replacement and there is more benefit to guaranteeing a game in reggies.

Parker deserves to keep his spot but I would be giving Tom W a run on the wing sometime this year for sure.

The wing has become arguably the hardest defensive position on the field ... both physically and in reading the attack, coupled with the need to make hard yards with kick returns ... it is no longer a spot for the hopeful.

From what I understand Tom W. played little or no wing in the 20's.

Baz probably did him a favour not playing him there for his debut ...

Fluffy

Journey Man
I really think Parker is an open running forward playing in the backs. He's strong, great defence and isnt scared to get into the rough stuff. But he seems to lack a penetrating ability out wide and isnt as fast as some of the others in the team. That said he may have a blinder this weekend and make me eat my words. He wont let the side down but I think if hastings gets the 5/8 role, Parker would be ideal as the permanent No 14.

He is fairly quick, faster than Kelly at top speed imo but not as light on his feet. A lot more like Matai as a runner than say Lyon but defence must be inspired by the great beaver as he like a round the legs tackle and that is rare these days.

Could well make a hole running backrower one day.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Don "t think that Tom W has played much wing previously at least in Rugby league but probably would have been a good opportunity for him to make his i st grade debut on the wing against the Titans. Apparently has been down on form a bit in recent weeks but should be still good enough to given a go if required for the i st grade Manly side sometime this season .

Given Parker only withdrew in the warm up I doubt he would have made it in time.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I thought that Lane has been pretty good.

Agreed. Baz using Lane as a front rower has been one of his better moves as a coach and it seems to be bringing out the best in the big bloke. Playing in the middle he has nowhere to hide and be lazy. It makes him stay involved and allows us and him to use his 6'7", 115kg frame to best advantage. Hiding out on the edges, tackling every now and then and only doing decoy runs and the occasional carry is a waste of that size and strength he possesses.

Tough decision but if Sipley or Paseka are to come in on the bench then it should be Winterstein who goes back to Blacktown. And with Lane there you don't lose out because he can also cover the back row as he had to against the Faders when Siro got injured.

D

Deleted member 26876

Reckon 2018 will be like 2017 for us in the way that we come into games more confident against the better teams. And our complacency against worse teams contribute to our lacklustre, flat efforts on those days. Could be wrong and jumping to conclusions, after all only 5 rounds in. Although it's a bit of a worry and something to keep in mind

Mitch

Bencher
Geez we’re looking short in the betting this week, into $1.65.

As I said though a few things in our favour.

Return to Brookie on a Sunday arvo

Turbo is back and 100% ready to go

The Tigers forward leader in Russell Packer is out, although Josh Reynolds does make his debut, but that may actually mess with the formula that’s worked for them thus far.

Blake

Reserve Grader
Tigers rely heavily on their defense. A few key changes in their line up should open up some gaps, hopefully DCE/Turbo can exploit them and we will win comfortably.

D

Deleted member 26876

Our offloads will really cause trouble for the tigers defence

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18